Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

COLTS "Kicking Tires" on Leonard Fournette

nyyankeechris

Goodson and Sermon are experienced. Me personally I'm good with calling up Evan Hull if Sermon can't go. I honestly think Hull should be the #2 back but Goodson has some nice runs last year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m not sure what upside he provides over Hull. Hull is younger, and it hasn’t looked like Fournette had much tread left on the tires the last few times we’ve seen him. 

Fournette is pretty much a goal line guy at this point. Playing him any other way is a mistake. 

19 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m not sure what upside he provides over Hull. Hull is younger, and it hasn’t looked like Fournette had much tread left on the tires the last few times we’ve seen him. 

I'm guessing the coaches saw what Hull brings to the table and decided he was a PS squad guy.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing the coaches saw what Hull brings to the table and decided he was a PS squad guy.  

What incredibly deep analysis this is. 

Did you come up with this all on your own, or did someone help you?

• Like 1

Fournette takes a lot of contact and rarely fumbles. He was playoff Lenny in the 2020 Covid season SB for Brady and the Bucs winning season. He has good hands out of the backfield. That 4th and 1 Goodson drop vs Texans last year, Fournette rarely drops that, at least I haven’t seen him drop that. He’s also been a good pass protector.

But RB explosion and longevity have low life cycles. There has to be enough upside with what he brings to the table, since the downside is he doesn’t have the same explosion in the open field as he used to and can’t play special teams as a No. 4 RB. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Sermon is injured and worse than they originally thought it seems.

Sincerely doubt that. 

A far more likely scenario is they are just doing their homework to see what is out there in the event it becomes necessary. 

Based on nothing more than a hunch, Taylor, Sermon and Goodson will be active on Sunday. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Sincerely doubt that. 

A far more likely scenario is they are just doing their homework to see what is out there in the event it becomes necessary. 

Based on nothing more than a hunch, Taylor, Sermon and Goodson will be active on Sunday. 

Just what I read.

10 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Wished we coulda kept moss somehow….but with this being Taylor’s team it’s hard to keep a top notch dude to backup Taylor.

Moss was signed to Cincy for 2 years 8M

Not a bad contract for him at 4M per year.

If JT were to miss a few games, my confidence would have been high with Moss

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Fournette takes a lot of contact and rarely fumbles. He was playoff Lenny in the 2020 Covid season SB for Brady and the Bucs winning season. He has good hands out of the backfield. That 4th and 1 Goodson drop vs Texans last year, Fournette rarely drops that, at least I haven’t seen him drop that. He’s also been a good pass protector.

But RB explosion and longevity have low life cycles. There has to be enough upside with what he brings to the table, since the downside is he doesn’t have the same explosion in the open field as he used to and can’t play special teams as a No. 4 RB. 

He's also a proven pass catcher and blocker. I am not sure a player like that exists on the Colts roster right now, once Hull went down. Fournette could be a good 3D back.

• Like 1

I think at this point Fournette is a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy. He'd give you a solid 3rd down back that can catch out of the backfield, get you some short tough yards, and is a great pass protector. He's not a game wrecker, but he'd be fantastic depth if we need it.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Neither of the Colts back up backs exactly inspire confidence from me so I am fine with this.

Same here, normally I rarely say anything bad about our players and I am very optimistic. I am not sure why some in here think Sermon and Goodson are good. They have never done anything to show me that and neither are Moss. Some think Taylor can just be replaced easily if he gets injured which is insane.

56 minutes ago, Shive said:

I think at this point Fournette is a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy. He'd give you a solid 3rd down back that can catch out of the backfield, get you some short tough yards, and is a great pass protector. He's not a game wrecker, but he'd be fantastic depth if we need it.

Playing behind our OL I think he would be a good addition.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, John Waylon said:

What incredibly deep analysis this is. 

Did you come up with this all on your own, or did someone help you?

Thanks.   I had paid an AI company to compile all of your posts and come up with a post you could understand.   It cost me a few bucks,  but I didn't want to cause you anymore confusion on what was already obvious 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Thanks.   I had paid an AI company to compile all of your posts and come up with a post you could understand.   It cost me a few bucks,  but I didn't want to cause you anymore confusion on what was already obvious 

Well at least you finally found a purpose in life. 

You’re welcome. 

Or something. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2024 at 11:41 AM, nyyankeechris said:

Just read that Colts brought in Fournette for a meeting.  Would you sign him in fear of a inexperienced backfield beyond Taylor?  Your thoughts....

Are Darrel Green and Darrell Revis available lol??

• Like 1