Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: If Colts beat Patriots BB could be gone

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Colts are the only team in the NFL to score 20 or more points in every game this year. They have the best running back combo in football but NE is good against the run. Hopefully Indy will show no penalties and win the game. I think it is nonsense to think hoody will be given his walking papers.

PS: Stay sober tonight and set your alarms for early Sunday AM.

I'm not extremely invested this year anymore, but I want to beat the Pats and get Belichick fired. If there is any truth to this rumor, it would be our personal SB to beat the Pats and get Belichick fired. That would be a personal win for us that I think all Colts fans could enjoy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not extremely invested this year anymore, but I want to beat the Pats and get Belichick fired. If there is any truth to this rumor, it would be our personal SB to beat the Pats and get Belichick fired. That would be a personal win for us that I think all Colts fans could enjoy.

BB isn't getting fired mid season.   The guy has 6 superbowl wins and 8 appearances.  Never gonna happen

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You will love one of the poll questions in the game thread. @AKBsuggested it. I think I know how you will vote. haha

The game thread is open since the game is tomorrow at 9:30AM ET.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

BB isn't getting fired mid season.   The guy has 6 superbowl wins and 8 appearances.  Never gonna happen

I'll give you one reason why he may get fired. Josh McDaniels. He was the Offensive Coordinator for years in NE and the heir apparent to take over for Belichick. Now that McDaniels is a FA essentially, he can be signed by the Pats for free to take over for Belichick if they choose to fire him. 

I could be dead wrong here, but I know Kraft likes McDaniels, and he knows the players very well. They've also lost other coaches like Vrabel that could have taken over if Belichick was fired or retired. Plus, the simple fact of Belichick losing to the Colts in Germany on national TV could be enough to push Kraft over the edge. Your reputation can only carry you so far before you get fired. Belichick is a bad GM and now he's becoming a bad coach without Brady. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll give you one reason why he may get fired. Josh McDaniels. He was the Offensive Coordinator for years in NE and the heir apparent to take over for Belichick. Now that McDaniels is a FA essentially, he can be signed by the Pats for free to take over for Belichick if they choose to fire him. 

I could be dead wrong here, but I know Kraft likes McDaniels, and he knows the players very well. They've also lost other coaches like Vrabel that could have taken over if Belichick was fired or retired. Plus, the simple fact of Belichick losing to the Colts in Germany on national TV could be enough to push Kraft over the edge. Your reputation can only carry you so far before you get fired. Belichick is a bad GM and now he's becoming a bad coach without Brady. 

That  dog don’t hunt. For many reasons not the least of which is that McDaniels will never be a head coach in the league again. No matter how much Kraft May like him. 

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

That  dog don’t hunt. For many reasons not the least of which is that McDaniels will never be a head coach in the league again. No matter how much Kraft May like him. 

Yeah… I don’t think Kraft likes him that much anyways. He watches what happens around the league. I don’t like Kraft one bit, but he’s not a fool. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 9:31 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, even before the SB era, Lombardi won 3 NFL Championships. After seeing how BB is doing without Brady, I would probably rank Lombardi #1. I personally think Joe Gibbs is a genius. Winning 3 SB's with Theismann, then Williams, then Rypien is amazing. 3 QB's that aren't even close to being Hall of Famers and he was doing that in the 80's and 90's going up against coaches like Shula, Walsh, Parcells, and Ditka. Not to mention Landry who was a great coach up until around 1987.

I think it is a very lazy narrative to say Brady was the reason and not Bill for winning those championships. Bill won three when Brady was a game manager. If u look at when Brady put up star war numbers, they won nothing. Now people point to Tampa and I wasn't shocked Brady won with that team. All they needed was a qb and were pretty stacked. Brady made sure to pick a very good team to sign with. People seem to forget that Brady's last season was a disaster with a bad team, but he put up good numbers. People also seem to forget that Bill made the playoffs with Jones as a rookie. Jones is an absolute disaster and is a shell of who he was as a rookie. I don't care how great a coach u r.  You are not winning in this league without a qb. People also forget that Bill has lost tons of coordinators through the years. I just think it has finally caught up to him.  I think u give him a team with a very good qb, and he is challenging again.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

For what it’s worth….

