Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: If Colts beat Patriots BB could be gone

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Would love to see Bill Belichick move on - regardless of when that is.

Interesting stat:  Belichick's W-L record is BELOW .500 without Tom Brady.

This season is the stinkiest season of the past few - and - I have heard a few of his former players call for him to resign - rather than be fired.

The "trade rumor" just blew me away.

I wouldn't think that a 72 year old head coach is ready for a team that would need a "complete rebuild".

As both a fan - and - friend of Coach Don Shula - my fingers are crossed that Belichick "rides off in to the sunset".

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It gets more clear everyday Brady was the reason they won. McDaniels and bill have done nothing without Brady.

1) I have a hard time believing they let him go mid season. He’s done too much for them to do that. If he does leave at mid-season, I think it will be at his choosing. 

2) I think it far too simple to say these last few years were due to Brady and McDaniels not being there.  

BB to me is the greatest NFL coach of all time and I say as someone who hates him. 

• Like 4

A guy that was part of 6 SBs for you, I have to think Kraft would at least give him the courtesy of finishing the season, unless like that rumor said the Commanders give up a 2nd rounder or something for him. 

However, I would not mind the Colts be the match that lights the fire of Belichick being fired at the end of the season. :) 

29 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

1) I have a hard time believing they let him go mid season. He’s done too much for them to do that. If he does leave at mid-season, I think it will be at his choosing. 

2) I think it far too simple to say these last few years were due to Brady and McDaniels not being there.  

BB to me is the greatest NFL coach of all time and I say as someone who hates him. 

To your last sentence, that is tough to argue because he has won 6 SB's but without Brady he is 27-32 and hasn't won a playoff game. I could throw 4 other names in a debate that were arguably better:

Shula - Has the most wins in NFL History + has led the only team to an undefeated season. The 72 Dolphins went 17-0. Shula won 2 SB's with the Dolphins (72 and 73) and went to another in 1984 with them, he had Dan Marino but no run game or Defense in 84.

Walsh - Won 3 SB's with the 49ers during the 80's and invented the West Coast offense.

Gibbs - He won a SB with 3 different QB's that aren't even Hall of Famers (1982, 1987, 1991). 3 SB wins with Theismann, Williams, and Rypien lol. Gibbs has a strong argument to being the GOAT, he had no Montana, Brady, or Peyton - not even close and still won 3. 

Lombardi - 5 Championships, won the 1st 2 SB's. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To your last sentence, that is tough to argue because he has won 6 SB's but without Brady he is 27-32 and hasn't won a playoff game. I could throw 3 other names in a debate that were arguably better:

Shula - Has the most wins in NFL History + has led the only team to an undefeated season. The 72 Dolphins went 17-0. Shula won 2 SB's with the Dolphins (72 and 73) and went to another in 1984 with them, he had Dan Marino but no run game or Defense in 84.

Walsh - Won 3 SB's with the 49ers during the 80's and invented the West Coast offense.

Gibbs - He won a SB with 3 different QB's that aren't even Hall of Famers (1982, 1987, 1991). 3 SB wins with Theismann, Williams, and Rypien lol. Gibbs has a strong argument to being the GOAT, he had no Montana, Brady, or Peyton - not even close and still won 3. 

I forgot Lombardi lmao . He won 5 Championships and the 1st 2 SB's.

You know, I swear I can see the meeting between Bob and Bill in my head now… Bill would be begging for any team but the Colts or the Jets.  “Come on, Bob, I’ll drop the next one and you can do it then. But please not the Colts or the Jets… please… Bob I don’t ever say ‘please’ and I’ve said it twice now… please, Bob, please!”

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

You know, I swear I can see the meeting between Bob and Bill in my head now… Bill would be begging for any team but the Colts or the Jets.  “Come on, Bob, I’ll drop the next one and you can do it then. But please not the Colts or the Jets… please… Bob I don’t ever say ‘please’ and I’ve said it twice now… please, Bob, please!”

Ah the Jets getting revenge would be pretty sweet too. 

