Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Colts/Broncos make the playoffs?

bap1331

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about 'who's a better fan'? I was interested in where FX's loyalties lie. You are 100% entitled to your choices. It now helps me when replying to any of your posts, now I understand you are a Peyton fan first, Colts second.

It's kind of a sad thing to see. Living in Fort Wayne, we are in a melting pot of fans, Colts have a slight edge, then the Bears right behind them, with the Packers at 3rd(some bandwagon, some Wisconsin transfers, some before the Colts), then a large Steeler following, and Lions(alot of Detroit transfers here). I really got on the Packer's fans on how they handled Favre's departure, many acted as if the world ended, even though I thought Rogers was a solid replacement. But no matter how reluctant they were to embrace Rogers, they never stopped being Packers fans first. I didn't see one Packers fan root for Favre over the Packers, not even buying a Favre Jets jersey. I think this is pretty comparable, since Favre's departure was somewhat similar to Manning's. But I have seen several people wearing Manning's new Bronco jersey and it's kind of sickening.

It's one thing to want Manning to do well with the Broncos, I think that is fine, but rooting for him over the Colts is inexcuseable. I like the Bears and the Niners outside of the Colts, but under no circumstance would I root for either team over them. Heck when the Bears/Colts played in the SB I threw something at the tv when Hester ran it back, and forgot I wasn't at home, the whole room looked at me. The Colts are first and anyone else is a distant second at best.

Well now we will find out who the real Colts fans are, and in the past many other fanbases have questioned us. Fans like us will have to prove them wrong. We will have to prove that this fanbase isn't just a bunch of bandwagoners and that we are the real deal and we are not going anywhere!

It's kind of a sad thing to see. Living in Fort Wayne, we are in a melting pot of fans, Colts have a slight edge, then the Bears right behind them, with the Packers at 3rd(some bandwagon, some Wisconsin transfers, some before the Colts), then a large Steeler following, and Lions(alot of Detroit transfers here). I really got on the Packer's fans on how they handled Favre's departure, many acted as if the world ended, even though I thought Rogers was a solid replacement. But no matter how reluctant they were to embrace Rogers, they never stopped being Packers fans first. I didn't see one Packers fan root for Favre over the Packers, not even buying a Favre Jets jersey. I think this is pretty comparable, since Favre's departure was somewhat similar to Manning's. But I have seen several people wearing Manning's new Bronco jersey and it's kind of sickening.

It's one thing to want Manning to do well with the Broncos, I think that is fine, but rooting for him over the Colts is inexcuseable. I like the Bears and the Niners outside of the Colts, but under no circumstance would I root for either team over them. Heck when the Bears/Colts played in the SB I threw something at the tv when Hester ran it back, and forgot I wasn't at home, the whole room looked at me. The Colts are first and anyone else is a distant second at best.

Well now we will find out who the real Colts fans are, and in the past many other fanbases have questioned us. Fans like us will have to prove them wrong. We will have to prove that this fanbase isn't just a bunch of bandwagoners and that we are the real deal and we are not going anywhere!

I try not to judge other fans . . . it seldom puts anyone in a good light to try to determine what qualifies anyone to be what we think they should be, after all it is only our viewpoint and they have their own. Who's to say one is better than the other and I have not walked in their life.

I welcome all to cheer, yell and jump up and down with me when our team is on the field. That is what matters to me. :)