Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Jax Post Game Thoughts (G2)

EastStreet

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, only BAD from this part of the world: 

One of the most embarrassing results in the history of this franchise given the context. 

First important piece of context:

The Jags are now 6-30 in their last 36 games. 4 of those wins have been against the Colts. Jags are a perennial bottom tier team drafting where you don’t want to draft almost every year.

Second important piece of context:

We’re suppose to have this “great” team with Pro Bowlers and All Pros, but the players don’t play to that level at all and the coaches aren’t maximising the talent they do have.

This is not acceptable. Enough is enough.

Irsay needs to act fast. This never should have been allowed to go on, but Irsay can still do the right thing by TERMINATING Reich’s contract immediately. 

He hasn’t done so before - but this is the time to do it. 

And before people say: “Changing head coach in season won’t accomplish anything positive”. Well, I’ve seen my other favourite sports teams do this and “save” their season. So that simply isn’t true. You CAN still salvage the season.

As far as Ballard is concerned. I’d still like to keep him, but he is not the genius GM a lot proclaims. 

He is very good and has hit on some amazing players through his evaluation skills (and yes... a lot of teams would probably hire him if he was fired by the Colts), but he truly needs to do some self evaluation. Especially as it pertains to the WR position and the valuation of premium positions in today’s NFL. 

“I like our group” is what he said about the WR position, which was a questionable statement before the season began and now bordering on delusion.

And don’t give me this: “But the Bills will surely beat the Titans, Denver will surely beat the Texans, so the Colts are really only one game behind the division leaders. No NeEd To OvErReAcT!11”

This must stop. Now.

• Nadine locked this topic
  • Shive unlocked this topic

Good: 

Bad: 

• JT didn't get going. Colts will not win many games without a strong performance from him.
  • Offensive line was bad. Ryan was pressured and hit all day. 
  • Receivers didn't get open. 
  • Defense. Run defense was fine for the most part but rush and coverage was not good. 

That was so hard to watch I just had to turn off the game at the end there. 

Frank, if you're reading this, look at your boy Doug, that is how you call plays. I doubt he gets fired this early in the season but at the very least take this guys ability to call plays away. Our oline can't pass block and Frank refuses to give our tackles help when they struggle. Oh, and guess what? We need help at WR. 

Our pass defense is a joke. Any QB has been able to have their way w our defense for years now. We can't rush the passer or cover opposing WRs. 

I fully expect us to be a main topic in the media this week. Commentators are going to clown us all week long. This game was an absolute joke. I couldn't help but laugh at the end.

Frank, if you're reading this, that is how you call plays. I doubt he gets fired this early in the season but at the very least take away this guys ability to call the plays on O. Our Oline cannot pass block. Oh, and guess what? We need help at WR.

Any QB has been able to torch our defense for the past few years. It's embarrassing and very hard to watch.

I fully expect our team to be the laughing stock in the media all week. Expect to get crowned by commentators left and right. This is really bad. 

Just now, Flash7 said:

So....then you're not gonna watch? Just kidding. Maybe there will 1 or 2 highlights per game.

yeah it’s the same % different season. They will play up to competition and down to competition and tbh I’m not sure the team has it in them to respect their Hc any longer. 

Ballard messed this up so badly. In a league that values QB's, WR's, Pass Rush and LT, he has failed to find Lucks replacement. Failed to find AC's replacement. Failed to provide even mediocre pass rush. Has gone absolutely complete dummy on the WR position. 

He instead has most of the money tied up in none premium positions like G and LB. The highest paid Oline in the league that is average. Our 3 best players are none premium positions. G, RB and LB. Just backwards. This isnt 1985. 

Dont even get me started on Frank.. both he and Ballard IMO are done here. Its time to start over to avoid 5 more years of mediocrety. 

On a side note posters who cant handle people who critisize the team, go after there fandome for it, then get butt hurt when there is a little back and forth should step away from the keyboard.

• Good
    • NOTHING lol
  • Bad
    • bye bye Frank... terrible prep, terrible game plan, terrible personnel usage, terrible play calling
    • Patmon at Z, instead of Parris... wut
    • Hines centerpiece??? .. wut
    • Interesting to see snap counts... just silly stuff
    • OL.... another bad week from Smith... 
      • Fire the OL coach... bring back DeGuglielmo
    • Guessing bad grades again for Moore and Blackmon too
    • DL.... 0 sacks... 
  • LOL.... 
    • Irsay.... Ryan 0/3, and a 34ish PR.... Wentz (still playing) 3/1 and 100+ PR...   ------ BLAME WENTZ
      • honestly, blame Reich for Ryan's bad game. horrible position for him. 

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ballard messed this up so badly. In a league that values QB's, WR's, Pass Rush and LT, he has failed to find Lucks replacement. Failed to find AC's replacement. Failed to provide even mediocre pass rush. Has gone absolutely complete dummy on the WR position. 

He instead has most of the money tied up in none premium positions like G and LB. The highest paid Oline in the league that is average. Our 3 best players are none premium positions. G, RB and LB. Just backwards. This isnt 1985. 

Dont even get me started on Frank.. both he and Ballard IMO are done here. Its time to start over to avoid 5 more years of mediocrety. 

On a side note posters who cant handle people who critisize the team, go after there fandome for it, then get butt hurt when there is a little back and forth should step away from the keyboard.

This 100%

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:
  • Good
    • NOTHING lol
  • Bad
    • bye bye Frank... terrible prep, terrible game plan, terrible personnel usage, terrible play calling
    • DL.... 0 sacks... 
  • LOL.... 
    • Irsay.... Ryan 0/3, and a 34ish PR.... Wentz (still playing) 3/1 and 100+ PR...   ------ BLAME WENTZ

Those grades you do after games should be funny.

Your zero key might stop working.. Lol

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:
  • Good
    • NOTHING lol
  • Bad
    • DL.... 0 sacks... 
  • LOL.... 

We still lose to Jags with Wentz

Good:

• The defensive line did a great job stopping the run and Stewart is a good player that people don't recognize enough.

Bad:

I don't want to get too much into the negatives much this week as I'm sure everyone else is doing that.

• Frank is building himself a nice coffin for his HC career. Ballard might be joining him as well.
  • Kenny Moore has been bad for a while and the Jags O essentially ran the same 4 plays over again to destroy Bradley's defense.
  • The OL was absolute garbage. The Jags DL always destroy them. They got their % together somewhat last season after a rough start, but that was mostly due to injuries. Not sure wth is happening this week, especially with Smith. Might as well let Raimann get all the LT snaps.
  •  Ryan is an average QB and he'll continue to be as such. He can't make much happen without good protection and excellent weapons out there. Missing Pittman hurt a ton.
  •  The backup WRs were the backup WRs. Nothing special and I hope Ballard can swallow his pride and admit that.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

2018 with Luck.

AC, TY, Ebron, then X Inman.

2022 with Ryan:

Pryor, nobody, nobody, and X Pittman (unless not playing).

'nuf said.......

I guess me and u were right ? Ballard has not constructed a good roster. Sucks bring right and get ready for the rebuild. Ballard needs to go.

Just now, coming on strong said:

i already know what its gonna be .   its early in the season we started 1-4  its the same excuse every year .

Eventually you’d think that these repeated instances would be indicative of a problem, but…

Nah, reich is a scheming genius and a good playcaller. 

Or something. I don’t even know anymore. 

Archived