Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Jax Post Game Thoughts (G2)

EastStreet

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fire Strausser

Put Kelley, and Campbell in a trade package, maybe with Moore.(need a CB with a pick) Bears might bite on this because of Moore.

Pinter at C, Smith RG, Pryor RT, Raimann LT.

Sign TY(we got alot of 1st and 2nd down WRs, need 3rd down WR) Keep Coutee on roster, flip Patmon and Strachan

Frank gives up play calling.

Or Fire Sale!

1.  I still don’t think Frank is getting fired.  It’s not because he doesn’t deserve it after this it’s that it’s week 2 and I don’t think Irsay is going to throw the towel in on the season after week 2.  With that said his job and Ballard’s jobs have to be 100% on the line now.  This was a complete and total embarrassment and worse than the game last year to end the season.  Doug Pederson coached circles around not just Reich but somehow made Reich not the worst coach on the Colts staff today.  That was Gus Bradley.  Now if Frank does get fired I am not going to be shocked because yeah he deserves it.

2.  Why in the world was Matt Ryan still in there taking those hits the last few drives?  That was just dumb.

3.  Ballard’s plan for the young WRs has officially failed.  Look at this:

Cut Patmon and Campbell and bring TY back.  Yeah TY isn’t what he once was and isn’t going to be of much help but he’s better than this.  These guys just can’t get open to save their lives.  The only ones that showed you anything were Dulin showed some flashes from what I expect from depth WR and Strachan shows some flashes.  

4.  Everyone not named Stewart on defense needs to walk home.

5.  My fears for this game were proven true early.  The Colts lacked any emotion and the Jags came in with all kinds of confidence and the Colts did NOTHING to knock it out of them.  

6.  The Pryor era has to end.  Get Raimann in and at least let him learn.  Yeah he’s going to have some growing pains as a rookie but I’d rather have that with a guy with some promise than what Pryor is trying.  

7.  I am also starting to see other signs of bad coaching, too many penalties and turnovers.  Those go on the coach.  

8.  The Colts have invested way too much money in both of their lines for them to be this bad.  This defense can’t get a pass rush to save its life outside of a couple of series from Paye.  The o-line was just owned today.  

Ugly ugly and embarrassing day.  Some how worse than last year.  I question this teams heart and a lot of other things too.  This is going to sound crazy at first but understand I am not talking about going for it on 4th down I am talking about other things.  I think Frank is too conservative.  Holds guys out until they are perfectly healthy rather than maybe letting them play a week or two sooner, canceling practice on Friday because they had hard practices Wednesday and Thursday, not being ready to play, alway just doing what you do regardless of what the other team is doing.  Pederson looked like a guy who knew exactly what Reich was going to do and was ready for it and the Colts did nothing to throw him off the game.  You’d expect that from a guy who used to be another ones assistant but the former assistant has to have something to break what head coach knows is coming and I saw none of that from Frank today.

Ugly and nothing can be defended from today so I am not going to try.  Again, I don’t think Frank gets fired tomorrow just because it’s week 2.  I am in the camp of he deserves it and Ballard’s job is probably on the line too so I won’t be shocked if Frank does go.  So don’t mistake that as me saying Frank should keep his job.  I am just going to see what the next 24 hours holds.  

2 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Fire Strausser

Put Kelley, and Campbell in a trade package, maybe with Moore.(need a CB with a pick) Bears might bite on this because of Moore.

Pinter at C, Smith RG, Pryor RT, Raimann LT.

Sign TY(we got alot of 1st and 2nd down WRs, need 3rd down WR) Keep Coutee on roster, flip Patmon and Strachan

Frank gives up play calling.

Or Fire Sale!

it looks like we are gonna be getting a top 5 pick i would trade everyone and rebuild .  we can get a bunch of 1st and second picks for buckner leonard nelson .   have the other teams take on the cap numbers and rebuild the right way

Ballard has handed out brutal extensions. Buckner might be the most overrated player in the NFL. Braden Smith stinks. Kenny Moore stinks. 

We have arguably the worst receiving corp in the NFL. 

Reich doesn’t have even the slightest idea what he is doing. After this one I think Irsay might fire him.

