Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Jax Post Game Thoughts (G2)

EastStreet

7 minutes ago, colts89 said:

They were going after the run and daring the Colts to pass on them. It also feels like Reich only calls draw plays for Taylor that the Jaguars never fall for.

Right......but that in itself is a sign of poor preparation and coaching, Taylor is recognised as one of the best RB in the league so they must realise that virtually every team is going to attempt to shut him down and dare us to pass, it should be accounted for weekly

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Embarrassing lol

Absolutely embarrassing!!

If we don't beat Chiefs next weekend. We really do need to think about rebuilding from players and high paid players and especially coaching and GM.

This start is embarrassing and unacceptable and I don't care if we our just fan's. Unacceptable!!!

Same ole crap every year. So great on paper but suck ball sacks on the field.. nonsense!!

Hope I'm not kicked from this site, but enough is enough.

Let everyone finish the season, then Irsay needs to rebuild.

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard is just as much to blame. When you mock fans and media saying your smarter and ignore obvious holes it’s his fault too.

I am no worshipper for Ballard. Folks lol'd me when I criticized Ballard for some things through years... 

But... 

It's hard (for me) to blame Ballard on several things....

Coaching? Obvious Frank is bad. IMO, Irsay is at least 50% on that hire... 

Did Ballard push for JB, Rivers, Wentz, etc.. probably no. Likely Reich. 

And I think Rivers and Wentz, neither were bad, but both were handcuffed by Reich's scheme. 

We don't know, in terms of who is pushing things... 

I'd prefer to see Ballard with another coach, and grade.

I think there's a lot of blame to go around. It's not just Frank even if he gets the lion's share.

The WR group had a chance to step up today and they just didn't. That can be playcalling/personel use and/or talent. As much as I dislike how Frank uses our guys, I'm starting to lean more toward it being a lack of talent. Our guys had almost no separation today.

The Oline was just horrible. Smith has had two absolutely terrible games now and Pryor looked bad as well today.

Ryan had a couple of really bad throws today. He needs to throw it away when there is noone open.

The defensive scheme is so depressing to watch. Yeah, we stop the run game, but the underneath routes are ALWAYS open. I think that's what's really keeping this Dline from getting sacks. When Lawrence can dump off the ball on a short route in 2 seconds tops they don't have a chance of getting to him.

Kenny was terrible.. again..

The ST didn't bungle it today, I think, that's plus I guess.

I don't see Frank fired during the season, it just won't change anything. It's only the 2nd game of the season - we can still turn it around. I do feel his seat is red hot right now, though, and anything less than a playoff spot sees him booted...

6 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

If we don't beat Chiefs next weekend. We really do need to think about rebuilding from players and high paid players and especially coaching and GM.

This start is embarrassing and unacceptable and I don't care if we our just fan's. Unacceptable!!!

Same ole crap every year. So great on paper but suck ball sacks on the field.. nonsense!!

I'm OK with firing some now. 

See if a leadership change makes any difference.

HC, and OL coach...... no reason to keep. 

22 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

In what parallel play calling world does Ryan throw the ball 30 times and Taylor carries 9! 

Chuck Pagano 2.0    coach fault Ol sucks from last year need fire Ol  coach get back other coach.. taylor  is mad as hell no running yards that coach's  fault not prepared for this game are the last game.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I'm OK with firing some now. 

See if a leadership change makes any difference.

HC, and OL coach...... no reason to keep. 

Most likely no GM firing until end of season. But they could fire Reich make fox interim head coach and see if he had more success with Ballard’s players. If not Ballard goes at the end of season. 

Sad thing is what good head coach would come here with no future QB. Unless colts had the first pick. 

Is Dodds better then Ballard or do they have same philosophy. You could fort Ballard and out Dodds in now and make fox coach.

27 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol

I think the 1st dose of that medicine should be for him to surrender the playcalling duties, and focus on coaching the entire team - Ballard (or Irsay) should insist upon it and if Frank offers up any resistance at all, he should be canned right then & there!

For all my cigar smoking The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I don't like what I am seeing with this team. It is early but we have major problems. I still like Matt Ryan better than Wentz but our O.Line looks MEH so far, and our defense looks like it did last year. I hate our D scheme, can't cover JACK. Our WR room is a mess. I wanted Pittman, Pierce, Beasly, TY, and Dulin before the season started. So yeah, as so-called MR. Positive, I have even expressed my displeasure's. Here is the deal with Frank, if Irsay cans him, who takes over? That is the issue. I am very disappointed in today. 

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Meanwhile, MIA just hung 41 points on BAL. 

That "bad" #4 pick Tua at QB now looks pretty good throwing to Waddle and Tyreek.

Yeah, the Dolphins definitely got better this off season!

