Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question why do others argue on here with outside fans? It's bad enough we as Colts argue with each other lol. I'm looking forward to play the Patriots Sunday. I hoping to get off of work in time so I can see the game from start to finish. Let's win with some Luck!

I have a question why do others argue on here with outside fans? It's bad enough we as Colts argue with each other lol. I'm looking forward to play the Patriots Sunday. I hoping to get off of work in time so I can see the game from start to finish. Let's win with some Luck!

I don't argue.  In fact,  I do my best to ignore certain people.   If they quote me, or try to get a response, that's on them, not me.

Also, it's best to just quote "facts" or state something is "my opinion"  or  "I look for",  etc....  otherwise you get accused of hyperbowling.   :P

GO COLTS....    

I am not sure if Manusky was there back in the mid 00's but some of those Charger D's were very formidable. Probably 2007 was the Chargers best chance in the AFCCG but Tomlinson tapped out early while the rest of his injured teammates, i.e. Rivers, Gates played thru worse injures and they lost 21-12.

His scheme need a good pass rush, and that's what the Colts have been lacking as of late. Back then they had Shaun Merriman.

Ok a Brady debate happened!? SHOCKER! To all those saying he should be greatful for the team he has else he been a no buddy.. Umm duh!!! ALL great QB's have great coach's and team

Shula/Marino for example. Hell does anyone think Steve Young is a HOF QB if he stayed in Tampa Bay? All great QB's have great teams and coaches they go hand and hand.

Imagine Luck with a coach like BB, Shula, or Landry? ( obviously coaching in their prime)

Brady's QBR was one of the worst this past Sunday, and he was sacked 5 times in the first half. I look for Mathis and Company to do the same this weekend.

Dallas Offense would certainly have fared better if Romo had been playing. Luck and/or Hasselbeck will fare much better this week. Also, I think Gore only continues to get better each week.

I don't understand why so many are giving the Colts little hope..... I am pumped for the game.

GO COLTS :huthut::fb::coltsfb::td:

I like the attitude, but this game is a perfect example of why QBR is an absolute junk stat.

So hyped too though.

Ok a Brady debate happened!? SHOCKER! To all those saying he should be greatful for the team he has else he been a no buddy.. Umm duh!!! ALL great QB's have great coach's and team

Shula/Marino for example. Hell does anyone think Steve Young is a HOF QB if he stayed in Tampa Bay? All great QB's have great teams and coaches they go hand and hand.

Imagine Luck with a coach like BB, Shula, or Landry? ( obviously coaching in their prime)

Colts fan here, but you hit the nail on the head here. A lot of people here (me included) think Luck is a hyper talented QB with potential to take a team all the way some day. A lot of these same people rip on Pagano. One cannot reach those heights without the other and Belichick and Brady are lucky to have been together for so long.

Pats suck though haha

The QBR is totally meaningless... it's ESPNs way of trying to make yet another stat that people shouldn't really worry about. Here are Brady's numbers for the game. Literally that is all he had to do for Pats to put up 30 points. So *just* a 74% completion rate, a quiet 275 yards and 2 TDs is bad... And oh, the actual QB rating that I care about, the official NFL qb rating, Brady was 130.9 (out of 158.3) vs 67 for Weeden. No wonder you would prefer ESPNs rating calculation...

The Cowboys forum was as unanimous as possible. They knew the Patriots would win, but hoped the Cowboys would win. You guys should have the same mindset. Under no rational argument can you come to the fact that the Colts will win. And if you have one, feel free to make the argument and I'll read it. But with all the "extra" meaning of this game, and the way the Patriots are laying waste to the NFL... this game will be over in the 1st quarter. But that's just my prediction.

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs T. Brady 20 27 275 2

You could have summerised this with:

Brandon Weeden got a higher QBR than Tom Brady... enough said :P

Colts fan here, but you hit the nail on the head here. A lot of people here (me included) think Luck is a hyper talented QB with potential to take a team all the way some day. A lot of these same people rip on Pagano. One cannot reach those heights without the other and Belichick and Brady are lucky to have been together for so long.

