Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Junior Seau Dead

coltsfanmilyman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he fell asleep?

Thats what he claimed after the fact but many suspected the truth was a suicide attempt as he was arrested for domestic violence just prior to this. Now that this has happened, I'd say it's probable that the cliff incident was an impulsive attempt at suicide. Either way, this sucks. Sad day for the NFL.

It really is sad....I think a lot of these players find success and have such pressure to "be good role models" or have such a hard time dealing with the politics with life while in the spotlight and then have to adapt to it out of the spotlight. I almost feel like many of these celebrities deal with two lives...the life of fame and the life after fame. It's like many who end up in prison and then have to acclimate to life after serving their sentence (longer sentences usually).

Very SAD indeed...God bless his family and all of us fans who (even though have no personal connection to any of these players) are affected because we are all human.

God Bless!

So sad! :(. Sad that he could not get help in time. He was so young! I just watched NFL live his poor mom. It was just painful to watch her and her heartache. My prayers and thoughts are with her and his rest of his family and friends and with the Chargers. May he rest in peace. RIP Junior you will be missed.

My condolences to Jr.'s family,especially for his Mom. I saw a clip and naturally she was devastated. It brought back recent feelings(which haven't left and never will) for my Momma who I lost on March 15.

God Bless her and Jesus please have mercy on his soul.

I'm not saddened by this. The man had 3 children, and a family who are now going thru heck. My sympathy is with his children and family.

Now let's roll out the carpet on former players demanding more medical compensation because as they get older there bodies give out.....

Sad day for football fans. Always felt bad for this guy because he was a great player but was never able to win the Super Bowl, I think he got there with the 07 Pats but they lost.

Now I am no officer or anything but I am just not sure about it being investigated as a suicide and he shoots himself in the chest. Unless maybe it is in the heart region. Most people trying to commit suicide would go for the head but that is neither here nor there.

RIP Seau, you were a great player and will be missed.

I empathize with the family. My oldest brother chose to go this route, strangely enough, two years ago today. It's tough on the family, especially the parents. It's certainly hard to understand what someone must be going through to choose this path.

Sad the guy didnt reach out and get the help he obviously needed! Suicide is much worse on everyone he will leave behind than it was on him ... really sad!

That's exactly what I was thinking after I saw his Mother today. She will never get over this and for that I'm sorry he didn't reach out for help. Evidently Suicide victims only think of their own problems and not their loved ones they are leaving behind hurting and wondering why. RIP Junior My thoughts and prayers to his Mother and other loved ones.

I empathize with the family. My oldest brother chose to go this route, strangely enough, two years ago today. It's tough on the family, especially the parents. It's certainly hard to understand what someone must be going through to choose this path.

Well said. I am so sorry about you're brother. I had an good friend about 16 years ago, this past Feb in Feb of 1996! She took her own life, she was only 13 years old just shy of her 14th birthday. Her dad found her hanging in their barn. 16 years later there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. Wonder what she would be today? Like her younger sister she is now a mother of 3 and happily married, their younger brother graduated from Highschool about a year ago or 2 years ago! He was only 6 when his oldest sister died. The second to oldest was 2 years younger then she was.I know the heartache that her parents went through and her siblings. Years later her younger sister finally went to some counseling, she could not get past the death of her oldest sister and the way that she died. Like Junior if he did take his own life. There was not a suicide note with my friend either. We still don't know why and probably will never know why. She was just an happy go lucky kind of girl. Always had the biggest smile on her face, always loved to laugh. The last time I saw her was in December of 1995. Never knew that 2 months later she would be gone. We became friends in 4-h, we both showed beef cattle along with her younger sister. I still talk to her younger sister to this day.

Man, they just showed the clip of his mother being interviewed. It's one of the most heart-wrenching and saddest things you can see. Thoughts and prayers go to his family

yeah, I'm not sure they should be playing that clip or not. On one hand, she seemed to want to come out and give a statement, but it also feels like they are taking advantage of her emotional state.

I'm not saddened by this. The man had 3 children, and a family who are now going thru heck. My sympathy is with his children and family.

Divorce is described by professional psychiatrists as being as traumatic as the death of a family member. Do not pretend to know what occurs in a mans mind when such things occur. Every situation is different, every person is different.

