Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flowers done for season

IndyEric07

8 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

That's too bad, he was playing pretty good ball. Should be back next season.

Just before that I think he showed really good closing speed on a ball to the boundary.  We had a roomful.  When they showed the replay we were immediately all like he’s done When a guy goes down like he’s been shot with no one around it’s usually a season ending type of deal

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Ton of Achilles injuries this season. 

I wonder if it's the artificial turf ?

I think it might be over training.  Ruptures do appear to be increasing.  It be interested to know if that’s factual.

one thing is certain though these guys put more pressure on this body part than nature intended.

• Like 1

This really sucks.  He was quietly playing really well.

6 hours ago, bestQBever said:

Secondary is absolutely scuffed right now. We need Jaylon Jones to come in lol. Ballard and the staff were super high on him, let him play now.

He’s the one who came in when Flowers got hurt Sunday.

9 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Ton of Achilles injuries this season. 

I wonder if it's the artificial turf ?

Duuude I was thinking the same thing! 

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

I think it might be over training.  Ruptures do appear to be increasing.  It be interested to know if that’s factual.

one thing is certain though these guys put more pressure on this body part than nature intended.

Hasn’t the league reduced practice time?

Sure is weird though right!

1 hour ago, Jack86 said:

Duuude I was thinking the same thing! 

Hasn’t the league reduced practice time?

Sure is weird though right!

I’m talking work out techniques.  High intensity training is probably leading to tendinitis which makes the Achilles more likely to rupture.

Football practices aren’t the junction boys style any more.  These athletes body and conditioning work is done in the gym.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

This really sucks.  He was quietly playing really well.

He’s the one who came in when Flowers got hurt Sunday.

Baker was a healthy scratch for the game, he will at least be on the bench and rotating in now I would have thought.

Jaylon will get a shot to show what he can do though. If he can play well enough, I would imagine that he could keep Baker on the bench. Just a lot to ask of a late round rookie.

Unfortunate for Flowers, he was really starting to blossom!!!!!

Next man up…..

Jaylon Jones. He and Brents on the boundary and Moore in the slot.

They just released that Darren Hall kid from the practice squad so I would bet they sign two DB’s this week. One to the active roster and one to the PS!

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 2:43 PM, IndyEric07 said:

Ruptured Achilles according to 93.5 the fan radio! Sry dont have a link.

Very unfortunate, I wonder who the sign to come in and add depth. Greedy is available, could also bring rush back if they sign him off of the Chiefs PS. 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/10/3/23902216/gus-bradley-plans-to-rotate-secondary-flowers-suffers-achilles-tear

Gus Bradley plans to rotate secondary

...Los Angeles converted 27 first downs, second-most behind San Francisco (30) in Week 4. Rams rookie receiver Puka Nacua cooked the Colts with nine receptions on 10 targets for 163 receiving yards and the game-winning touchdown in OT.

The Colts’ secondary had a critical lapse of miscommunication on the final play of Sunday’s loss as Kenny Moore II signaled rookie cornerback Juju Brents to roll with Nacua’s route post-snap, but it was too late. Stafford found Nacua wide open for a 22-yard touchdown to secure a walk-off 29-23 victory on the road. Nacua accounted for six of the Rams’ 10 longest plays from the Week 4 victory and seven of his nine catches were against zone coverage...

...During Tuesday’s coordinator zoom meeting, defensive coordinator Gus Bradley mentioned Darrell Baker Jr. and rookie seventh-round draft pick Jaylon Jones will rotate as the third CB in Week 5 against Tennessee...

... With the indefinite loss of Flowers, Bradley has not ruled out the option to move Moore back outside the numbers.

“I think you will see Kenny (Moore II) playing both still,” Bradley said. “He will play inside and he will play outside.”