Dan Orlovsky is reporting that BB and Kraft have already agreed to let BB finish the season and Bill will then step down. 

Also….

Bill already has another job lined up ready to go.  

Either way,  this will be a story to watch….

Edited by NFLfan
Changed "Irsay" to "Kraft"

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….

Dan Orlovsky is reporting that BB and Irsay have already agreed to let BB finish the season and Bill will then step down. 

Also….

I think if Irsay had any say in that he should’ve had BB fired a long time and spared us all a lot of heartache. haha

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….

Dan Orlovsky is reporting that BB and Irsay have already agreed to let BB finish the season and Bill will then step down. 

Also….

Not sure if Irsay has any say in it lol. He probably would pull the plug lol. haha 

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think it is a very lazy narrative to say Brady was the reason and not Bill for winning those championships. Bill won three when Brady was a game manager. If u look at when Brady put up star war numbers, they won nothing. Now people point to Tampa and I wasn't shocked Brady won with that team. All they needed was a qb and were pretty stacked. Brady made sure to pick a very good team to sign with. People seem to forget that Brady's last season was a disaster with a bad team, but he put up good numbers. People also seem to forget that Bill made the playoffs with Jones as a rookie. Jones is an absolute disaster and is a shell of who he was as a rookie. I don't care how great a coach u r.  You are not winning in this league without a qb. People also forget that Bill has lost tons of coordinators through the years. I just think it has finally caught up to him.  I think u give him a team with a very good qb, and he is challenging again.

Plus, the Bucs are still a formidable team now even after Brady. I mean Baker Mayfield is playing some of his best ball with those guys. 

It’s not like when Manning left and the Broncos immediately collapsed. 

37 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What good coach has not?

You’re right,  all of them have.   

But no one has lost more than Belichick.   The topic of his top coordinators and assistants leaving and never being as successful as they were with Bill is a discussion point in the NFL.   It’s not with any other head coach. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….

Dan Orlovsky is reporting that BB and Kraft have already agreed to let BB finish the season and Bill will then step down. 

Also….

I could see Chicago. Get their qb and LT in the same draft. Set for years.  He would take Maye and probably ly the LT from Penn

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I could see Chicago. Get their qb and LT in the same draft. Set for years.  He would take Maye and probably ly the LT from Penn

Gonna have to win with defense in Chicago. It's Illegal for them to have a good Qb.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re right,  all of them have.   

But no one has lost more than Belichick.   The topic of his top coordinators and assistants leaving and never being as successful as they were with Bill is a discussion point in the NFL.   It’s not with any other head coach. 

McVay has lost many in his short head coaching career. Belichick has been around forever. Of course, he will lose assistants. Before him it was Bill Walsh and Parcells and others.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Take a look back . Every year he lost someone. They all failed but teams kept poaching them.

Check out McVay. He has lost several. Sirianni has not been a head coach long and he has lost assistants on both sides of the ball. He may lose at least one coordiantor this offseason too. Has he been a head coach even 20% of the time that BB has been head coach?

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Check out McVay. He has lost several. Sirianni has not been a head coach long and he has lost assistants on both sides of the ball. He may lose at least one coordiantor this offseason too. Has he been a head coach even 20% of the time that BB has been head coach?

Not going down this road. 

On 11/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

To think Josh can replace Bill is funny stuff! Aliens are invading!! lol JK

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Never said Bill had nothing to do with it, he even gave Brady a chance to play in the league. Having said that, imo Brady had more to do with them winning Championships than Bill did. Brady even won in Tampa Bay. I would say Brady 70%, Bill 30%. Most people had it at 50/50. I don't agree with that all after what I have seen the last 4 years.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never said Bill had nothing to do with it, he even gave Brady a chance to play in the league. Having said that, imo Brady had more to do with them winning Championships than Bill did. Brady even won in Tampa Bay. I would say Brady 70%, Bill 30%. Most people had it at 50/50. I don't agree with that all after what I have seen the last 4 years.

These debates are always funny because just because you think 1 guy was more responsible for winning, some think you think the other guy wasn't great. Belichick is a top 5 Coach of all-time so I would think that would tell anyone I think highly of him. 

