Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis

tfunky14

Sorry to say this but Vontae Davis was terrible last night. There was multiple times 3rd and long and Davis couldn't cover grandma. If he is to be the Colts #1 corner, I didn't see it last night. He must improve or next man up to replace him. His play last night kept Seattle's scoring drive's alive.

Sorry but his play last night was no where near #1 corner status. 

I don't know how to start a topic. But I truly feel Ballard should try shopping Davis around. We have enough young and promising talent at the position to do this. Davis is on the decline but still could have enough value to bring in a coverage LB, veteran Olineman, or maybe a 2nd/3rd pick. Any thoughts?

No need to say sorry, facts are facts. That was a terrible debut for our supposed #1 corner. 

I know Ballard will make the right decision with him. If we keep him, it's for 1-2 years with less money at the #2 corner spot. Maybe that would make him work harder with something left to prove. If he doesn't have it in him, cut him loose. 

One bad game (after not playing for a year) and we're done with you. You're over the hill. You can't cover a snail. Take him out to the woodshed. Worst CB in colts history. Sure the pass rush gave Wilson 15 seconds but he should be able to hold cover for 25 seconds at least. Another terrible trade from Grigson. We should trade him for 2 1st rounders and a star LB. He has a soft voice, how can you be a good player with a soft voice. Terrible.

1 hour ago, tfunky14 said:

Sorry to say this but Vontae Davis was terrible last night. There was multiple times 3rd and long and Davis couldn't cover grandma. If he is to be the Colts #1 corner, I didn't see it last night. He must improve or next man up to replace him. His play last night kept Seattle's scoring drive's alive.

Sorry but his play last night was no where near #1 corner status. 

Dare I say he's looked like our worst corner so far? Not including tj green

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

One bad game (after not playing for a year) and we're done with you. You're over the hill. You can't cover a snail. Take him out to the woodshed. Worst CB in colts history. Sure the pass rush gave Wilson 15 seconds but he should be able to hold cover for 25 seconds at least. Another terrible trade from Grigson. We should trade him for 2 1st rounders and a star LB. He has a soft voice, how can you be a good player with a soft voice. Terrible.

Who didn’t play for over a year? Becuase it surely wasn’t Vontae Davis. 

Some of you are truly unamazing. You demand loyalty out of the players we cheer on sundays. I would of preferably kept the greats until they were ready to go. Marvin Harrison released. Reggie Wayne released. Dwight Freeney released. Rob Morris, Jeff Herrod, Marlin Jackson, all released. Now we want Vontae gone on a bad game when everyone he was playing against had 6 games to practice. Shame on us for demanding perfection. He deserves to have a bad game or 2, and if we are true fans we should help lift him up instead of demanding his release. Shame on us.

6 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Some of you are truly unamazing. You demand loyalty out of the players we cheer on sundays. I would of preferably kept the greats until they were ready to go. Marvin Harrison released. Reggie Wayne released. Dwight Freeney released. Rob Morris, Jeff Herrod, Marlin Jackson, all released. Now we want Vontae gone on a bad game when everyone he was playing against had 6 games to practice. Shame on us for demanding perfection. He deserves to have a bad game or 2, and if we are true fans we should help lift him up instead of demanding his release. Shame on us.

Still bitter over the release of Ken Dilger

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Heh heh

Even if it was rust I still believe the Colts should shop him.

Davis and Moncrief being on contract years would both be good assets for the Colts to shop around and possibly get something for them if they do not plan on re signing.

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Rust.  Give him time.

Ha!  Vontae plays poorly in his first game after a lengthy injury and people say give him time because he's rusty but think Andrew will walk right in after not playing or practicing for 10 months and play like he's Superman. 

Yeah he was bad but uh. Let's not give up on the best defensive player this team has had for the last 5 years, yeah?

Talkin about getting rid of Vontae.....I mean I know we're all on the Quincy Wilson hype train....but that guy hasn't exactly done a great job staying healthy either.

53 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Davis may be shopped in the offseason but this game was clearly

on being rust and not having his football legs under him.

Can't wait to hear all the hate toward Luck when he returns and shows a little rust.  They will all expect an MVP performance.  Damaged goods.  Trade him for a couple 1's!

Judging him on his first game back from a bad groin injury definitely feels a little "knee-jerk" to me. In my opinion it just goes to show how much practice & preseason actually matter. Just look at Le'Veon Bell, he was pretty much useless the first 3 weeks since he missed training camp & the preseason. It wasn't until yesterday that he looked like he wasn't running in quicksand, and I expect the same type of game-to-game improvement from Davis.

That being said, I don't see him being resigned this offseason unless he becomes absolutely dominant down the stretch.

36 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Marlin we didn't resign, or MH.

Reggie was a free agent, he was not released. Same for Freeney. Marlin Jackson and Rob Morris couldn't pass physicals, and never played for another team, so they both essentially were retired. Marvin was released, never signed with another team, and was also essentially retired.

I don't remember the situation with Herrod, but he played 10 games in Philly in '97, then came back to the Colts for 10 games in '98, and that was it for him, so he was also at the end of his his career.

Someone else mentioned Ken Dilger, he actually went somewhere else and played at a decent level for a while.