Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Colt team was your favorite

PrincetonTiger

The Indianapolis Colts in the Playoffs the year we played the Saints in the SB.

Colts vs Ravens

Colts vs Jets

Those are my 2 favorite games ever. Collie & Garcon were monsters in those 2 games. I'll never forget it.

Now, as a "team" I'd say the SB winning team vs Chicago. That was a season to remember

The 07' team was one of my favorites. Probably the most complete team we've had here in Indy. #1 ranked scoring D that actually could stop the run without Bob being in the box all the time, hence the fact he played every game that year and won DPOY. The injuries to Marvin and Dwight that year hurt us bad in having the chance to repeat.

That team and the 09' team were far and away better than the 06' team. Sad to think how many Superbowl's this team should have had between 05' and 09'.

I'll give my top four seasons starting with number 4.

04 was Peyton's greatest season and one of the best to watch. Especially the game he threw his 49th TD. 

05 was the season we played lights out until the AFCCG and we almost won that if it weren't for Vandershank or if Harper could of out ran Big Ben we would've went to the SB that year. 

06 was my second favorite season because of the SB win, but also going from the worst D in reg season and getting Sanders back for the Playoffs and going to the top ranked D in the * that year. 

My favorite season though was the 2012 season. We were predicted to be a 5-6 win team 8 win max. This team rallied around their sick coach and if they could have won in Houston could of reclaimed the division. This team also probably cause a lot of heart problems for us the fans with all those nail biter finishes. Especially the game against Detroit. 

1995, 2005, 2009,  2012

The only reason I'm not putting the 2006-07 Superbowl team is that they were dreadful to watch on defense during the regular season. 2005 was clearly the best team the Colts have fielded. They were head and shoulders above everyone else that year, but we all know how that ended. I will always remember the 2012 team, so much emotion and so fun to watch the beginning of something special.

I've always been fond of the 2007 edition. We had a legitimate chance to repeat, and we were the most complete team we've ever had. We played excellent on each side of the ball despite the loss of Marvin Harrison early in the season.

And then there were the mighty Patriots. The Week 10 matchup of the undefeateds. We were the only team in the league that had a legitimate chance of taking them down. We caved late in that week 10 game (Charlie Johnson whiffed on a block that led to a Rosevelt Coulvin strip sack that ended our game winning drive, and Tim Jennings [who else] got spanked on a go route by Randy Moss that finally put the Patriots up for good) and we left them not looking forward to a playoff rematch. 

The loss to SD in the playoffs was as confusing as any I can ever remember. Really wish we could have gone to Foxboro for the AFCCG. 

The 2003 team and 2009 team are pretty close. Every time I think of 2003 team I think of that buccaneers game where the colts came back with 4 minutes left against the best defense in the league. And then how they were favorites to win the super bowl but they had to go to the new England weather.

The 2003 team and 2009 team are pretty close. Every time I think of 2003 team I think of that buccaneers game where the colts came back with 4 minutes left against the best defense in the league. And then how they were favorites to win the super bowl but they had to go to the new England weather.

Since KD was with the Bucs I was somewhat for TB

07' team of course, but i will never forget the underdog year of 95'. only if we would have held on to that ball in the Endzone. Harbaugh and Faulk that year. went through San Diego, KC, and a play away from going to the superbowl that year. gotta say though that KC game was prob the better playoff game of that year, coming down to a 42 yard FG attempt with like 37 seconds left and Missed by KC to give the colts a 10-7 win. but that pittsburgh game wasnt the only game against the two that came down to one last play that failed for us. 2006 Vanderjagt Kick against pittsburgh that went wide right after a Bettis Fumble at the goal line.  :facepalm:

The 1958 team that won the world championship against the Giants. It was the first game I saw on TV.  The next one was the 1971 team that beat the Cowboys in the Superbowl and the defense set a rocord I believe for the fewest points allowed in a season.

I think the 2005 Colts team was the best of the Manning era. That was the season that we lost at home to the Steelers in the playoffs. With players sitting for 2-3 weeks, and the distraction of Tony Dungys sons death really hurt the focus.

The 1958 team that won the world championship against the Giants. It was the first game I saw on TV.  The next one was the 1971 team that beat the Cowboys in the Superbowl and the defense set a rocord I believe for the fewest points allowed in a season.

Yep!! Me Tooo!! 1958 game Johnny U made me a Fan!!! But for me it was every team for me that had Berry, Orr, Mackey, Perkins,

Ok to many, Baltimore and Indy!!!

There have been so many great teams.

'99 best turn around ever.

The 2003 team. Had so many special moments. Buccs, Broncos, Chiefs. Only if the refs weren't so scared to call PIs in the final minutes of games we may have beaten the Pats.

The '04 team. Statistically the best season ever by a QB.

The SB XLI team. No Brainer.

The '07 defense was amazing, until the Chargers.

The 2009 team. What could have been.

2010. Yea yea a lot of injuries, but just how Peyton dragged us through everything.

2012, no one had us doing anything.

1999 edge's rookie year. the 13-3 record was the first time the colts had finished better than 9-7 in the indy era. it was the first time i really felt like we were legitimate contenders

Best turn around in league history. Loved it.

Aside from the Super Bowl team... Probably the 2004 team. Seeing Peyton and Marvin break the record, then Peyton breaking the TD record in the last second win against the Chargers was amazing. The offense that year was insane.

this......

In the end, a failed post-season attempt. But that season, my god man they were ridiculous. Comparable to the 2008 Patriots, opposing defenses needed counselling after the game. 

I'm glad you asked "favorite" Colt team & not best.

My favorite Colt team was a little known semi pro team from Nashua, N.H.

See, as a young boy I grew up idolizing my big brother.

My brother played on this semi pro team & in 1965 as an 11 year old kid he brought me to

their off season banquet where the guest speaker was non other than John Unitas.

From that day forward I became a full fleged BALT & later INDIANAPOLIS Colts fan.

My "favorite" will always be that somewhat sandlot semi pro team from N.H.

My family still has the horseshoe helmet my brother wore on that team. He passed away 10 years ago.

I miss my big brother.

I'm glad you asked "favorite" Colt team & not best.

My favorite Colt team was a little known semi pro team from Nashua, N.H.

See, as a young boy I grew up idolizing my big brother.

My brother played on this semi pro team & in 1965 as an 11 year old kid he brought me to

their off season banquet where the guest speaker was non other than John Unitas.

From that day forward I became a full fleged BALT & later INDIANAPOLIS Colts fan.

My "favorite" will always be that somewhat sandlot semi pro team from N.H.

My family still has the horseshoe helmet my brother wore on that team. He passed away 10 years ago.

I miss my big brother.

nice story

2012 was the best for me.

The thrills of the 7 come from behind victories, the expectation to lose every game, and to be the underdog every game. The 11 wins and the playoffs.

Luck going to the pro bowl.

The season was truely magical, I mean to go from 2-14 and being ranked #32 of #32 prior to the start of the season, turning all that around and ending up almost in the top 10 in power rankings.

Loved the Bucks game. Their D was talking smack like it was over... the rest is history. Lol