Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

Do you feel proud of your trolling patriot family here racking up the page count?

I have not actually read through the thread, but I am guessing they are not trolling/posting to no one? :)   This is going to be a looong week rob. But my mission is to focus my posts as much as possible on the game. It will take a long of will power so pray for me. :)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's already getting there. Patriot fans showing their arrogance already and they aren't even playing us this week yet. Makes it seem like the game was already played and the colts suffered a loss. Out for blood for deflategate. Psh.... What......ever...... Get a grip.

Yep, Colt fans aren't arrogant for claiming that Brady would be average or worse elsewhere.

Yep, that's not arrogant at all.

Yep, Colt fans aren't arrogant for claiming that Brady would be average or worse elsewhere.

As far as I've read, that wasn't discussed in this thread. But yet the Colts bashing and trash talking is very apparent in this thread. Pure arrogance.

I have not actually read through the thread, but I am guessing they are not trolling/posting to no one? :) This is going to be a looong week rob. But my mission is to focus my posts as much as possible on the game. It will take a long of will power so pray for me. :)

Your guess would be wrong dear.

As far as I've read, that wasn't discussed in this thread. But yet the Colts bashing and trash talking is very apparent in this thread. Pure arrogance.

Show me the posts citing the Colts' bashing. With the exception of references to past Colt losses, where's the bashing?

Edited by 21isSuperman

"I was raised to show respect. I was taught to knock before I open a door. Say hello when I enter a room. Say please and thank you, and to have respect for my elders. I'd let another person have my seat if they need it. Say 'yes sir' and 'no sir', and help others when they need me to, not stand on the sidelines and watch. Hold the door for the person behind me, say 'excuse me' when it's needed and to love people for who they are and not for what I can get from them and most importantly, I was also raised to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated by others. It's called respect.

I will do my best to keep this in mind as we head in to next week's game.   

Pats don't have Revis or Browner anymore on DBs. Those guys were tough physical cornerbacks that could stick to anyone. This time around I expect our offense can score just as much as the Patriots.(If Luck is 100% healthy)

Lol it doesn't matter who the suit up; they could hire me or you, and suddenly, upon putting on our patriots garb, we become a part of the NFL elite!

A few thoughts on the game.

1. I feel that if this game isn't competitive then Pagano will definitely be out of a job next year unless there is a Colts Super Bowl win (ha) or a win vs the Pats in the playoffs.

2. If Luck doesn't play this one then that is a clear signal that the injury is very serious.

3. The Colts have to, have to play far better in coverage. Hopefully we have a full compliment of corners for this game. If we give up that underneath stuff all day, over and over again I will cry. I almost feel like stopping Edelman and company is more important than stopping Gronk. Gronk will surely get his, but I swear every 3rd and 6 is a slant to Edelman for the 1st.

4. Though our run D is much improved this year, it wouldn't suprise me to see McDaniels scheming up ways to get his runningbacks space to run. I expect 6 man lines (almoat 7 with Gronk). If we can stop that, I feel we have a better chance of stopping Brady.

The Pats look really strong even though Brady has been sacked many times. The key to beating them is to play a very strong offensive game and keep them needing to score. Then keep track of the screens and dump offs. We have a huge uphill battle but anything can happen in a single game

If you want to live in a world where there is no dissent under penalty, the northern parts of the Korean peninsula seem like a nice fit for you.

I for one DO NOT want to visit Patriots forums. How can I ever engage in any dialog when everyone there thinks Brady is Jesus. That's not fun. I actually like to hear the other side, and maybe get a different perspective on things. Maybe learn something new.

Well, there IS pressure on the Colts to win, because they actually have turned their season around as of late, and a win against the Patriots is not just another win. That would be an exorcism of sorts if they get this game, they could ride that momentum, and with a healthy Luck, who knows what comes of that. Manning is one hit away from it all ending in Denver.

Not my fault if you are hostile to other fans and don't want to be friends. I won't lose sleep over that. But please don't tell me where I can or can't post. If I were a troll, I'd be gone a long time ago from this forum. When you play Patriots, expect to see me. If you beat us, you can feel great letting me know about it. Deal?

