Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Colts/Broncos make the playoffs?

bap1331

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Patriots head coach would imply in his own ways, "We are preparing for this game like any other game. It is an opponent who provides unique challenges and we have to have a good week of practice."

The media hoopla is just that....media hoopla.

Just ask Mark Cuban. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hv2jqFd2-qI

To Skip Bayless's credit, he can both dish & take his criticism medicine well. That's why I like him. Skip doesn't hide from anybody & unlike NFL analyst Deion Sanders he doesn't slam an athlete all year for poor play & then kiss his backside & try to be best buddies when that same athlete wins the SB that calendar year. I bleeping despise that personally. Deion's nickname should be "Two Faced Liar" IMO.

I don't agree with everything Skip Bayless says. His obsession with Tim Tebow is bordering on insane, straight jacket territory, but Skip is consistent & he sticks to his guns. When he is wrong, he admits it. See the Aaron Rogers standing ovation on ESPN after the Packers beat the Steelers in the Superbowl last season.

http://youtu.be/AbL9YneYW1U

I'd be happy either way but I'll be honest, I'd be rooting for Peyton. Luck's career is just getting started and Peyton's is winding down. The Colts will be in Indy until at least 2032 (or something like that). The Colts have a much longer window than Peyton does so yeah I'd rather see Peyton get a chance at another ring instead of, let's face it, an overachieving Colts team.

Even if the Colts make the playoffs and go one-and-done, that's far exceeding expectations and would give the young group of guys we have something huge to build on, and if they're that good in year 1 then just think of how good they'll get after they get some experience under their belt.

I'd be happy either way but I'll be honest, I'd be rooting for Peyton. Luck's career is just getting started and Peyton's is winding down. The Colts will be in Indy until at least 2032 (or something like that). The Colts have a much longer window than Peyton does so yeah I'd rather see Peyton get a chance at another ring instead of, let's face it, an overachieving Colts team.

Even if the Colts make the playoffs and go one-and-done, that's far exceeding expectations and would give the young group of guys we have something huge to build on, and if they're that good in year 1 then just think of how good they'll get after they get some experience under their belt.

If you are a Colts fan, why would you be happy fo your team to lose a play-off game? If you are not a Colts fan, then the answer is totally fine.

Actually, this game would garnish a lot of attention, probably a lot more than we are going to receive after the first four games. Colt fans are used to having their team talked about....and that is one of the hardest things that the average fan is facing...that we are just "not all that" at this time.

If that match up was to occur in the post season, then I say Peyton owes us a pick six or two or three. Hopefully he makes one of our lesser known db's into the second coming of Ty Law or Tracy Porter for that matter.

That said though...I'd expect a (healthy) Manning to be dialed in and pretty much dissect us to pieces. He would be heck bent on retribution. He'll never say it publicly but he is competitive that way...just how he is wired. The media and the nation would pretty much be rooting against the Colts and cheering Peyton on.

If you are a Colts fan, why would you be happy fo your team to lose a play-off game? If you are not a Colts fan, then the answer is totally fine.

I'll try to make this simple. i'm a Colts fan. I'm also a Peyton fan. if they were to play each other in the playoffs then I'm not really going to be totally happy no matter which one wins because it means the other had lost. however, if i had to choose then, due to factors I mentioned in my first post in this thread, I would prefer to see peyton win than lose. If that's difficult for you or anyone else to comprehend then, quite frankly, that's not my problem. That's simply the way I feel about it and I'm not going to get into a "who's a better fan" contest with you or anyone else because the whole idea is just plain stupid. ;)

I'll try to make this simple. i'm a Colts fan. I'm also a Peyton fan. if they were to play each other in the playoffs then I'm not really going to be totally happy no matter which one wins because it means the other had lost. however, if i had to choose then, due to factors I mentioned in my first post in this thread, I would prefer to see peyton win than lose. If that's difficult for you or anyone else to comprehend then, quite frankly, that's not my problem. That's simply the way I feel about it and I'm not going to get into a "who's a better fan" contest with you or anyone else because the whole idea is just plain stupid. ;)

Who said anything about 'who's a better fan'? I was interested in where FX's loyalties lie. You are 100% entitled to your choices. It now helps me when replying to any of your posts, now I understand you are a Peyton fan first, Colts second.

I would probably agree with that...

If the Colts make the playoffs in 2012 or 2013.....its a team on the way up..

..If Denver makes it...withn Manning, their clock is running out...

Plus..to me..the season would be a major success for Indy if they simply make the playoffs.

But it would be a happy day for me because one would advance..and eitehr reaching the Super Bowl the next 2 seasions would make it a great season...