On a side note, can someone tell me why NFL.com always blocks the gamestats right after the game? Also, you can't even see them anymore on their app, what's up with that?

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think there's a lot of blame to go around. It's not just Frank even if he's gets the lion's share.

The WR group had a chance to step up today and they just didn't. That can be playcalling/personel use and/or talent. As much as I dislike how Frank uses our guys, I'm starting to lean more toward it being a lack of talent. Our guys had almost no separation today.

The Oline was just horrible. Smith has had two absolutely terrible games now and Pryor looked bad as well today.

Ryan had a couple of really bad throws today. He needs to throw it away when there is noone open.

The defensive scheme is so depressing to watch. Yeah, we stop the run game, but the underneath routes are ALWAYS open. I think that's what's really keeping this Dline from getting sacks. When Lawrence can dump off the ball on a short route in 2 seconds tops they don't have a chance of getting to him.

Kenny was terrible.. again..

The ST didn't bungle it today, I think, that's plus I guess.

I don't see Frank fired during the season, it just won't change anything. It's only the 2nd game of the season - we can still turn it around. I do feel his seat is red hot right now, though, and anything less than a playoff spot sees him booted...

I disagree with the bolded.  Changing  up the HC gives you a chance to better evaluate the talent you have using a different philosophy.

If Frank is really just a bad play caller then swap him out and have someone else call plays.

Maybe he's just a bad motivator.  Change him out and see if we don't come out flat after he's gone.

If it's the personnel then the team will still perform in a similar manner and you know it's a talent issue and you get rid of Ballard after the season.

There's plenty you can do if you fire Frank now.  I think it's the correct thing to do.

Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I think the 1st dose of that medicine should be for him to surrender the playcalling duties

TO WHO!?  Our OC NEVER called plays on a NFL level.  People on this forum called me crazy when I said I don't think Reich hired an OC who has never called plays on purpose.  We're stuck with Reich calling plays.  No way our OC can get up to speed and no way we bring in someone just to do that without a full off-season.  This is it.  Unless Reich magically gets better within a week, we are going to SMOKED by the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Yeah, the Dolphins definitely got better this off season!

On a side note, can someone tell me why NFL.com always blocks the gamestats right after the game? Also, you can't even see them anymore on their app, what's up with that?

Would showing them now compromise the fantasy football league in some way?  I don't do FF, but would seeing them now compromise what somebody might do for a Monday Night pick?

Maybe they just want to get them correct before posting.

Just now, smittywerb said:

TO WHO!?  Our OC NEVER called plays on a NFL level.  People on this forum called me crazy when I said I don't think Reich hired an OC who has never called plays on purpose.  We're stuck with Reich calling plays.  No way our OC can get up to speed and no way we bring in someone just to do that without a full off-season.  This is it.  Unless Reich magically gets better within a week, we are going to SMOKED by the Chiefs.

The OC would be a good start, he's being paid to "coordinate the offense" and calling plays should be a part of that - he can't possibly be as stubborn & unimaginative as Frank has been for years and often times in sports, a different voice is needed to shake up & right the ship.

Fats talk about how this team of that team is bad. Its a new season after beign bad so many years with top draft picks these team that have been bad are BOUND to get better you would think. Its a new year everybody was at the same. 

Teams change personnel , coaches , schemes, ect.. No matter what things are on paper until you play the game  then you know how good that team is.   

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For all my cigar smoking The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I don't like what I am seeing with this team. It is early but we have major problems. I still like Matt Ryan better than Wentz but our O.Line looks MEH so far, and our defense looks like it did last year. I hate our D scheme, can't cover JACK. Our WR room is a mess. I wanted Pittman, Pierce, Beasly, TY, and Dulin before the season started. So yeah, as so-called MR. Positive, I have even expressed my displeasure's. Here is the deal with Frank, if Irsay cans him, who takes over? That is the issue. I am very disappointed in today. 

John Fox. And honestly what are you saving yourself from by keeping frank? 

24 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

I have some bad news for you, Mahomes has usually torched Gus Bradley in every matchup

20 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Right......but that in itself is a sign of poor preparation and coaching, Taylor is recognised as one of the best RB in the league so they must realise that virtually every team is going to attempt to shut him down and dare us to pass, it should be accounted for weekly

It's basic. They r going to attack the run. Honestly, people on this board know way more than me. However if teams keep attacking the run begging us to pass and we can't what is the issue? Is it the receivers can't get seperation? I actually think if u sat Wayne down he would tell u wat the problem is. I actually think Irsay may lean on him. Like sit aside and ask him what the real problem is. Are the receivers bad or is the play calling  that bad? One thing I have been saying for 3 years now. I think this Oline is seriously over rated. He gave Smith big money and he has done noting but suck since signing. LT is not the only problem. He cannot handle speed rushers.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I disagree with the bolded.  Changing  up the HC gives you a chance to better evaluate the talent you have using a different philosophy.