Having been through a sudden divorce that I didn't see coming, I know the long lasting pain and crippling effects this can have on a man.

I understand how people get to the edge of that precipice. In such a state, a person can contrive bizarre reasoning such as 'the kids would be better off without me' etc....

Its tuff to take no matter who it is,its in the limelight on a high profile person like this.Over the years ive had 3 classmates and freinds do this,its just a total waste,and something you never get over or understand.

Divorce is described by professional psychiatrists as being as traumatic as the death of a family member. Do not pretend to know what occurs in a mans mind when such things occur. Every situation is different, every person is different.

I didn't pretend to know what was going thru his head. Frankly the only thing I care about in all of this is the ringer his family is going to be put thru. Case in point, his mother in possibly her darkest hour, being put all over the news for the world to see. I could care less about Seau, I grieve for the fatherless children, the heart broken mother, and his friends and family having to spend the rest of there days with the burden of wondering what it was they said or did or didn't say or didn't do.

That's exactly what I was thinking after I saw his Mother today. She will never get over this and for that I'm sorry he didn't reach out for help. Evidently Suicide victims only think of their own problems and not their loved ones they are leaving behind hurting and wondering why. RIP Junior My thoughts and prayers to his Mother and other loved ones.

I didn't pretend to know what was going thru his head. Frankly the only thing I care about in all of this is the ringer his family is going to be put thru. Case in point, his mother in possibly her darkest hour, being put all over the news for the world to see. I could care less about Seau, I grieve for the fatherless children, the heart broken mother, and his friends and family having to spend the rest of there days with the burden of wondering what it was they said or did or didn't say or didn't do.

Yeah....I feel bad for him but there is anger at him, too.

...... at what he did to his mom...

He tried to kill himself before..he drove his car off a cliff and survived....

Certainly he had problems and like Dave Duerseon..he may have had terminal head injuries...

But you cant do that to your mother...

His mother can never recover...........he killed part of her, too.

So selfish

That was disturbing to watch, to say the least.

ruk..

I would not have aired that. Would you?

I know news-wise its a tough call...but it was on tape..you had a choice

I'd have probably been fired but

I'd have simply not aired his mom suffering at the death scene.

Its tuff to take no matter who it is,its in the limelight on a high profile person like this.Over the years ive had 3 classmates and freinds do this,its just a total waste,and something you never get over or understand.

I agree Jay. Suicide is never an answer to any problem, but some people have a really hard time expressing their anxieties publicly & they bury their fears down deep inside their psyche until they often bubble to the surface with heartbreaking results. Junior Seau must have been in a great deal of pain & anguish. A strong circular base of family & friends cannot be underestimated or taken for granted these days.

ruk..

I would not have aired that. Would you?

I know news-wise its a tough call...but it was on tape..you had a choice

I'd have probably been fired but

I'd have simply not aired his mom suffering at the death scene.

pffft.....the media doesn't have the scruples to care about that. They would've been ecstatic if she had a heart attack right there on the spot and they got the close up of her heaving chest.

They make me sick. That poor woman was so distraught she was blabbering nonsensically. I thought it was tasteless of the police spokesman to stand there, in front of the death scene at his makeshift podium, with all the family and friends wailing in the background, informing the media of what details he had.

I agree Jay. Suicide is never an answer to any problem, but some people have a really hard time expressing their anxieties publicly & they bury their fears down deep inside their psyche until they often bubble to the surface with heartbreaking results. Junior Seau must have been in a great deal of pain & anguish. A strong circular base of family & friends cannot be underestimated or taken for granted these days.

It sounds to me like Junior had a strong base of friends and family. That's part of what makes this so sad. I think he struggled with separation from the game of football that was the focus of his life up to a few years ago, and was never good at showing anyone his troubles.

Marcellus Wiley had an interesting comment about how Junior was great at helping others when they were hurt and needed treatment, but players NEVER saw Junior working with the PT staff. He always did his rehabbing privately, and didn't want anyone to see him at anything less than 100%. While heroic, and impressive in its own way, sometimes you just have to let people in. I imagine his private demons grew too large to handle on his own, and he didn't know how to (or want to) ask for help.

Seau was a very impressive player, and from the sounds of it, a very good man. I despised him because he played for the Chargers and Patriots, but I confess to feeling choked up about this senseless loss.