Just like in basketball, I have Jordan and Magic rated higher than Lebron all-time and some think I think Lebron sucks. It's comical. Rate someone 3rd out of thousands and people actually get offended. 

This is a Belichick thread, I have him 5th all-time.

1. Vince Lombardi - 3 NFL Championships, won the 1st 2 SBs. 5 overall.

2. Joe Gibbs - won SB with 3 different QBs. That is an amazing feat!

3. Don Shula - only unbeaten season in 1972 to win the SB. Most wins in NFL history.

4. Bill Walsh - invented the West Coast Offense. Won 3 SBs.

5. Bill Belichick - won 6 SBs, but like I said without Brady I have a hard time believing he wins 6. I can see 3 or so with another very good-great QB. 6, I doubt it. They definitely don't beat the Falcons without Brady.

That is my list.

Where as, I have Tom Brady clearly the GOAT when it comes to QBs. Montana is #2, and Peyton is 3rd.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is a Belichick thread, I have him 5th all-time.

1. Vince Lombardi - 3 NFL Championships, won the 1st 2 SBs. 5 overall.

2. Joe Gibbs - won SB with 3 different QBs. That is an amazing feat!

3. Don Shula - only unbeaten season in 1972 to win the SB. Most wins in NFL history.

4. Bill Walsh - invented the West Coast Offense. Won 3 SBs.

5. Bill Belichick - won 6 SBs, but like I said without Brady I have a hard time believing he wins 6. I can see 3 or so with another very good-great QB. 6, I doubt it. They definitely don't beat the Falcons without Brady.

That is my list.

Where as, I have Tom Brady clearly the GOAT when it comes to QBs. Montana is #2, and Peyton is 3rd.

Excellent post.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

That TB team was VERY talented.  People act like Brady left the Pats and went to the Bears 

Yeah, like that defense wasn't elite, the offense wasn't loaded, and there wasn't any phantom PI calls to allow the advance in the playoffs in the first place.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wonder if its another head coaching job.  He is retirement age and has been for a while now.  He could walk away with a great legacy now, going somewhere else and struggling might effect things.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Excellent post.  

I thought it was haha . Regarding coaches and QB's, It is all subjective. If someone wants to put BB 1st, I wouldn't argue it. He has won the most SB's but to have the guy 5th all-time and someone get their panties in a bunch over it, is extremely comical. The difference between 1-5 is small.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Yeah, like that defense wasn't elite, the offense wasn't loaded, and there wasn't any phantom PI calls to allow the advance in the playoffs in the first place.

Tampa was very talented but let's not act like they were as talented as the Pats. They weren't. The 2003/2004 Pats and the 2016 Pats would manhandle that Tampa Bay team. Brady we even better then, than he was in 2020 with the Bucs but he still found a way. They won it all because Brady was still great and brought leadership to that team. I can say Peyton went to a Denver team that had a dominant defense, that is why he won. Without Peyton, they don't win though IMO. The 2006 Colts were better than the 2015 Broncos. Peyton was a lot better and our offense was unstoppable. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Is he fired yet? Asking for a friend?

No, IMO he won't be until the season ends. The guy won 6 SB's, I doubt Kraft has the balls to do it now. He shouldn't, he should let him finish out the season. That would be disrespectful to arguably the greatest to do it. The Pats could easily start over next season by drafting a QB in this rich QB class with a new coach though. 

4 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

I wonder if its another head coaching job.  He is retirement age and has been for a while now.  He could walk away with a great legacy now, going somewhere else and struggling might effect things.

Yes….   It would be a head coaching job.   Sorry I wasn’t more clear.   He’s not going back to being a DC. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s not going back to being a DC. 

I wouldnt expect that but was thinking maybe an office job or something.  I guess if he wants to keep coaching at 72 a team with an opening would probably take him.  Especially a defensive minded front office

Well - we are NOW at Wednesday evening of the Patriots bye week - and - no word from the Patriots front office as to Belichick's future - or - lack thereof.

IF he's going to be fired - I'd guesstimate that that should happen in the next day - two at the latest.

An "interim coach" will need time to prepare a game plan for the week 12 opponent BEFORE the team returns to practice.