Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please read this. It can be moved, if need be, but it's important

Indeee

As we all are aware, this month of October is breast cancer awareness month. What I'm about to disclose is not intended for a personal heartfelt condolence towards myself but a heartfelt plea to each of you who read this.

In Oct 2021 (oh the irony), my partner, my girl of 18.5 years was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic triple neg breast cancer when a mass appeared from nowhere above her left breast directly under her collarbone.

On June 22nd of this year, 8 months later, she lost her fight. 4 different types of treatments were tried. 3 intravenously and 1 pill aka Lynparza. Nothing worked. In the end the cancer that started in her left breast, took her brain, abdomen, lungs, bones, and her life. Tracy was 45 years old and a mother of 3.

I realize that Tracy nor I are the only people to have ever experienced this. I realize that many have, and unfortunately many more will at some point. Some stories will be happy, some will be sad. 

Ours was sad and it was absolutely the worst I have ever experienced as a human on this earth. Not just because it ravaged someone, I loved but that I personally realized it's devastation firsthand. From start to stop.

For years when this month of October had come and passed, it did so as a cliche to me. Selfish and unaware on my part I know, shame on me, but then it entered my life and that cliche became terrifyingly real.

I beg you all to please make sure your loved, your cherished, are regularly screened and checked. Your wives, your mothers, your girlfriends, and daughters. As much as we may disagree on here and rib one another, I would never wish what my girl or I went through on anyone ever. Hopefully you will never experience this in any fashion and if you have my heart bleeds for you.

Please, please, please. Catching it early really could make a huge difference. 

-Peace

4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

As we all are aware, this month of October is breast cancer awareness month. What I'm about to disclose is not intended for a personal heartfelt condolence towards myself but a heartfelt plea to each of you who read this.

In Oct 2021 (oh the irony), my partner, my girl of 18.5 years was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic triple neg breast cancer when a mass appeared from nowhere above her left breast directly under her collarbone.

On June 22nd of this year, 8 months later, she lost her fight. 4 different types of treatments were tried. 3 intravenously and 1 pill aka Lynparza. Nothing worked. In the end the cancer that started in her left breast, took her brain, abdomen, lungs, bones, and her life. Tracy was 45 years old and a mother of 3.

I realize that Tracy nor I are the only people to have ever experienced this. I realize that many have, and unfortunately many more will at some point. Some stories will be happy, some will be sad. 

Ours was sad and it was absolutely the worst I have ever experienced as a human on this earth. Not just because it ravaged someone, I loved but that I personally realized it's devastation firsthand. From start to stop.

For years when this month of October had come and passed, it did so as a cliche to me. Selfish and unaware on my part I know, shame on me, but then it entered my life and that cliche became terrifyingly real.

I beg you all to please make sure your loved, your cherished, are regularly screened and checked. Your wives, your mothers, your girlfriends, and daughters. As much as we may disagree on here and rib one another, I would never wish what my girl or I went through on anyone ever. Hopefully you will never experience this in any fashion and if you have my heart bleeds for you.

-Peace

That sucks, sorry to hear your story. Football is just a game but life is real. I almost feel bad now arguing with you over a damn game. Hang in there.

8 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. I truly am. My ex stepfather battled esophageal cancer years ago, and he was lucky enough to beat it. I hope you can find some sort of peace during this difficult time for you and your family.

Yeah this subject hits home with me because of my father.

28 minutes ago, Indeee said:

-Peace

Cancer is one of those things that affects us all. I think we all have either lost someone to it or known someone who had it. Both of my parents have had multiple cancer scares. We have been very fortunate to catch them early.

I really respect you taking a moment to encourage other people to get screened. Its the best defense against the disease. If you catch it early you have a better chance to be successful. And I cant echo your statements enough. GET CHECKED! Take care of yourselves. Eat well and exercise daily. Manage stress. 

Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss.

@Indeee I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Thank you for this important reminder.  People get busy and put things off.  They should not

In particular, young people who get symptoms tend to disregard them  This happened with my daughter.  Luckily, she recovered. Now she hounds all of us all the time.  EVERYTHING gets checked out.

@IndyD4U My brother in law is fighting stage 4 colon cancer.  The chemo was so brutal.  Then surgery.  So far, I am amazed at what the doctors have been able to do.  He hasn't got all his stamina back but, he's getting there.

We all enjoyed this today

Hang in there. I always try and take a moment of silence and reflect on the love I have for my friends and family, and to let them know it. One day we will all be faced with a moment like this to those who are very close to us. It’s worth it to say I love you. 

11 hours ago, Indeee said:

-Peace

So sorry for your loss.  I’ve had family members with it, and lost a 35 year old friend to it last year.  I can’t even imagine. It’s so important to get screened for breast cancer, as well as colon cancer and many others.  It’s not to be taken lightly.  Thanks for the wake-up call to all of us.

Sorry for your loss. CANCER SUCKS !!!! 

I lost my mom at the age of 51 back in 2014 and my grandmother earlier this year both to Lung Cancer. Both were Colts fans. 

Football is great entertainment but there are plenty things in life way more important. 

Thank you all for the kind words and stories shared. I truly hope your loved ones that have battled and won will either never face again or continue to conquer and be with you all for as long as possible. 

I'm glad my story was a positive for each of you. I know Tracy would've liked that. 

Originally, I didn't know if I should have shared, however I'm now glad that I did. 

Please feel free to resume viewing and treating me as an uninformed Colts clown fan... :funny:

-Peace 

57 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Thank you all for the kind words and stories shared. I truly hope your loved ones that have battled and won will either never face again or continue to conquer and be with you all for as long as possible. 

I'm glad my story was a positive for each of you. I know Tracy would've liked that. 

Originally, I didn't know if I should have shared, however I'm now glad that I did. 

Please feel free to resume viewing and treating me as an uninformed Colts clown fan... :funny:

-Peace 

Will Do Got You GIF by NETFLIX

Archived