Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Indianapolis Colts fans are about to do something really dumb — perhaps wasting a lot of money in the process — in hopes of rattling quarterback Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. They are going to fly a giant blimp around Lucas Oil stadium with the "#DeflateThisBrady". 

​I for one am not onboard with this plan.

1. Lucas Oil Stadium is a dome stadium....who knows if it will be open or not. Brady will have a hard time seeing that if the stadium is closed

2. Pats have hung at least 42 points on the Colts each of the last four times they’ve played, and that New England has outscored Indianapolis 189-73 in those games. What if Tom and the hoodie got so * that they decide to run up the score even more intense than before...I don't want to see a score of 70-21 beatdown. 

On the bright side, this game is probably the most hype up game for the Colts this season. I am pump for this!!!! What are y'all thoughts? I know Colts fans are going to be divided on this matter.  

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/10/colts-fans-plan-to-taunt-tom-brady-patriots-in-dumbest-way-imaginable/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=43&v=c_cVcxhzAv0

I will be starting Brady at QB for my fantasy team next week. 

If our secondary is forced to play pillow soft zone again, Brady will be leading my fantasy team to a resounding victory.

All that said, I think KL, D. Parry, and Henry A. will bring some nastiness in the trenches.  Holding the Pats to under 100 rushing yards would be a phenomenal achievement, and something to build on, irrespective of the game's outcome.

If the Colts D can stop the run, that will bode well for the playoffs.  By then, the secondary could be back at full strength and playing the press man coverage that suits our DBs the best.

The wife (from LA) has insisted that we go on a two week trip to New England to see the sites and foliage. I actually think we will be in Boston on the 18th. I will proudly be wearing my Pat McAfee jersey at whatever sports bar I can find for the game.

If you don't hear from me again it's been an honor being part of the Colts fan family.

We depart on Monday, wish me luck....and tell Nadine I love her.

Boy-Scout-salute.jpg

They may not beat us as bad as some think. We are playing a bit better than we were in weeks 1 and 2. Hopefully Andrew is back as well. At least we do know now we have a decent backup if Andrew cant go in any game. I would take Hass over either Houston QB or over the Jags QB. Regarding the Deflategate blimp, I don't have a problem with it. The Pats do not need any extra motivation at this point anyway. They already want to destroy us. If the weather is nice, we may have the roof open.

It's almost time! I've had this one marked on my calendar since the schedule first came out. I only hope the Patriots don't overlook Dallas on Sunday, before getting to you guys. This very well could be the highest rated regular season game in NFL history. So much backstory...

I'll come back next week and really get into it with you guys. You seem to have bounced back from what could have been a devastating start to the season. I would have preferred you guys undefeated for our matchup, but oh well.

One thing is certain, no matter the outcome, this game will be much talked about on that Monday morning.

It's not happening but if it did I couldn't care less. Who cares how someone want's to spent their money? There is a lot more money spent on fans playing fantasy football, betting and fandom things than what a blimp would cost to rent. Keep in mind that 'fan' is short for fanatic and there everywhere. haha

Guys... did you see what Buffalo fans did.. with those dumb billboards... Please, don't be *those* fans. Their team store even was selling air pumps. Needless to say, they looked very stupid come Monday morning.

It's one thing to lose, it's another to lose looking stupid. Do you guys really want to bring up deflategate during that week? I mean, this "vengeance" tour Brady and The Patriots are on is somewhat, loosely, related to events of last year. Why nudge the giant any more?

There is no way you can even remotely talk as much smack as The Bills did a couple weeks back. That's not possible. But flying blimps over potentially closed roofs... that would be the dumbest thing so far this year.

That my friend is what they call a technicality. But for all intents and purposes...

In general we have classy fans. I have been to a lot of games in my years and have been to a couple of Pats games as well. I was at the 2009 game when we won 35-34 on Wayne's catch and sat next to a group of Pats fans. They had their Brady jersey's on and didn't get messed with all night. We typically aren't rude and boisterous. Pretty laid back fan base in all.

In general we have classy fans. I have been to a lot of games in my years and have been to a couple of Pats games as well. I was at the 2009 game when we won 35-34 on Wayne's catch and sat next to a group of Pats fans. They had their Brady jersey's on and didn't get messed with all night. We typically aren't rude and boisterous. Pretty laid back fan base in all.

Yeah, I never take anything out on fans. As a true Patriots fan, I respect anyone who is a true fan of any team, even the ones I dislike or even hate. I don't hate the Colts, just dislike them, for obvious reasons. But I can't take anything away from someone who is true to their team. I can disagree and talk smack back and forth, but I have to respect anyone who sticks by their team.