Pats suck though haha

There is a certain amount of luck involved, he'll I know people love Dungy in Indy. But imagine Manning with a head coach like a BB, Walsh or Landry?

The QBR is totally meaningless... it's ESPNs way of trying to make yet another stat that people shouldn't really worry about. Here are Brady's numbers for the game. Literally that is all he had to do for Pats to put up 30 points. So *just* a 74% completion rate, a quiet 275 yards and 2 TDs is bad... And oh, the actual QB rating that I care about, the official NFL qb rating, Brady was 130.9 (out of 158.3) vs 67 for Weeden. No wonder you would prefer ESPNs rating calculation...

The Cowboys forum was as unanimous as possible. They knew the Patriots would win, but hoped the Cowboys would win. You guys should have the same mindset. Under no rational argument can you come to the fact that the Colts will win. And if you have one, feel free to make the argument and I'll read it. But with all the "extra" meaning of this game, and the way the Patriots are laying waste to the NFL... this game will be over in the 1st quarter. But that's just my prediction.

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs T. Brady 20 27 275 2

True. I really don't pay much attention to any ratings

But I loved those clean sacks. :applause:.

The Cowboys got 2 big playmakers back on D Sunday and they threw something at the Pats that they had not seen on film. Thus the abuse Brady got. (Kudos to the Cowboys d coordinator for that) but the second half adjustments helped a lot and the Sacks went away. (Although Brady almost got killed on one play)

I don't know if the colts are capable of surprising the Pats like that as they face the colts twice a year it seems lol. (pats had not faced Dallas in 3 years)

Exactly, When was the last time they held Foster under 100 yards rushing?  He had 19 attempts for 41 yards last night, 2.2 avg.  Davis, Butler and Toler will have a good amount of time to heal now and will hopefully be better.  I'm not sure what they can do to improve the rush but it's going to be even harder pressuring  Brady anyway because he's been getting the ball out so fast.  

While holding Foster to a 2.2 avg is commendable, you do realize he had groin surgery on Aug 7th, missed the first 3 games of the season and only had 8 carries in week 4 against the Falcons. He's certainly not at 100%.  Just trying to add some context.

Brady's QBR was one of the worst this past Sunday, and he was sacked 5 times in the first half. I look for Mathis and Company to do the same this weekend.

Dallas Offense would certainly have fared better if Romo had been playing. Luck and/or Hasselbeck will fare much better this week. Also, I think Gore only continues to get better each week.

I don't understand why so many are giving the Colts little hope..... I am pumped for the game.

GO COLTS :huthut::fb::coltsfb::td:

Brady was 19 / 20 in the second half. Had 75% of his passes completed. 2 TDs, zero INTs.

QBR is garbage.

Good point....you know, the mods could save everyone the headache and just lock all posts until the 25th.... give it a week to cool off

Brady was 19 / 20 in the second half. Had 75% of his passes completed. 2 TDs, zero INTs.

QBR is garbage.

This is True.   It's a pretty useless statistic.  There are a lot of useless statistics.  I knew  it would be the only thing anyone  addressed or took from my post.

You all Completely ignored the fact that he was sacked 5 times in the first half, or the fact that Dallas did not have a QB in the game... haha

Anyhoo..... carry on with your Brady praise and worship.   He deserves it.  

This is True. It's a pretty useless statistic. There are a lot of useless statistics. I knew it would be the only thing anyone addressed or took from my post.

You all Completely ignored the fact that he was sacked 5 times in the first half, or the fact that Dallas did not have a QB in the game... haha

Anyhoo..... carry on with your Brady praise and worship. He deserves it.

I didn't ignore a thing .

I just responded to your QBR argument.

The Cowboys have a good defense, particularly in the front 7.

The Patriots made adjustments, and Brady was not sacked at all in the second half.

Brady was hit harder that 1st half than any half I can ever remember. Hell, he took a couple game's worth of hits in that 1st quarter. Patriots did some adjustments in the second half and he didn't have to feel so much pain. I think they'll work on that this week and I would hope I don't see him on his back too much!

