Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-season, Saturday 8/13 vs. Bills - what do you want to see?

Solid84

So this may be a little early, but I wanted to put it out there so we could do a pre-game/post-game thing. 

What do you hope to see from ours guys vs. the Bills?
What do you expect to see?

What do you want to see?

I hope we get to see a good number of plays from our 1st-teamers, even from Ryan. I feel we haven’t been ready for game 1 of the regular season for quite a few seasons now, and giving them some actual game time before the regular season will do them good. 

I expect it to be not-perfect or even close. We have a new QB, new LT and a new defensive scheme and these pre-season games will do a lot for us to figure out what needs to be worked on. 

I would really like to see Woods and Ogletree in-game and hope they get a good number of reps. 
I would like to see the full 1st team Dline play at least a few snaps together - so excited for this. 

• Like 2

I think Matt Ryan, Hines, and Pittman will play the 1st series. Foles will probably play the rest of the 1st half after Ryan takes a seat. Sam will play in the 2nd half. I don't see JT playing at all, we may see Pierce and Campbell for a half (whole 1st half). I don't see Gilmore or Buckner playing at all on the defensive side. 2 Vets that have been all-pro's and are older, so I don't see it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Matt Ryan, Hines, and Pittman will play the 1st series. Foles will probably play the rest of the 1st half after Ryan takes a seat. Sam will play in the 2nd half. I don't see JT playing at all, we may see Pierce and Campbell for a half (whole 1st half). I don't see Gilmore or Buckner playing at all on the defensive side. 2 Vets that have been all-pro's and are older, so I don't see it.

I think almost everybody will play at some point during the pre-season. 
Ryan and WRs, TEs and RBs need to establish chemistry. Defense has a new scheme. 

I would like to see if RB Phillip Lindsey can return to form in a new offense.

I want to see Bernhard Raimann play and hold his own on the line, also Ryan Van Demark and Jason Spriggs.

Wanna watch all the new draft guys.

JoJo Domann-Linebacker.

UDFA suprises.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

So this may be a little early, but I wanted to put it out there so we could do a pre-game/post-game thing. 

What do you want to see?

I hope we get to see a good number of plays from our 1st-teamers, even from Ryan. I feel we haven’t been ready for game 1 of the regular season for quite a few seasons now, and giving them some actual game time before the regular season will do them good. 

I expect it to be not-perfect or even close. We have a new QB, new LT and a new defensive scheme and these pre-season games will do a lot for us to figure out what needs to be worked on. 

I would really like to see Woods and Ogletree in-game and hope they get a good number of reps. 
I would like to see the full 1st team Dline play at least a few snaps together - so excited for this. 

No injuries

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sam will play in the 2nd half.

You don't think Coan will get any action?

Id say 3rd to Sam, 4th to Coan.

2 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

No injuries.... 

This

Just look forward to watching. Hope to see some great plays, expect to see some bad ones as well. Want to see young guys looking like they belong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

What do you want to see?

Well done - I concur with all of your points.

I'll add one thing - I'd like to see continuity during drives.

• Like 2

I want to see what the OLine looks like. I want to see how Pierce and Granson look. I want to see Ryan in our offense. I also want to see this new defensive scheme. 

I'm excited to watch Pierce and Cross play. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think almost everybody will play at some point during the pre-season. 
Ryan and WRs, TEs and RBs need to establish chemistry. Defense has a new scheme. 

Reich said they may hold a few guys out.  I think you won’t see much or any of Taylor, Buckner, maybe Gilmore.  Guys they know will be fine and you are taking a bigger risk with injury than it’s worth.  Even if he returns to action before the end of the pre-season I doubt you see Leonard.  

id say you won’t see Nelson or Kelly but if Matt Ryan is out there (and he needs to be) I think the whole starting line is out there.  

• Like 1

How about a pre-season game I can stay awake for all 4 quarters.haha

I am interested in how both O and D lines have developed. 

To see if Dulin and Patmon look like they could step in for a injured starter, and produce well.

Also seeing how the rookies look going against the best competition they've faced in their life.

As others have mentioned there is usually a UDFA, or two who flash, and make a case to be on the roster, curious to see who it will be this year.

17 hours ago, Bolt Colt said:

I want to see Bernhard Raimann play and hold his own on the line, also Ryan Van Demark and Jason Spriggs.

JoJo Domann-Linebacker.

UDFA suprises.

Yeah Raimann will be someone I look at.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Foles will probably play the rest of the 1st half after Ryan takes a seat.

I keep forgetting we have foles. That'll make the 1st half that much more interesting. 

I probably won't tune in for very long I am just happy to see the Colts back on the field. Also no injuries as well

21 hours ago, Bolt Colt said:

JoJo Domann-Linebacker.

UDFA suprises.

I like Bolt’s list, particularly Van Demark and Raimann.  What I would add is Pierce and Dulin - I think they’re having a battle for early season flanker reps.  Also, I wanna see the back-up DTs play - both draftees and Macintosh in particular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope

• No injuries
  • Bills and Colts agree to use roughly the same level of talent against each other. Would love to see the 1st teamers that we play, going against their fist teamers.
  • We win.. 

Most interested in

1. Ryan vs the Bills secondary (if they play their 1st team vs Ryan). Bill are considered a top 10 secondary unit. Would like to see some nice crisp, accurate, and confident throws. 
  2. DL penetration/pressure.... It's pre-season, so guessing we'll be very vanilla, but hope to see us out-vanilla the Bill's OL. IIRC, the Bill's OL is ranked 20ish... 
  3. OL, specifically Pryor and Pinter, come out of the game with a clean sheet (no sacks). Interested to see Raimann and Spriggs when the starters come out.
  4. Our WRs and TEs vs the Bills 1st team secondary. Not really worried about Pittman, Mo, or Campbell, or care to see them much, but hope we see a lot of Coutee, Pierce, Dulin, Patmon, Ogletree, and Woods. No drops please...
  5. Depth LBs and STs guys Domann, Weatherford, and Skalski 

What I expect...

• Tons of post game over-reaction lol
  • Like 2

Even if Ryan struggles a bit on Saturday it still doesn't indicate anything without Taylor in the game. With Taylor in the game, our offense changes dramatically. We aren't 1 dimensional anymore. If Ryan struggles in a game with Taylor playing well then that isn't good.

• Like 2