I think it would be awesome that we turned around so quickly! Plus what I think would be even better is if we met in the AFC championship game and smashed the donks! Let Powers get a pick six, Mathis and Freeney both have a sack/strip (cause we all know Peyton isn't fleet of foot) and we beat em 42-10 enroute to winning the superbowl over the Giants! Beat both Mannings int he same year. Completely epic...

And completely a pipe dream:)

I think it would be awesome that we turned around so quickly! Plus what I think would be even better is if we met in the AFC championship game and smashed the donks! Let Powers get a pick six, Mathis and Freeney both have a sack/strip (cause we all know Peyton isn't fleet of foot) and we beat em 42-10 enroute to winning the superbowl over the Giants! Beat both Mannings int he same year. Completely epic...

And completely a pipe dream:)

Especially the part about Jerraud powers picking off Peyton Manning......Eli maybe

Who said anything about 'who's a better fan'? I was interested in where FX's loyalties lie. You are 100% entitled to your choices. It now helps me when replying to any of your posts, now I understand you are a Peyton fan first, Colts second.

I don't think that's a fair characterization either. The way I see it is that, even though he's a Colts fan, he's still a Manning fan, and since Manning has a lot less time left to win championships, he wants to see Manning win now. Doesn't mean he's more of a Manning fan, or that Manning necessarily comes first.

I'm only injecting myself into this because I kind of feel the same way as he does.

Like I said its pretty simple in my opinion, if and likely when the Broncos make it to the playoffs and if and likely when the Colts dont this year, I will be rooting for the Broncos, now if the Colts get into the playoffs in the future and Manning is still with the Broncos I will be rooting for my Colts, I am not sure Peytons window to win a championship is 5 years though, its my thinking that he has a 2 year window to bring a championship to Denver.

I don't think that's a fair characterization either. The way I see it is that, even though he's a Colts fan, he's still a Manning fan, and since Manning has a lot less time left to win championships, he wants to see Manning win now. Doesn't mean he's more of a Manning fan, or that Manning necessarily comes first.

I'm only injecting myself into this because I kind of feel the same way as he does.

I think it is very fair. You are choosing to shout for an individual to have success to the detriment of your team. You can surround your views with pretty homages to the GOAT, but bottom line, you are a Colts fan 2nd (or will be until 18 retires).

I'm not being critical of you or FX' choice, I get it, and don't mind. It's just not for me......

I think it is very fair. You are choosing to shout for an individual to have success to the detriment of your team. You can surround your views with pretty homages to the GOAT, but bottom line, you are a Colts fan 2nd (or will be until 18 retires).

I'm not being critical of you or FX' choice, I get it, and don't mind. It's just not for me......

I thought it wasn't about superior fanhood? You seem to try and paint the Colt fan second light a lot though. When that's not the case.

I thought it wasn't about superior fanhood? You seem to try and paint the Colt fan second light a lot though. When that's not the case.

You keep mentioning 'superior fanhood'. All I've said is it's not for me, this choosing a player (any player), over a team (any team). There is no other stance or hidden agenda. Why can't you understand that?

Seems to me you have a grudge or are feeling insecure about something.....

Only if forced to make a choice, though. This isn't an active desire to see the Colts lose anything. I'm speaking for myself, obviously.

Until and unless Manning plays against the Colts in a playoff game, I am NOT a Colts fan second. If it makes you feel better to say that I would be a Colts fan second in that event, feel free. I think that kind of characterization is a) meaningless, and b) inherently condescending.

Only if forced to make a choice, though. This isn't an active desire to see the Colts lose anything. I'm speaking for myself, obviously.

Until and unless Manning plays against the Colts in a playoff game, I am NOT a Colts fan second. If it makes you feel better to say that I would be a Colts fan second in that event, feel free. I think that kind of characterization is a) meaningless, and b) inherently condescending.

Condescending? You openly stated you'd prefer to see the Broncos beat the Colts in the play-offs this year. I did not write that, or put words in your mouth. It may be meaningless, it's not consescending at all, just a fact, taken from your own words.

I'll leave it at that.

If the Colts make the playoffs this year I don't care who they play it'll be one of the most shocking NFL seasons I've seen from them in a long time and I'll be thrilled they are there.

As for what it would be like? The media would hype it more than they did Manning vs. Brady. Colts fans would be torn just like they are anytime the subject of Peyton Manning comes up right now. You'd have your "Colts" fans and your "Peyton" fans just the volume would be turned way up on it. For me personally I am a Colts fan first. I've openly said Jim Harbaugh is my all-time favorite Colt but even when we played him with the Ravens and Chargers after he left I pulled for the Colts. I would do the samething here.

Oh and you can bet it would be the prime-time game on either NBC or CBS.

We'll get a taste of it next year for sure though when the Broncos come to Indy. That would be a good game for Luck and the Colts to find away to win...just saying...

