Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts DT Josh Chapman realizes gain through pain

krunk

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another very good story by Phil Richards. And that is a very good story, indeed.

After Andrew, Josh was my 2nd favorite pick. And you know I love me some Fleener and some Allen, but I thought getting Chapman in the 5th round was a flat-out STEAL!

Big talent. Big heart. Great guy. So glad he's a Colt! :thmup:

“(Defensive coordinator) Greg (Manusky) just came back to my office and showed me a play where Chapman took on a 340-pound guard on the practice squad and just tossed him like he wasn’t there,’’ Grigson said. “He’s got rare power. And he’s an angry man. He relishes the dirtiness and nastiness of playing the position."

You gotta love that....

“(Defensive coordinator) Greg (Manusky) just came back to my office and showed me a play where Chapman took on a 340-pound guard on the practice squad and just tossed him like he wasn’t there,’’ Grigson said. “He’s got rare power. And he’s an angry man. He relishes the dirtiness and nastiness of playing the position."

You gotta love that....

Now all we need for him to do is get healthy

If I had a guess I'd say his chances of playing this year are 99.9 percent, Now I've been on record as saying he is not an every down player pre injury or post, just doesnt provide that pass rush consistently, but he will likely get on the field this year in my OPINION, it would be to hard for coaches not to get him out there to see what he can do before the offseason and next years draft. It will be great to see what he can do although I dont expect much this year

You gotta love that....

All Fine & Dandy. Glad we have the Discipline we do as a Team. I would Hate for Chapman to turn into a Suh/Fairley Character & cost us a Few games due to his "Power" & "Nastiness"

If I had a guess I'd say his chances of playing this year are 99.9 percent, Now I've been on record as saying he is not an every down player pre injury or post, just doesnt provide that pass rush consistently, but he will likely get on the field this year in my OPINION, it would be to hard for coaches not to get him out there to see what he can do before the offseason and next years draft. It will be great to see what he can do although I dont expect much this year

Gav most nt are only 2 down players first an second an we can use Nevis or redding in middle on passing down like most teams do

Name me a good NT that's a 3 down player. ALL three downs. And Ngata is a DE in the Ravens scheme...btw..

You gotta love that....

Why was I picturing Suh while reading this?

Eh I think we will be good with the rotation of Chapman and Mookie, Mookie actually does pretty good just doesnt draw alot of double teams but he does beat his man on many occasions and has shown he has a move or two (spin move).

Agreed. Plus, throw in McKinney next year as added depth, I think the Colts are set at the NT position for a while.

Agreed. Plus, throw in McKinney next year as added depth, I think the Colts are set at the NT position for a while.

My question I have this, is Angerer or Freeman or any other Linebacker we have capable of being a heavy hitter who can strip that ball loose, i see Freeman trying to pry the ball loose on occasion, I'd have to go back to see if Angerer ever does it because we need more turnovers our secondary just doesnt create those

My question I have this, is Angerer or Freeman or any other Linebacker we have capable of being a heavy hitter who can strip that ball loose, i see Freeman trying to pry the ball loose on occasion, I'd have to go back to see if Angerer ever does it because we need more turnovers our secondary just doesnt create those

I still say next year they need to target another top-tier DB to go with Vontae that way QBs are forced to throw at them. I'm not all that worried about the LB's forcing fumbles. I'd much rather see tighter coverage and allow Mathis and whomever be turned loose and let them strip/sack the QB's. 3 and outs, to me, are almost as good as a take away.