Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Colts/Broncos make the playoffs?

bap1331

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just refer to the espn clip where Gruden asks A. Luck about playing #18... Manning's game face can peel the varnish off a locker... There might be a polite handshake involved, but that will be the extent of the formalities until after the the game clock expires... QBs aren't on the field at the same time, but we've all seen Manning intimidate the opposing team's players and coaches into making epic mistakes on offense... If Luck plays Manning in the playoffs next year (chances=slim to none) I hope he learns a thing or two about killer instinct and perseverance. If they face each other in 2013 or later, I hope Luck teaches Manning a thing or two about avoiding interceptions in big games.

Would probably top the old Colts vs Pats coverage

Perhaps in Indy. It took years of Colts/Pats matchups to develop the massive national attention that they had. Manning/Luck would be more like Manning/Manning. An easy hook for the networks, but not exactly the same as two HOF bound SB winning QBs meeting for the umpteenth time.

If this current pretend game happens then our TEs can pull a Gronk/Hernandez and we make smoke come out of that D while an aging Champ Bailey keeps himself busy on Reggie Wayne.

On the defensive side of the ball we hope and try to make Manning ignore the run and have another playoff game where he throws nearing 40+ times.

If this current pretend game happens then our TEs can pull a Gronk/Hernandez and we make smoke come out of that D while an aging Champ Bailey keeps himself busy on Reggie Wayne.

On the defensive side of the ball we hope and try to make Manning ignore the run and have another playoff game where he throws nearing 40+ times.

Well the obvious parallel is a superb player facing his former team after a traumatic parting, and facing the overwhelming #1 pick who replaced him as the face of the franchise.

A closer parallel specifically for Manning if you factor in "place in the history of the sport" would obviously be Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan. Please don't associate him with the jerk in Miami.

Davis makes a fine parallel with Luck, because nobody has a clue what his future will be. Kevin Durant is already a perennial MVP candidate. Anthony Davis is "the overwhelming choice to be selected number 1". How is that an insult to Luck?

I'd just refer to the espn clip where Gruden asks A. Luck about playing #18... Manning's game face can peel the varnish off a locker... There might be a polite handshake involved, but that will be the extent of the formalities until after the the game clock expires... QBs aren't on the field at the same time, but we've all seen Manning intimidate the opposing team's players and coaches into making epic mistakes on offense... If Luck plays Manning in the playoffs next year (chances=slim to none) I hope he learns a thing or two about killer instinct and perseverance. If they face each other in 2013 or later, I hope Luck teaches Manning a thing or two about avoiding interceptions in big games.

they'd be laughing and hugging...

They dont have to hit each other...