Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Raiders rebuilding, should we make a run a D.McFadden?

ED29_1659yards

Darren Mcfadden?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With one year left on his contract, if he's cheap, is he worth it?

• No - This is unnecessary, not feasible, and is not worth fantazing about.
    • Yes - If he's healthy, and we can get him in a Colts uni for cheap.
    • Colts Grill serves good food(Detour)

This NFL.com column, suggest that the Raiders should get rid of C.Palmer & D.McFadden in order to put them in a better position to rebuild a struggling franchise that's under new management.  I think you know what im about to ask....minus C.Palmer...........should we????

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154846/article/carson-palmer-darren-mcfadden-holding-back-oakland-raiders

darren-mcfadden-raiders.jpg

Do we need a Rb though, Im not asking to be a smart- a. I am being serious, I see alot of people talking about us grabbing a Rb. Does Ballard not fit our new scheme or something?

Ballard fits perfectly. It's the other RB's not being able to stay healthy that's the problem. But I see us taking a RB in this draft. Brown & Carter are good, but they can't stay healthy for nothing. That's why everyone keeps bringing up RB

Ballard fits perfectly. It's the other RB's not being able to stay healthy that's the problem. But I see us taking a RB in this draft. Brown & Carter are good, but they can't stay healthy for nothing. That's why everyone keeps bringing up RB

I understand what your saying. I dont think brown fits the new scheme that well, and Carter has had his issue with injuries. With Ballard being a solid number 1 and I can see why we would need a solid number 2. Im not sold on taking a rb in the first like I have seen a few people suggest, we need a G, Dl, Olb, and Wr first I think 

I understand what your saying. I dont think brown fits the new scheme that well, and Carter has had his issue with injuries. With Ballard being a solid number 1 and I can see why we would need a solid number 2. Im not sold on taking a rb in the first like I have seen a few people suggest, we need a G, Dl, Olb, and Wr first I think 

DLine will not be  addressed in the first, with we our starters in place along with OLB, unless someone surprising falls. Colts FO thinks they have the starters in place and will be more for depth in those positions in later rounds. Im looking at OG, WR, and ILB, and i wouldnt be disappointed in a RB either.

RB in the 1st is highly unlikely. I was thinking 3rd round maybe Laveon (spellcheck) Bell from Michigan State.

OG will probably be the 1st pick

Brown average 12.5 games per year. Not bad for a running back.....

People that know my posting history knows that IMO RB is the absolute most over rated position in football. I have probably repeated that at least 400 to 500 times. Trading anything higher than 6th rd. picks or players at a position you're extremely deep at for RB's is an absolute waste. They are so injury prone and have such a short career span, that it's like throwing picks in the toilet. And don't bring up AP, he is a very rare exception and players like him are far and few between. McFadden is already injury prone the way it is. IMO, we do not need another RB anyway, but if they did add one, it will be a late rder or UDFA. They are a dime a dozen and very few teams have a feature back anyway. Using a RB by committee is the way to go.

I think that has more to do with how RBs are built these days. If you get an Edge/Alexander type back. That is a real asset.

That may be true, but those kind of guys are just not available very often. It's becoming more apparent that teams are not valuing the RB position anymore. They are very rarely taken in the 1st rd and when they are, it's usually a bad organization that falls in love with a RB and makes a bad decision to draft them early(Cleveland). Not saying Richardson is a bad player, but most of the better organizations would not have drafted him that early.

I think that has more to do with how RBs are built these days. If you get an Edge/Alexander type back. That is a real asset.

Meh, the colts easily replaced Edge with a rookie and a journeyman. Even during the Harbaugh era Faulk was injured during the playoff run and the colts plugged in a couple guys and didn't miss a beat.

The other problem here no one has mentioned.....

McFadden makes over $5 Million per year.....    even if we could work out a trade for a draft pick,  McFadden sees himself as a starter,  making big-time starter's money.

The Colts would want him to restructure his deal for much, much less.    We're not going to pay our RB five million dollars.

That makes this deal undoable all the way around....

And by the way,  all the other points made here are good as well.....