Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierce... UNCHECK!! Finally...

Indeee

33 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Running so many go routes and now it's time for them to pay off. 

Downs has disappeared. 

Richardson will be good with Pierce, and yes Pittman is finally proving himself. He is a stud.

Yeah he has and it’s killed my fantasy team 

33 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Richardson will be good with Pierce, and yes Pittman is finally proving himself. He is a stud.

None of our WR´s are top 15 in the league, so IT is a huge need.

Richardson... well, no one know´s how he will do in his second Rookie season (this one don't count due to injurie) 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Richardson... well, no one know´s how he will do in his second Rookie season (this one don't count due to injurie) 

Well while I agree we need to look for an upgrade at WR ,

pittman is 4th in receptions, 7th in yards and 5 overall according to nfl dot com. Now he drops way down the list in terms of TDs so it depends on what stats you wish to look at. 

regardless, I’d like to see a more dynamic WR opposite of him

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Pittman is 4th in receptions and 12th in yards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

We could always use a dynamic WR.. just depends who is on the board.

Exactly!!! If anything, the smoke screen that we need a WR might get us a trade possibility with a playoff team like the Chiefs or Bengals (assuming Higgins leaves) if there’s a good one that falls into the late teens where we would be drafting, IMO.

The only X factor would be Brock Bowers. Dalton Kincaid, in a deep TE draft, went to a playoff team, the Bills. If Bowers is sitting at No.18 or 19 (say) where we pick, by some miracle, pull the trigger there. A playmaker TE plus Downs and Pittman with AP, watch our offense get 25-30 most game days consistently.

If Pittman is re-signed, yes, it does make our options be a wider net in the draft. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joeb said:

Maybe Reggie Wayne's work with him is paying off.

He was running open a lot. You just saw what happened when they actually decided to make an effort to get him the ball, and took their shots when they had a chance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

In addition to what Pierce did catch, he was also open for the TD in the endzone and Minshew overthrew him.   Minshew again missed him down the sideline for another potential TD when he was wide, wide open.  Dude was open all day.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Running so many go routes and now it's time for them to pay off. 

Downs has disappeared. 

Isn’t Downs hurt? As far as Pierce, I thought the criticism was unwarranted. He hasn’t had great QBs throwing to him. Great game today though and I thought I heard an announcer say Pierce was a big key in Granson’s long catch.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Isn’t Downs hurt? As far as Pierce, I thought the criticism was unwarranted. He hasn’t had great QBs throwing to him. Great game today though and I thought I heard an announcer say Pierce was a big key in Granson’s long catch.

I just saw the highlights, but there was a colts receiver running deep in the middle with 3 defenders. Probably him.

2 hours ago, #12. said:

In addition to what Pierce did catch, he was also open for the TD in the endzone and Minshew overthrew him.   Minshew again missed him down the sideline for another potential TD when he was wide, wide open.  Dude was open all day.

I believe Ryan said no one has run more “go” routes than Pierce this year.  For whatever reason Colts QBs haven’t pulled the trigger on them until today.  Hopefully we see more of it.  A pass or two down the field a game is going to do wonders to open up the rest of the offense.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

He’s been banged up but I also think teams are focusing more on him because he’s made a name for himself.  

6 hours ago, strt182 said:

Hmm wheres his doubters now? what a play !!!

It’s one game against arguably the worst secondary in the league.

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Hopefully they finally give him more looks.   He has been running open a lot this year.   Great game kid

It’s hard for me to believe because anyone else who has been open (Downs and Pittman) seem to get the ball. 

3 hours ago, Mick J. said:

Doubtful the Colts draft a WR early in the 2024 draft. Pittman is having his best year and Downs looks like a solid WR2 to go along with a Pierce improving.  The WR room don't look to bad IMO. 

That all depends on if Pittman is back. It is not uncommon in the NFL for players to over-perform in a contract year. Also just a few weeks ago, when JT’s status with the team in the future was up in the air, reports are that Ballard was asking for guys like Jaylen Waddle and Christian Watson in return. I think he is looking for a true 1. 

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

One good game and everyone is ready to call Pierce the second coming of Randy Moss lol. Yea Pierce had a good game, but I would like to see more CONSISTENCY from him before I hop on the hype train.

I see more people giving him credit for a good game than calling him the second coming of Randy Moss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

One good game and everyone is ready to call Pierce the second coming of Randy Moss lol. Yea Pierce had a good game, but I would like to see more CONSISTENCY from him before I hop on the hype train.

Who said anything about Moss?  The only thing that's been said is that's he's been open a lot and can stretch the field,  and today he had a great game.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Mick J. said:

Doubtful the Colts draft a WR early in the 2024 draft. Pittman is having his best year and Downs looks like a solid WR2 to go along with an Pierce improving.  The WR room don't look to bad IMO. 

If a tyreek hill like wr is sitting  there in the first take him.while I agree that Pittman has been great at recs we need another wr with speed that will score 10 plus tds a year

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I wish we did have a randy moss or tyreek hill like talent paired with Richardson  arm. That be unstoppable 

he has a strong arm, but we haven’t seen if he has deep accuracy or the ability to read the defenses. Hopefully he has a full year next year and developers all that.

Imo, Pierce was no different in his play this game or game 1. The only difference is they threw him the ball. As has been pointed out numerous times, he's been open, but for whatever reason, he's not getting the ball. 

As to why he got it this time, I can only assume the coaching staff emphasized it more pointedly or Minshew had some kind of epiphany either in his confidence in his arm or the fact that Pierce can catch the ball. 

3 hours ago, husker61 said:

he has a strong arm, but we haven’t seen if he has deep accuracy or the ability to read the defenses. Hopefully he has a full year next year and developers all that.

Wasn't his deep ball accuracy in college better then his midrange? Matter of fact I think his deep ball accuracy was better then Stroud, Young and Levis.