Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want at starting Center next season? (Poll)

TKnight24

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you won't see this since I have to believe I am on your ignore list - but just in case - two points.

1) If you have 3 pages of ignored users, who are you actually communicating with?

2) It seems to me you limit your ability to learn about the game/team by having so many on the ignore list. Why would you elect to limit that?

Because he is wrong on almost every topic. He hates when people call him on It

What quality D-Line would be available when we pick?

Maybe Malcom Brown from Texas?

But I have the AFC South (outside of the Titans cause they're taking Mariota) all taking defense with their first picks

They're now focused on stopping Andrew

Texans are already off to a goof start with the Wilfork signing and the Clowney being healthy possibility looming

Armstead, Brown, Phillips, Goldman could all be there.

The "ignore list" on this forum is a great tool to fight those people with haha

I use it almost weekly, 3 pages almost of ignored users. You can't see what they post, makes life easier :thmup:

:scoregood:

Does it ever cross your mind there might be a reason you have so many on your ignore list?  Maybe some food for thought?

I use it almost weekly, 3 pages almost of ignored users. You can't see what they post, makes life easier :thmup:

I assume you won't see this since I have to believe I am on your ignore list - but just in case - two points.

1) If you have 3 pages of ignored users, who are you actually communicating with?

2) It seems to me you limit your ability to learn about the game/team by having so many on the ignore list.  Why would you elect to limit that?

Although I do doubt this will get seen either I do have to ask why you would come on here to discuss things when you've done the electronic equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing la la la? I can get ignoring certain types of posters but sounds like you've ignored everyone that doesn't agree with your viewpoints and it's a strange thing to boast about IMO. 

Not a shot, just an observation. 

In picking a center, you must realize what level the other O linemen are. Castonzo is slightly above average, Mewhort is learning, Herremans is good/solid, Cherilus had a good year before last year (but last year was injury or poor). This is not the line to protect Luck, which confuses me with Grigs. I like most of his moves, but he was a linemen and has not gotten more than what I call an ''adequate" at best O line yet. You will be amazed at the affect of a legitimately good O line will have on the level of the offense as well as giving the defense some much needed rest when we can dictate a running game when needed.

Having said all this, the center position if much more pivotal than I think Grigs believes. This next choice of a center could have a huge affect on the whole line and thus the offense. I hope its not a "let's just hope Holmes or Harrison improves and let's go with them'' attitude.

if it becomes possible i would like to see us trade up to # 20 or # 21 and get landon collins to fill our safety needs. a lot of mocks have him going to the steelers at 22, but some have him going at 9 to the giants. so i guess if he is still available at 20 or 21 trade up for him .

But if not, I would like to see us get Shaq Thompson or Eli Harold OLB/DE from Virginia

but to answer the question, Holmes

So not in just response to you but I guess the discussion in General.  I'm not a fan of Collins.  I don't see him worth a first round pick.  But Shaq is intriguing to me.  Does anyone think we could "potentially take him there with the goal of him playing safety?  He seems to me more of a S than anything but he would be a project...  And one of the last things I wanna do is spend a first on a project like this but man is it tempting.  

In picking a center, you must realize what level the other O linemen are. Castonzo is slightly above average, Mewhort is learning, Herremans is good/solid, Cherilus had a good year before last year (but last year was injury or poor). This is not the line to protect Luck, which confuses me with Grigs. I like most of his moves, but he was a linemen and has not gotten more than what I call an ''adequate" at best O line yet. You will be amazed at the affect of a legitimately good O line will have on the level of the offense as well as giving the defense some much needed rest when we can dictate a running game when needed.

Having said all this, the center position if much more pivotal than I think Grigs believes. This next choice of a center could have a huge affect on the whole line and thus the offense. I hope its not a "let's just hope Holmes or Harrison improves and let's go with them'' attitude.

I struggle to reason with your grades on the line.  If you look at it realistically and in context to the rest of the league they are no where near the grades you are giving them. Costanzo even at above average is extremely hard to replace and I see him top 15 LT material.  Mewhort showed amazing promise as a G with hopes of him shifting to RT.  Herremans may be along the average but really that is all you need on a line.  Cherilus I'm willing to give him a year to see if he can return to form.  I agree he needs an upgrade.  Holmes though is way more than adequate to be our center in fact he performed admirably in his short presence.

An oline is more about having cohesiveness as a unit than individual talent.  And honestly this probably one of the most talented olines we've had in Indy in a good while.

Holmes would be the better of the two as of right now. Who knows how Harrison will come back though after another offseason of work. Neither was all that impressive minus a game here and there this last year till Holmes showed up for the playoffs. I wouldn't mind drafting a C in the mid rounds of the draft for another option for the position.

Jeez, if harrison is part of the leading duo abd they don't know who will start, we're screwed at that position.

Pagano never knows who is starting outside of the obvious postions. I understand injuries happen so changes have to be made. But we can have a healthy offensive line and he wouldn't name anyone a starter outside of Castonzo smh

Pagano never knows who is starting outside of the obvious postions. I understand injuries happen so changes have to be made. But we can have a healthy offensive line and he wouldn't name anyone a starter outside of Castonzo smh

and why would he name starters in march?

The term "none are so blind as to those who will not see". If you don't get it. Substitute, "will not" to "refuse to". Ignoring posts no matter what the subject, poster, or points of view is exactly how wars get started. And I'm not talking about web-site football forums only. Read about the "Cuban Missile Crisis" if you "REALLY" want to understand about non-communication issues. Knowledge is power. Nothing else. So, IMHO, quit bickering and get informed instead of choosing to not "read all about it". (an old newspaper sales pitch)

Harrison is the only hope of running the ball up the middle.

I agree hopefully a year under his belt he isn't thinking as much and just playing football.

Let them battle it out in camp chances are Holmes is hurt before week 1

My choice is C Cameron Irving from FSU with the 29th pick and kick Holmes out to RG

Offensive line looking like

Castonzo Mewhort Irving Holmes Draft/Reitz

My choice is C Cameron Irving from FSU with the 29th pick and kick Holmes out to RG

Offensive line looking like

Castonzo Mewhort Irving Holmes Draft/Reitz

So spend a first round pick on a guy who is perfectly suited to a zone-blocking scheme, which we don't primarily use? Insightful as always...

If any rational person had three pages of ignored users, surely they would start to question whether the issue lies with the world, or with themselves...