Guys... did you see what Buffalo fans did.. with those dumb billboards... Please, don't be *those* fans. Their team store even was selling air pumps. Needless to say, they looked very stupid come Monday morning.

It's one thing to lose, it's another to lose looking stupid. Do you guys really want to bring up deflategate during that week? I mean, this "vengeance" tour Brady and The Patriots are on is somewhat, loosely, related to events of last year. Why nudge the giant any more?

There is no way you can even remotely talk as much smack as The Bills did a couple weeks back. That's not possible. But flying blimps over potentially closed roofs... that would be the dumbest thing so far this year.

Most of us agree with you and have moved on from deflate gate drama outside the occasional forum joke.

But, mods here have been locking any deflate topics for a while now.

I can't speak for everyone but I absolutely do not want this game to be centered around the deflate thing at all. Maybe some are still into the drama but I am not.

Keep in mind it won't just be us as fans to sometimes blame. The media WILL most likely bring it all up for us instead and get people talking on purpose.

We also can't help it if fans we don't even know who are Colts fans do parade it all around somewhere.

Yeah, I never take anything out on fans. As a true Patriots fan, I respect anyone who is a true fan of any team, even the ones I dislike or even hate. I don't hate the Colts, just dislike them, for obvious reasons. But I can't take anything away from someone who is true to their team. I can disagree and talk smack back and forth, but I have to respect anyone who sticks by their team.

Yeah I am definitely a true Colts fan, have been since 1984. Some Colts fans are just Manning fans or just like certain players which is fine too. I still am a fan of Manning and like to see him do well but the Colts always come first. 2011 was a really rough season to watch but it landed us Andrew. Regarding the Pats, you guys always look like a powerhouse it seems. Even in 2008 with Cassel you won 11.

Most of us agree with you and have moved on from deflate gate drama outside the occasional forum joke.

But, mods here have been locking any deflate topics for a while now.

I can't speak for everyone but I absolutely do not want this game to be centered around the deflate thing at all. Maybe some are still into the drama but I am not.

Keep in mind it won't just be us as fans to sometimes blame. The media WILL most likely bring it all up for us instead and get people talking on purpose.

We also can't help it if fans we don't even know who are Colts fans do parade it all around somewhere.

I agree I am over it and would love not to hear 1 word about it all week but the media will dwell on it as usual. Pats would've beat us anyway without the deflated balls.

What we need is our defense to taunt Brady instead. If they can learn how that would be great.

By the way my Deflategate finalist banner is just out of humor. Had to be done but I am sick of hearing about it in the news. Tommy got it overturned and it is what it is now. The only thing I care about is this upcoming game.

Some Indianapolis Colts fans are about to do something really dumb — perhaps wasting a lot of money in the process — in hopes of rattling quarterback Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. They are going to fly a giant blimp around Lucas Oil stadium with the "#DeflateThisBrady". 

​I for one am not onboard with this plan.

1. Lucas Oil Stadium is a dome stadium....who knows if it will be open or not. Brady will have a hard time seeing that if the stadium is closed

2. Pats have hung at least 42 points on the Colts each of the last four times they’ve played, and that New England has outscored Indianapolis 189-73 in those games. What if Tom and the hoodie got so * that they decide to run up the score even more intense than before...I don't want to see a score of 70-21 beatdown. 

On the bright side, this game is probably the most hype up game for the Colts this season. I am pump for this!!!! What are y'all thoughts? I know Colts fans are going to be divided on this matter.  

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/10/colts-fans-plan-to-taunt-tom-brady-patriots-in-dumbest-way-imaginable/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=43&v=c_cVcxhzAv0

Yeah I'm not for this at all.  Brady will probably throw for 400 yards on this D if they can manage to stop the run.  The team needs to improve substantially within the next 9-10 days. 

I guess if you look at it from an overall standpoint, Brady is going to be determined to dominate the Colts.  This probably won't affect him at all.  This next streak of games is going to be incredibly difficult for this team if they don't improve drastically soon.  That being said I still expect the playoffs for the Colts. 

It's almost time! I've had this one marked on my calendar since the schedule first came out. I only hope the Patriots don't overlook Dallas on Sunday, before getting to you guys. This very well could be the highest rated regular season game in NFL history. So much backstory...

I'll come back next week and really get into it with you guys. You seem to have bounced back from what could have been a devastating start to the season. I would have preferred you guys undefeated for our matchup, but oh well.

One thing is certain, no matter the outcome, this game will be much talked about on that Monday morning.

Know any bars in Boston a traveling Colts fan could go to, to watch the game, without fear of physical violence?