You could have summerised this with:

Brandon Weeden got a higher QBR than Tom Brady... enough said :P

Yes, but that would lead *some* to think he had a better game... the only number at the end of the day I care about is the one on the scoreboard however. I haven't looked into how they calculate that version of the QBR, but I can say this, if his was higher than Brady's that day, they need to fine tune that sucker.

I don't think this game will be close.  New England has had this game circled on their calendar since the schedule came out.  I'm sure they'll say all the right things this week but internally they have to be thinking about punishing the Colts.

There is no better team than Patriots with "external" praise for the opponent. They give ZERO bulletin board material. They can make the worst team in the league sound like the '85 Bears.

Internally, you know they are breathing fire waiting for this game.

Twice today (Colts.com and Dwayne Allen show) TY Hilton has spouted off about "knowing" the Patriots are going to double and triple cover him.

As I recall, Bellichik does not seem to game plan around TY Hilton. Hilton has been ineffective if not invisible in the 4 games v Patriots. (Someone will point out if I'm missing a good performance). He's so small, "jammable" at LOS that I think Bellichik takes this approach (as is common with his coverage on most receivers).

Watching "Do Your Job" on the 2014 Patriots, I specifically noticed no one on the Patriots staff gameplaning around Hilton.

I sure wish TY would have a breakout performance against New England.

Thoughts? Discussion?

Good point....you know, the mods could save everyone the headache and just lock all posts until the 25th.... give it a week to cool off

I would agree with that. I don't usually get fired up for a game until late in the week. For this one, I was overlooking the Dallas game and just wanting this one to come as fast as it could.

I think this is going to go down one of two ways, the Patriots win them both, but in one of two ways. 1. We are talking about epic blowout the likes of which the NFL rarely sees. 50 burgers will be envious. or 2. It won't be as high scoring as I would like it to be, Colts may play the game of their lives, but they still come short and still give up 35+ to Patriots.

There is no scenario where I see Colts winning this game, just as I didn't see that happening in the last two Patriots games. Of course, I could be wrong, but going with the averages and trends, this one is going to be a nightmare for Colts.

Twice today (Colts.com and Dwayne Allen show) TY Hilton has spouted off about "knowing" the Patriots are going to double and triple cover him.

As I recall, Bellichik does not seem to game plan around TY Hilton. Hilton has been ineffective if not invisible in the 4 games v Patriots. (Someone will point out if I'm missing a good performance). He's so small, "jammable" at LOS that I think Bellichik takes this approach (as is common with his coverage on most receivers).

Watching "Do Your Job" on the 2014 Patriots, I specifically noticed no one on the Patriots staff gameplaning around Hilton.

I sure wish TY would have a breakout performance against New England.

Thoughts? Discussion?

Wrong. Patriots have been doubling TY. They would single him up with a guy like Arrington underneath and have a safety over the top of him all game long. Then Revis and Browner would single their guys.

So, yeah, TYs not wrong.

Andre Johnson needs to continue his play from last week. They don't have revis or browner but with arrington on hilton, Moncrief and AJ should be able to get their own, IF luck can stop throwing INTs, of course. 

Gore is the x-factor in this game. If he can get going early, we can sneak in a W.

Run defense will be fine as long as Anderson and Parry keep playing well.  The pass defense on the other hand, it could get ugly.  Hoyer completed 17/18 at one time in the game last night, imagine what Brady can do.  The problem is these receivers are getting wide open and the Colts can't get any pressure what so ever on the QB.  They need to fix this.

grigs dosent have time now,he froze on the trigger

Andre Johnson needs to continue his play from last week. They don't have revis or browner but with arrington on hilton, Moncrief and AJ should be able to get their own, IF luck can stop throwing INTs, of course. 

Gore is the x-factor in this game. If he can get going early, we can sneak in a W.

They don't even have Arrington anymore, he's with the Ravens. Which could be a good thing, as he seemed to match up with TY pretty well.