57 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It gets more clear everyday Brady was the reason they won. McDaniels and bill have done nothing without Brady.

Stop it. It’s always been clear you need a QB.

And let’s not act like Brady went to the Browns or Lions to win more superbowl…he went to an already loaded team.

Give BB Stroud and I doubt this conversation is happening.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Stop it. It’s always been clear you need a QB.

And let’s not act like Brady went to the Browns or Lions to win more superbowl…he went to an already loaded team.

Give BB Stroud and I doubt this conversation is happening.

The failures mounted once BB became GM too, IMO. BB should have stayed in his lane to be HC/DC all the time and not be the GM for stockpiling talent. The drafts have been downright mediocre for the Patriots, coasting based on past laurels.

He had his D and special teams ready while Brady and McDaniels together took care of the offense. The roles were intact and once a certain side had to compensate for the other, the imbalance, like with any other team turned them to a mediocre to a putrid team at times. In year 1 of Mac Jones, when McDaniels was still there, they played good balanced football and managed to be a playoff team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

The failures mounted once BB became GM too, IMO. BB should have stayed in his lane to be HC/DC all the time and not be the GM for stockpiling talent. The drafts have been downright mediocre for the Patriots, coasting based on past laurels.

I agree, he isn’t a great GM. I also think it’s the only reason he may get fired. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It might look like that in later years, but  Brady wouldn't exist without Belichick and Charlie Weis.  Had he gone elsewhere, he might have been out of the league in three years.  In their early Super Bowls, Brady succeeded in going on a few dink and dunk drives for FGs at the end of games, but they weren't winning primarily because of Brady.  They were winning because Belichick could clamp down on Kurt Warner and Manning when no one else could, like he did on Kelly and the Bills in the Super Bowl as Giants DC.  Charlie Weis also contributed some masterful play calling in the early years, making Brady look better than he was at the time.

I said in another thread that I wasn't as invested in this rivalry since Tawm shipped off to Florida BUT if this happened, well I couldn't stop myself from LOL for a few hours. I'm not that uninterested, this man denied 18 at least ONE additional SB in Indy.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To your last sentence, that is tough to argue because he has won 6 SB's but without Brady he is 27-32 and hasn't won a playoff game. I could throw 4 other names in a debate that were arguably better:

Lombardi - 5 Championships, won the 1st 2 SB's. 

Really not interested in a debate on who the best coach of all time is. It’s mindless to me because there is no right or wrong answer. A case can be wellargued for several. 

I know the history and record of all you mentioned. I am old enough to have seen them all Coach except for Lombardi. My own opinion BB is the best.  All had bad seasons and all needed good players to win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Really not interested in a debate on who the best coach of all time is. It’s mindless to me because there is no right or wrong answer. A case can be wellargued for several. 

I know the history and record of all you mentioned. I am old enough to have seen them all Coach except for Lombardi. My own opinion BB is the best.  All had bad seasons and all needed good players to win. 

Thats a really fair argument to be honest. The debate for who’s the best in anything will always be subjective. But it’s fun to speculate, which is why people continue to do it. 

We as humans also tend to look over the horizon for the “next best”. 

I would bet money BB will not be fired in season. No way no how. You can argue the BB or TB dilemma all day long, truthfully I don’t think TB would have become the success he was without BB, and vice versa.

BB will be coaching the pats till the end of the year easy money. After the year that could be a different story but even then I put the odds of him leaving after this year via any route at a small 10-15% chance.

• Like 1

Rumor is that also Kraft really wants Vrabel as the next HC. Some titans radio people think it could be a trade of two 1st round picks for Vrabel but I think that’s ridiculous. Titans would be the luckiest franchise to get a return like that. Vrabel has some major flaws as I watch all their games living in Nashville. 

Bill's problem now is LOFT on his roster, and a bad QB.

He waived our best Db in 2017, they were that loaded, that Kenny couldn't even land on their practice squad.

Have no idea what the mojo was they had going on those years, but if their starting RB went down, they could pick up a guy working at a convenience store on the way to the game and he'd run for a buck fifty in the game that day.

• Like 1