Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marlon Mack Underwent Shoulder Surgery on Torn Labrum

Fisticuffs111

7 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

It's the throwing motion that causes pain 

15 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Isn’t that the same injury Luck had? Why is Mack’s time table so much shorter?

There are different (common) types of SLAP tears, but all fall under labral tears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

The thread title is very misleading.  Ballard said he "underwent" offseason shoulder surgery.  It's over and done with.  Undergoes implies he just had it. 

I'm not trying to be misleading. I really didn't even think about the difference between undergoes/underwent, but sure, I’ll edit it to be more clear.

• Like 1

Shoulder injuries like this might have a "normal" get back to square recovery time...but your full strength time is usually 12-18 months with a lot of them. Shoulders are a *...and I'm not making a joke about Luck...they genuinely are awful...

11 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Really beginning to wonder about the teams prior administration and the docs handling of these injuries.  Forcing players to play through severe injuries?!

11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

cause he's not throwing or it could be a different location etc. 

8 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, just like Luck's.

Here’s to hoping Mack isn’t as injured. As another poster previously said, all of that type of injury are lumped together in title, but there are differing lvls of damage, and how the damage affects rehab/healing time. 

15 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Several things. . . he got it quicker then Luck who dealt with it and played with it for a couple seasons.

But mostly it's the fact that he's not throwing the football at NFL speed 30 times a game.  

This is for the record one of the reasons that they worry so much about QB injuries and the QB's always wear red jerseys in practice.  There are a lot of injuries that a player at any other position could play through that a QB just can't.  

I mean you see it all the time LB's with broken arms or hands go out onto the field with a giant cast on their arm/hand.  But there is simply no way a QB could play through that.  

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, csmopar said:

Really beginning to wonder about the teams prior administration and the docs handling of these injuries.  Forcing players to play through severe injuries?!

cause he's not throwing or it could be a different location etc. 

Not sure I follow this. Are we talking about the coaching staff because Ballard was the GM last year and would be in charge of the team still. I would assume Mack played through because he couldn't do more damage to the shoulder and it was more pain related. It also could be why when EVERYONE was crying for him to get more carries the team kept his work load down.