Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HtownColt

Darius Butler Starting

51 posts in this topic

well, at least it's against the jags. save the cecil short jokes...

2 people like this

Getting thin in the secondary

Getting thin in secondary lol we already bin thin no jones drew so hopefully we can hold gabbert

Do we know if it's based on performance or on injury?

Anyone know?

Just askin....

Powers was injured (toe) vs. Dolphins

Yeah the burns he sustained were at least 2nd degree if not 3rd from all those scorched routes wr's have been pouring on him.

8 people like this

Uh-Oh, Powers may be in Trouble. If Butler comes out & plays Well, he could very well be #2 behind Davis & Powers moves to Slot

Better watch out

1 person likes this

We should be alright..the Jags passing attack is nothing to worry about and we get a good glimpse of what Butler and Gordy can do..

Vontae Davis out, Powers out, mathis probably out... the offense better comes in fire because we will need a lot of points.

Stanford Routt is looking better and better. we have 5mil in cap space right now to sign him. because we do have the Pats next week and I don't want Vaughn, Butler, and Gordy as my CBs in that game

Hope this doesn't mean Sergio Brown sees the field in Nickel and Dime packages

2 people like this

Hope this doesn't mean Sergio Brown sees the field in Nickel and Dime packages

josh Gordy is the Nickel back. Brown might be the dime back though

Stanford Routt is looking better and better. we have 5mil in cap space right now to sign him. because we do have the Pats next week and I don't want Vaughn, Butler, and Gordy as my CBs in that game

They should activate Teddy Williams from the PS so we can see how he plays when the bullets are flying. He honestly can't be much worse than Powers/Vaughn in completion percentage and it is against the Jags.

well, at least it's against the jags. save the cecil short jokes...

I believe it was Sergio Brown that blew that play. Hopefully he remembers.

Butler><Powers does it matter? In one corner we have no secondary in the other corner you have no QB and no star rb this week, yeah I can see CBS raving about this intriguing scenario :rollseyes: they are probably thanking the football gods for Andrew Luck right about now, Lets just find a way to pull it out and get some guys healthy

1 person likes this

Our secondary should be called our tertiary.

I just learned something. Thank you.

1 person likes this

doesn't matter. Powers hasn't played for weeks. oh, he WAS out there? never noticed. I thought we were playing 10 on 11.

I'm not worried about the secondary for Thursday they should be fine. It's next week vs the Patriots is where I'm worried

1 person likes this

Arians ruled Powers out and said Butler would start in his place.

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

#colts Darius butler replaces powers in starting lineup

Wouldve preferred to See Josh Gordy get the start but Butler is a physical corner in man coverage hopefully he holds his own this week.

It looking like the shoot out a predicted

Blaine Gabbert can't complete passes against air. And the jags RBs not named MJD are averaging 2.7 ypc. The jags only chance in this game is if they keep it low scoring, they can't score enough points to make it a shootout

Maybe Brady gets kidnapped by some crazed Pats fan and the Luck/Mallett rivalry begins early? If not I hope we can win in a shoot out

1 person likes this

Maybe Brady gets kidnapped by some crazed Pats fan and the Luck/Mallett rivalry begins early? If not I hope we can win in a shoot out

haha Already counting Thursday as a W......me too.

haha Already counting Thursday as a W......me too.

At least we are not going into enemy territory with a water pistol(which I think was even forgot to be filled with water in my opinion), New Orleans 2011 ring a bell?

Butler was a 2nd round pick, so he clearly has tons of potential. He also is pretty young, so there is room to grow. One thing that worries me is that he was released by the Pats. The Pats' secondary isn't loaded and it's not like they have a ton of superstars back there. But I still think he has tons of potential

Butler was a 2nd round pick, so he clearly has tons of potential. He also is pretty young, so there is room to grow. One thing that worries me is that he was released by the Pats. The Pats' secondary isn't loaded and it's not like they have a ton of superstars back there. But I still think he has tons of potential

he was released 2 years ago when the pats had decent talent

He played in Carolina but was released when they drafted a couple corners

I think we're selling Cecil short...

1 person likes this

long as we can put pressure with our front 7 and stiffle the run we will be fine