Frank should absolutely be embarrassed, we are running dated schemes and philosophies. How do you invest what we are investing in the oline & dline but get no pressure and can’t block for at all. The most disappointing thing about this lost if the stuff that we all knew was problems coming into this season which was addressed has cost us. We all knew LT was and issue, kicker , play calling , lack of play makers at TE and Wr , Ballard try to sell us on these Wr and Hines being dynamic like we all have eyes out side of Pittman and Taylor we don’t have any one else tbh. We knew we need a vet at Wr no let’s play guys who are undrafted and 6th & 7th round picks. 2 games that should have been layups we got dominated. Look at our schedule I’m hard pressed to find the wins. Looks like we gonna be rebuilding with a high round QB after this year 

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol

chuck 2.0  he is better at making excuses than preparing for a game

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Ballard has handed out brutal extensions. Buckner might be the most overrated player in the NFL. Braden Smith stinks. Kenny Moore stinks. 

We have arguably the worst receiving corp in the NFL. 

Reich doesn’t have even the slightest idea what he is doing. After this one I think Irsay might fire him.

that is what i have been saying non stop buckner is no where to be found most of the games .  i turned on rams games and donald is flashing off the screen in every play so is simmons on the titans . 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Ryan did not play well today. Is it his fault? Probably not. 

lets be honest though ryan was never a elite QB i put him on the same level as a eli manning without playoff success .   he was never gonna save the team .   we have structural flaws and bad roster design our gm does not fill premium positions and waste 20 million on guards and right tackles . 

I cant remember what quarter it was because I blacked out for awhile today........but there was a play where the Jags got EJ Speed trying to cover Christian Kirk across the field and I couldnt help but wonder when the last time we saw Reich scheme up something like that? I mean these two teams run very similar offenses, right? I dont know if I have ever seen it honestly. I would like to think Parris could beat a LB on that same route.

It just seems like he doesnt put his players in the best position to succeed, which is his biggest job as a HC.

37 minutes ago, James said:

Sorry, only BAD from this part of the world: 

One of the most embarrassing results in the history of this franchise given the context. 

First important piece of context:

The Jags are now 6-30 in their last 36 games. 4 of those wins have been against the Colts. Jags are a perennial bottom tier team drafting where you don’t want to draft almost every year.

Second important piece of context:

We’re suppose to have this “great” team with Pro Bowlers and All Pros, but the players don’t play to that level at all and the coaches aren’t maximising the talent they do have.

This is not acceptable. Enough is enough.

Irsay needs to act fast. This never should have been allowed to go on, but Irsay can still do the right thing by TERMINATING Reich’s contract immediately. 

He hasn’t done so before - but this is the time to do it. 

And before people say: “Changing head coach in season won’t accomplish anything positive”. Well, I’ve seen my other favourite sports teams do this and “save” their season. So that simply isn’t true. You CAN still salvage the season.

As far as Ballard is concerned. I’d still like to keep him, but he is not the genius GM a lot proclaims. 

He is very good and has hit on some amazing players through his evaluation skills (and yes... a lot of teams would probably hire him if he was fired by the Colts), but he truly needs to do some self evaluation. Especially as it pertains to the WR position and the valuation of premium positions in today’s NFL. 

“I like our group” is what he said about the WR position, which was a questionable statement before the season began and now bordering on delusion.

And don’t give me this: “But the Bills will surely beat the Titans, Denver will surely beat the Texans, so the Colts are really only one game behind the division leaders. No NeEd To OvErReAcT!11”

This must stop. Now.

well said

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

3.  Ballard’s plan for the young WRs has officially failed.  Look at this:

Cut Patmon and Campbell and bring TY back.  Yeah TY isn’t what he once was and isn’t going to be of much help but he’s better than this.  These guys just can’t get open to save their lives.  The only ones that showed you anything were Dulin showed some flashes from what I expect from depth WR and Strachan shows some flashes.  

Why cut Campbell... Frank didn't play him much. 

Why.... Patmon at Z, instead of Campbell (the purest type of Z on our roster)

And on the tweet... for context, 1.5 is enough. and Dulin has 0ish (?) but was 5/7. Zero issue with Dulin today. 

Granson was clueless. Horrible routes or he would have been targeted more. Guessing his grade will be 65+ due to 2/2, but his play was bad. 

We should have had

X-Strachan

Slot - Dulin (and rotating with Coutee) 

Z - Campbell

Never felt that Strachan and/or Parris were part of the game plan.