It's actually horrible over there right now. Many people spewing nonsense and hatred. Not one person has actually talked about the colts in a manner that a rational football fan would. If the Pats are that much better, the fans shouldn't need to berate our organization or fans. All I read is stuff I can't repeat here. Way to stay classy.

Well, time to officially get into next week's game now that the Cowboys victory is in the books. My biggest question is if Luck will play (I assume he will) and if he will be 100 percent with his arm strength. That is the biggest factor heading into IMO besides whether or not the Pats do the same game plan they did last year and just run, run, run. The way Brady is playing, have to think they take lots of shots through the air and take advantage of a Colts banged up secondary.

I noticed today that the latest trick play by Patriots offense is to send Edelman to just get in the way and knock out the defenders in traffic to make room for other catchers.I'm sure there is a name for this but I'm not familiar with all football terminology.

Anyway, what I'm mostly afraid of this time is not the Patriots running game but their short passing game, on screens and crossing routes because Colts linebackers can't cover. Edelman, Lewis, and Gronk are the ones the Colts defenders should pay most of their attention.

In my opinion the Colts can only win with mistake free offense, sustained methodical drives with smart QB play. They can't afford wasted plays and scoreless drives. I'm still optimistic that Colts can win this game but my confidence about Colts defense is very low.

The pompous pats fans....

They seem to come here just looking for a fight, They are smug about their cheating and accredit it gamesmanship. 

They got embarrassed twice by the Giants and it both cases Brady was outspoken they would win.

Rest assured there are no role models on that team and Brady's imprimatur and behavior is a cautionary tale 

All I can say is that the Pats are one the greatest choke artists in NFL history and I am proud to back a team that was in an 18 point hole only to come back and smack them in the face and take the superbowl away from them.

If it wasnt for boneheaded decisions by Seattle it would have been the 12th season without a title for them but as it would work out Satan loves the pats so enjoy that one 

The stigma of cheating will never leave the door of the patriots and they cheat so brashly their fans just drink the Kool Aid one cup after another with no remorse. Win at any costs, with no regard to ethics or morality.

The day will come when the pats will once again be bottom dwellers so let see how brash they will be then.

The pompous pats fans....

They seem to come here just looking for a fight, They are smug about their cheating and accredit it gamesmanship. 

They got embarrassed twice by the Giants and it both cases Brady was outspoken they would win.

Rest assured there are no role models on that team and Brady's imprimatur and behavior is a cautionary tale 

All I can say is that the Pats are one the greatest choke artists in NFL history and I am proud to back a team that was in an 18 point hole only to come back and smack them in the face and take the superbowl away from them.

If it wasnt for boneheaded decisions by Seattle it would have been the 12th season without a title for them but as it would work out Satan loves the pats so enjoy that one 

The stigma of cheating will never leave the door of the patriots and they cheat so brashly their fans just drink the Kool Aid one cup after another with no remorse. Win at any costs, with no regard to ethics or morality.

The day will come when the pats will once again be bottom dwellers so let see how brash they will be then.

thank you agent for vocalizing reality

Wow. You guys had Lewis and cut him. Why?

SIgned off the street, lasted a whopping 7 days, I guess he didn't show anything amazing while he was here. 

Eagles fans are much the same, questioning where this guy was when they had him. Such is life in the NFL, plenty of guys who don't show anything then boom land in the right situation and take off. Let's face it if you've made it to the NFL you've probably got the talent and the margins between success and failure are pretty thin.

SIgned off the street, lasted a whopping 7 days, I guess he didn't show anything amazing while he was here. 

Eagles fans are much the same, questioning where this guy was when they had him. Such is life in the NFL, plenty of guys who don't show anything then boom land in the right situation and take off. Let's face it if you've made it to the NFL you've probably got the talent and the margins between success and failure are pretty thin.

Yeah, some guys maybe bloom later or just find the right system along the way. The Pats probably best utilize the pass catching RB better than any team in the league. So lots of ops for those guys to strut their stuff. But Lewis' moves are eye popping.