Condescending? You openly stated you'd prefer to see the Broncos beat the Colts in the play-offs this year. I did not write that, or put words in your mouth. It may be meaningless, it's not consescending at all, just a fact, taken from your own words.

I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, condescending, as in "you're not a Colts fan, you're a Colts fan 2nd." I'm not trying to make a big deal of this. I've been called worse than that. But that characterization has an implication to it that will ruffle feathers. Maybe you don't get that, but it's true, especially in the given scenario.

OK, I won't leave it at that.

Firstly, I was not intending to ruffle any feathers, so if it's an accidental fall-out of this, it was not deliberate.

Regarding the Colts fan 1st or 2nd 'thing'......what can I say, apart from, well, you are a Colts Fan 2nd (or will be this season). You have stated that you would prefer the Broncos to beat the Colts in the unlikely event of them meeting in the play-offs. Now if Peyton get's his 2nd ring this season, and the Colts meet the Broncos a year later, maybe you'll reverse the stance. I don't care either way. I really don't. You're clearly a big fan of both (like many), and this is 100% fine. You can say it a thousand times, but it is still a fact, and it is not condescending in any way shape or form.

I really don't understand why you are getting antsy with this 'characterisation', as it actually does represent where your loyalties lie. You should be proud of it, rather than trying to shoot me down just because I've made it appear in black and white.

OK, I won't leave it at that.

Firstly, I was not intending to ruffle any feathers, so if it's an accidental fall-out of this, it was not deliberate.

Regarding the Colts fan 1st or 2nd 'thing'......what can I say, apart from, well, you are a Colts Fan 2nd (or will be this season). You have stated that you would prefer the Broncos to beat the Colts in the unlikely event of them meeting in the play-offs. Now if Peyton get's his 2nd ring this season, and the Colts meet the Broncos a year later, maybe you'll reverse the stance. I don't care either way. I really don't. You're clearly a big fan of both (like many), and this is 100% fine. You can say it a thousand times, but it is still a fact, and it is not condescending in any way shape or form.

I really don't understand why you are getting antsy with this 'characterisation', as it actually does represent where your loyalties lie. You should be proud of it, rather than trying to shoot me down just because I've made it appear in black and white.

I'm not antsy. I understand. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because when fans' loyalties start getting pigeon-holed, it can cause an issue. I'm hashing this out with you, not because I'm offended, but because I think it's something that will be brought up many times until Manning retires, and maybe even after that. And it is a sensitive issue for many. As you can see, when you start saying someone is a Colts fan second, it rubs a sore spot. From the responses in this thread, you have to recognize that.

As for my preference, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying I want the Colts to lose, or even that I would necessarily choose for them to lose, but someone has to lose. And it would make me less sad to see the Colts lose, knowing that they have many more opportunities left to win Super Bowls than Manning does. I'd wear my Manning Colts jersey, and it would be bittersweet either way.

And you're right, if the Broncos were to win the Super Bowl this year, and then the Colts and Broncos met next year in the playoffs, it might change my "less sad" hierarchy.

I'm not antsy. I understand. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because when fans' loyalties start getting pigeon-holed, it can cause an issue. I'm hashing this out with you, not because I'm offended, but because I think it's something that will be brought up many times until Manning retires, and maybe even after that. And it is a sensitive issue for many. As you can see, when you start saying someone is a Colts fan second, it rubs a sore spot. From the responses in this thread, you have to recognize that.

As for my preference, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying I want the Colts to lose, or even that I would necessarily choose for them to lose, but someone has to lose. And it would make me less sad to see the Colts lose, knowing that they have many more opportunities left to win Super Bowls than Manning does. I'd wear my Manning Colts jersey, and it would be bittersweet either way.

And you're right, if the Broncos were to win the Super Bowl this year, and then the Colts and Broncos met next year in the playoffs, it might change my "less sad" hierarchy.

Well said. I really will leave it at that.....appreciate the 'debate'.....

This topic probably on the verge of being locked if it keeps going on as a argument. I'd say drop the arguing over this fanhood thing. That being said. i would want the Colts to win, and feel bad for Peyton. He deserves a few more SB's, even at the expense of the colts. But if Peyton wins, i would not feel as bad. Because if the colts made the playoffs. Thats a HUGE win for us and a statement. Were back, be afraid.

This topic probably on the verge of being locked if it keeps going on as a argument. I'd say drop the arguing over this fanhood thing. That being said. i would want the Colts to win, and feel bad for Peyton. He deserves a few more SB's, even at the expense of the colts. But if Peyton wins, i would not feel as bad. Because if the colts made the playoffs. Thats a HUGE win for us and a statement. Were back, be afraid.

What argument?