Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well said. For me the injury concern isn't the "right now" as much as it is "will it effect his longevity?" Unless I am forgetting someone, Manning is the only recollection I have of a similar sitch....Different position/age/etc. but he held up for like 3 or so years, before his skills diminished beyond effective......again I understand the differences but I don't think its known what the expectations are for any individual long term.....I hope its for a good long time.....but it does concern me, mostly because its not an injury procedure that has a lot of examples to draw from in terms of how it plays out long term.
  3. Context is king. Thank you for sharing that. I'll look up some more information on his situation, or at least I will if my dang eye every slows down on swelling!
  4. I forget where I heard this but someone said he played rugby...after Washington " retired" him
  5. Yeah. That's why I'm happy about this pick. Latu is the best EDGE on the field in this draft and it isn't even close. That's a change in philosophy for Ballard and I'm happy about it. Still nice athleticism, but the production is that of an elite EDGE. The best case scenario would have been Bowers at 15, but he didn't make it, so Ballard made the correct decision in not trading down and getting the first defensive player off the board before the EDGE run started.
  6. Corley has played almost 90% of his snaps out of the slot. I kind of doubt we go for him after the season Downs had.
  7. Just wanted to make a note as to what many people seem to be misunderstanding: Yes, Latu had a neck injury. Yes, he was medically retired for a season. However, this was not his decision. Washington essentially forced him to retire after a few team doctors incorrectly said he’d never play again so that the team could open up a scholarship spot and didn’t have to wait for him to get healthy. They never once gave him a chance to prove he was healthy with a physical, so Latu left for UCLA, where he almost immediately passed a physical and was cleared by their team doctors. Yes, a neck injury is scary, but Latu has played 2 full healthy seasons since that, and the only reason he is being questioned is because Washington and their team doctors failed to do their jobs correctly and let Latu heal.
  8. Almost all the experts were projecting Dallas Turner to Falcons... So, it's funny Falcons took away Kirk from Vikings and gifted back Turner as well. I think Falcons have made good moves in free agency, picking an elite defensive player might help theoretically, but trust me, nothing will help Kirk unless he does his part in big plays, big games, big downs (sort of like the saying "God helps those who helps themselves") - that's exactly why elite QB money is thrown around, not to ask for a great all-around team surrounding him. And Kirk keeps getting Elite money without coming close to the production (not fantasy stats production). I think Falcons are looking tightly at the big picture, building a team for the future, looking two years ahead. We know Kirk's contract can be set aside in a couple of years, while eating tens of millions of dead cap hit and by the time they may be looking to complete the roster build.
  9. I don't disagree. They like the interior line depth of this draft. Maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick there. When you look at the last two drafts, the only defensive pick was JuJu at corner last year. There was 5 offensive picks at the top of both 22 and 23 drafts. Pierce, Woods, Raismann, Richardson, Downs. Could easily be a top heavy defensive draft.
  10. The only negative about Latu is his past injury. He is one of the best edge rushers, but how will that stand in the NFL? OTOH, Ballard must have considered everything and decided that the reward outplays the risk. They wouldn't have gotten him if they had any doubts.
  11. Max Melton and Cam Hart on my wishlist at corner. Hart and JuJu would make for a very long secondary for the foreseeable future.
  12. You forgot about kemoko turay & Terrell Basham lol
  13. Paye and Dayo have both been a bit of a disappointment in my book. I was hoping they might eventually turn into the next Freeney and Mathis but they’re just another guy in the rotation who’s mediocre to good depending on the day. I’m hoping a Latu is Elite.
  14. Which is literally the definition of "two to tango." We were left dancing alone, so we found the best partner that was available.
  15. Day 2-3 Mock Draft *Colts trade pick 46 and 151 to the Bengals for picks 49 and 97. *Colts trade 49 and 117 for 52 and 83 from the Rams Round 2 Pick 52: Troy Franklin, WR Oregon Round 3 Pick 82: Jaden Hicks, Safety WSU Round 2 Pick 83: Dominick Puni, OG Kansas Round 3 Pick 97: Khyree Jackson, CB Oregon Round 6: Edefuan Ulofoshio, LB Washington Round 7: Kimani Vidal, RB Troy
  16. It was! But, on reviewing photos…he did have sunglasses on!!
  17. I woke up this morning thinking this could already have happened. I still think this is a good possibility.
  18. Tip Reimann. Maybe a 4th or 5th though. 6'5 272. Good RAS. Blocker.
  19. Dingus, I agree and hope he ends up being elite, and a Colt for a long time! and I dont know why but the "sunglasses" blurb made me chuckle! ..... Just general old man statement....Not a fan of the fashion show aspect of this generation......./end get off my lawn statement ......
  20. At this point just wait until next year. Go ahead and get your corner, linebacker, safety, and OL depth. Get all that out of the way.
  21. Mostly desperate. Denver put themselves into a bad position with the whole Wilson thing. They really had no choice but to take a QB. Atlanta is still very odd to me with taking Penix Jr... With the whole Cousins trade, you'd have thought they were going to get one of the top defensive players to make a push for the division title.
  1. Load more activity