Yeah, some guys maybe bloom later or just find the right system along the way. The Pats probably best utilize the pass catching RB better than any team in the league. So lots of ops for those guys to strut their stuff. But Lewis' moves are eye popping.

But the thing that amazes me is when you see Brady lined up in the shotgun and the back is standing right next to him you almost know the ball is going to the back and yet nobody ever has a defense for it.

Wow. You guys had Lewis and cut him. Why?

At the time we got him we had a lot of running backs. Also just watching grigsons trends he almost never keeps a little running back for long. Some will say Josh Robinson is little but he is compact at 218.

I think it's fair to say that Brady and Belichick wouldn't be as dominant without each other. But average? Nah. That's arrogant. Neither would have 4 rings without the other but they're probably both hall of famers still. 

I think it's fair to say that Brady and Belichick wouldn't be as dominant without each other. But average? Nah. That's arrogant. Neither would have 4 rings without the other but they're probably both hall of famers still. 

Perfect match for each other. Just like Bradshaw and Knoll and Montana and Walsh. We are a blessed fanbase to have been fortunate to have them come together at the exact same time and also thankful for Kraft who have kept them together for 15+ years. He never gets enough credit for that IMO.

But the thing that amazes me is when you see Brady lined up in the shotgun and the back is standing right next to him you almost know the ball is going to the back and yet nobody ever has a defense for it.

True but sometimes they have that formation and swing out to Edelman or hit Gronk down the sideline. It is amazing this year how multiple they are with their formations and personnel. Even Blount has got going the last couple of games. They can beat you many different ways which makes them difficult to defense. But the Boys thru the house at Brady in that first quarter and got in some good licks.

True but sometimes they have that formation and swing out to Edelman or hit Gronk down the sideline. It is amazing this year how multiple they are with their formations and personnel. Even Blount has got going the last couple of games. They can beat you many different ways which makes them difficult to defense. But the Boys thru the house at Brady in that first quarter and got in some good licks.

Hardy was out for blood!  He hit Tom so hard from behind one time and I saw Tom get up holding his back.

I said the guy might not even make it to the Colts game if he keeps getting hit like that.

Hardy was out for blood!  He hit Tom so hard from behind one time and I saw Tom get up holding his back.

I said the guy might not even make it to the Colts game if he keeps getting hit like that.

Tom is going to take hits this year with his line comprised 3/5 of rookies especially when they face a front like Dallas. Hopefully he can continue to get the ball out of his hands fast to avoid so much punishment.

What's up with Solder?  He seems kind of up and down to me,  sometimes he'll do pretty good and then there's other games where you'll see him getting whipped for most of the game if it's a decent pass rusher.  What's your confidence level in him?

Tom is going to take hits this year with his line comprised 3/5 of rookies especially when they face a front like Dallas. Hopefully he can continue to get the ball out of his hands fast to avoid so much punishment.

I can see the point, but a lot of that was coming from Hardy who was being blocked by Solder who is a Vet.  Or is someone else playing tackle?  I could be mistaken certainly.

What's up with Solder?  He seems kind of up and down to me,  sometimes he'll do pretty good and then there's other games where you'll see him getting whipped for most of the game if it's a decent pass rusher.  What's your confidence level in him?

They just gave him a big extension too this season. He is up and down this season and that is kind of his MO. He can be great or not good. I felt kind of the same with Matt Light at times. I wonder if this season has more to with the 3 rooks in the interior. Perhaps he is feeling more pressure? Not sure. But he has been off his game. He also got hurt yesterday so I am hoping he is Ok.

I can see the point, but a lot of that was coming from Hardy who was being blocked by Solder who is a Vet.  Or is someone else playing tackle?  I could be mistaken certainly.

The Pats needed to double Hardy more. Their offensive game plan the first quarter and a half stunk. Brady said in his presser that the Dallas D fooled them as they had not prepared for what Dallas presented as Dallas did not do anything that was on film. So credit Dallas there and also Hardy for coming out like a beast in his first game back. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team. I am glad the Pats figured it out by the second quarter and even more so in the second half. Did not want to see Brady taking those hits all game.