5 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

This season is lost, again! Fire Frank and Chris and start the fire sale!!!!

this might be the best option if the colts end up 0-5 after playing the chiefs titans broncos and jags again .   we can trade nelson leonard , smith and buckner and rebuild .  its been 6 years of ballard and going into the 4th year without luck at some point you cant keep blaming luck and hiding ballard from being blamed

26 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Here's the only one I can think of......they got crap show in Jax out-of the way in week 2 instead of the end of the year with the playoffs in the line.

the jags are going to kick our you know whats at our house this year they should have beaten us at our house last year

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I guess me and u were right ? Ballard has not constructed a good roster. Sucks bring right and get ready for the rebuild. Ballard needs to go.

Meanwhile, MIA just hung 41 points on BAL. 

That "bad" #4 pick Tua at QB now looks pretty good throwing to Waddle and Tyreek.

9 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

In what parallel play calling world does Ryan throw the ball 30 times and Taylor carries 9! 

They were going after the run and daring the Colts to pass on them. It also feels like Reich only calls draw plays for Taylor that the Jaguars never fall for.

4 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I cant remember what quarter it was because I blacked out for awhile today........but there was a play where the Jags got EJ Speed trying to cover Christian Kirk across the field and I couldnt help but wonder when the last time we saw Reich scheme up something like that? I mean these two teams run very similar offenses, right? I dont know if I have ever seen it honestly. I would like to think Parris could beat a LB on that same route.

It just seems like he doesnt put his players in the best position to succeed, which is his biggest job as a HC.

That’s because Gus. He’s lousy. 

42 minutes ago, James said:

Sorry, only BAD from this part of the world: 

One of the most embarrassing results in the history of this franchise given the context. 

First important piece of context:

The Jags are now 6-30 in their last 36 games. 4 of those wins have been against the Colts. Jags are a perennial bottom tier team drafting where you don’t want to draft almost every year.

Second important piece of context:

We’re suppose to have this “great” team with Pro Bowlers and All Pros, but the players don’t play to that level at all and the coaches aren’t maximising the talent they do have.

This is not acceptable. Enough is enough.

Irsay needs to act fast. This never should have been allowed to go on, but Irsay can still do the right thing by TERMINATING Reich’s contract immediately. 

He hasn’t done so before - but this is the time to do it. 

And before people say: “Changing head coach in season won’t accomplish anything positive”. Well, I’ve seen my other favourite sports teams do this and “save” their season. So that simply isn’t true. You CAN still salvage the season.

As far as Ballard is concerned. I’d still like to keep him, but he is not the genius GM a lot proclaims. 

He is very good and has hit on some amazing players through his evaluation skills (and yes... a lot of teams would probably hire him if he was fired by the Colts), but he truly needs to do some self evaluation. Especially as it pertains to the WR position and the valuation of premium positions in today’s NFL. 

“I like our group” is what he said about the WR position, which was a questionable statement before the season began and now bordering on delusion.

And don’t give me this: “But the Bills will surely beat the Titans, Denver will surely beat the Texans, so the Colts are really only one game behind the division leaders. No NeEd To OvErReAcT!11”

This must stop. Now.

john fox  better coach rest of the season.

14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

chuck 2.0  he is better at making excuses than preparing for a game

that is what i have been saying non stop buckner is no where to be found most of the games .  i turned on rams games and donald is flashing off the screen in every play so is simmons on the titans . 

Buckner was real good his first year with us. He was constantly getting pressures and some sacks. He’s been a ghost since 

Maybe I’m in the minority. Aside from Edge rusher and CB, I think the roster is good enough to compete. Is doesn’t excuse Ballard for not being able to find answers at LT, Edge, and QB, but a better coach would have won that game.

I agree with whoever said Frank has lost the lockeroom. The Colts we saw today were the same ones we saw last year against the Jags at the end of the season. 

Chris Ballard is 41-41-1. Average. And his arrogance makes him a tough guy to root for, in my opinion. He acts like fans are stupid for questioning the WRs. Jax overpaid for Gear according to Ballard’s team-building philosophy but he was a difference maker today. He acts like fans are stupid for questioning why you bring in an old QB and no proven LT. He never zips it about the importance of the trenches but we apparently stink in the trenches. The debacle with McDaniels, hiring Frank, patching the QB position year after year … I could go on but you guys already know all this. 41-41-1. 

Archived