danlhart87

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a big time pick.

Brents could be a monster in the league

Wrote this a few days ago:

He’s 6’3” with 34 inch arms and and had fantastic testing at the combine

He’s played in both man and zone schemes during his stints at Iowa and KState.

Ball skills are great, he’s aggressive at the catch, knows how to move his feet in zone, and is a very willing run defender.

Add more physicality and reps to his press-man ability, get his hips to be fluid in motion, and I think he’s got a chance to be an absolute stud in the league.

Just now, colts89 said:

I don't know nothing this year because of obsessing with the QBs, but hopefully this guy is good!

We got a lot of picks in the mid rounds for some OL depth as well.

We definitely need some OL depth, as well as depth at DT, CB, LB, and WR. 

Ballard truly  is the RAS king. I think Kent Lee Platte(founder of the RAS) needs an official spot on our scouting/FO staff :D 

But seriously, seems like a solid pick that fits what both Ballard and Gus like - big(6'3, 200), long(34" arms), physical corner with explosiveness and athleticism. Not as great linear speed, but his agility is excellent. Had good ball production too... 

I was a big fan of his at Iowa. Great freshman year.  He was injured his second year. I was disappointed when he entered the portal during his third year. Iowa has been putting a lot of DB’s in the NFL so he was having trouble immediately cracking the starting lineup when he returned from his injury.  I was happy with his success at KSU. He’s definitely a better zone corner. 

19 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Walk Out Steve Austin GIF by WWE

Steve Austin Cmt GIF by Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge

3 minutes ago, ColtV said:

agree. realistically the team isn't carrying 11 rookies so using one or twoof these 5ths to move up(or send 2 5ths for a 4th) makes sense

Ballard typically trades down a couple times per draft but usually trades back up into the late second or early third too

30 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

So happy with this pick 

Sell me on him, besides being a RAS Lord, what else does he bring

1 minute ago, unvrsty07 said:

4th and 5th? I thought I saw 5th and 7th. A 4th is fantastic. O-Line with that pick? 

Yep 4&5

The picture of Keion being * was a delayed pic from the TV before he was selected.  They updated the pic later and he was being congratulated.

The original twit who tweeted it with adverse comment didn't know what he was talking about.

Archived