If Frank is really just a bad play caller then swap him out and have someone else call plays.

Maybe he's just a bad motivator.  Change him out and see if we don't come out flat after he's gone.

If it's the personnel then the team will still perform in a similar manner and you know it's a talent issue and you get rid of Ballard after the season.

There's plenty you can do if you fire Frank now.  I think it's the correct thing to do.

Just my opinion.

Oh he's DEFINITELY a bad motivator! Who preaches 1-0 when the Jags have beaten us ugly since forever at their place. He should've been fire and brimstone pregame and in the lockerroom at half time! Thing is, you can just hear his droning voice...

You just don't get to see the full effect of a different offensice philosophy midseason. It takes time to implement.

Also, a new HC will want influence on the other coaching staff, DC among others. Ballard wants Bradley. His scheme is what he has been chasing. What if a new HC disagrees?

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I am no worshipper for Ballard. Folks lol'd me when I criticized Ballard for some things through years... 

But... 

It's hard (for me) to blame Ballard on several things....

Coaching? Obvious Frank is bad. IMO, Irsay is at least 50% on that hire... 

Did Ballard push for JB, Rivers, Wentz, etc.. probably no. Likely Reich. 

And I think Rivers and Wentz, neither were bad, but both were handcuffed by Reich's scheme. 

We don't know, in terms of who is pushing things... 

I'd prefer to see Ballard with another coach, and grade.

Exactly. You don’t have all pro players at every level but WR and TE only to lose like we do. No it’s on Reich. 

all I know is this, if I’m Irsay and somehow Reich made it on the plane to return tonight, I’m handing him a parachute, opening the door, and sternum kicking him right out the plane. That, or change the locks to facility before Reich lands. Something. Reich needs to go. Period 

1 hour ago, James said:

Sorry, only BAD from this part of the world: 

One of the most embarrassing results in the history of this franchise given the context. 

First important piece of context:

The Jags are now 6-30 in their last 36 games. 4 of those wins have been against the Colts. Jags are a perennial bottom tier team drafting where you don’t want to draft almost every year.

Second important piece of context:

We’re suppose to have this “great” team with Pro Bowlers and All Pros, but the players don’t play to that level at all and the coaches aren’t maximising the talent they do have.

This is not acceptable. Enough is enough.

Irsay needs to act fast. This never should have been allowed to go on, but Irsay can still do the right thing by TERMINATING Reich’s contract immediately. 

He hasn’t done so before - but this is the time to do it. 

And before people say: “Changing head coach in season won’t accomplish anything positive”. Well, I’ve seen my other favourite sports teams do this and “save” their season. So that simply isn’t true. You CAN still salvage the season.

As far as Ballard is concerned. I’d still like to keep him, but he is not the genius GM a lot proclaims. 

He is very good and has hit on some amazing players through his evaluation skills (and yes... a lot of teams would probably hire him if he was fired by the Colts), but he truly needs to do some self evaluation. Especially as it pertains to the WR position and the valuation of premium positions in today’s NFL. 

“I like our group” is what he said about the WR position, which was a questionable statement before the season began and now bordering on delusion.

And don’t give me this: “But the Bills will surely beat the Titans, Denver will surely beat the Texans, so the Colts are really only one game behind the division leaders. No NeEd To OvErReAcT!11”

This must stop. Now.

Could not agree more. Reich should have been gone last offseason, and Ballard needs to stop being stubborn at the WR position. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Exactly. You don’t have all pro players at every level but WR and TE only to lose like we do. No it’s on Reich. 

all I know is this, if I’m Irsay and somehow Reich made it on the plane to return tonight, I’m handing him a parachute, opening the door, and sternum kicking him right out the plane. That, or change the locks to facility before Reich lands. Something. Reich needs to go. Period 

It’s everything. Ballard is arrogant and laughed and media and fans and left obvious holes at important positions.

Ryan should be benched he looks bad. This season is done. Just start Sam and see what we have.

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why cut Campbell... Frank didn't play him much. 

Why.... Patmon at Z, instead of Campbell (the purest type of Z on our roster)

And on the tweet... for context, 1.5 is enough. and Dulin has 0ish (?) but was 5/7. Zero issue with Dulin today. 

Granson was clueless. Horrible routes or he would have been targeted more. Guessing his grade will be 65+ due to 2/2, but his play was bad. 

We should have had

X-Strachan

Slot - Dulin (and rotating with Coutee) 

Z - Campbell

Never felt that Strachan and/or Parris were part of the game plan.

It’s pretty sad when part of our discussions are what players need to play what positions; that speaks volumes about how bad the coaching is.

Archived