Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Did you REALLY think that after signing Ryan the flood gates were going to open on signings?

Maybe listen to Ballard instead of all of the obscure people on twitter and you wont be so confused.   He tells you what he's doing for the most part. Anyone surprised is just not listening to him   

He's not signing someone just to sign someone.  It has to be the RIGHT someone.

You panicked over QB  and you were wrong. He signed the best option  So RELAX.  Get off of twitter.  Your life will be easier  Ballard knows more than any of us.  

Ballard may know more than any of us, but it's been proven by his 41-40 record the last 5 years that he is an average GM record-wise and doesn't know much more than the other GMs. The same 31 other GMs that are signing hundreds of FAs the last week+ and are essentially saying "these players are good enough for us" by signing them. When Ballard signs 1 FA out of over hundreds of already signed FAs when we started with the most cap, I tend to take the other GMs opinions on this.

So are you going to say that Ballard knows more than 31 other GMs? It's the chicken and the egg here. You can agree with Ballard to bash negative people, but I can agree with 31 other GMs to prove that a vast majority of the most qualified people in the world probably know more than one single GM trying to be contrarian in Ballard.

17 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would absolutely love Watson on the Colts. The guy could be a stud, as he is very agile and fast for a WR his size. 

Watson is a Ballard receiver. Has all the measurables that he loves. Would love to get him at 42 and Tariq Woolen in the 3rd.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard may know more than any of us, but it's been proven by his 41-40 record the last 5 years that he is an average GM record-wise and doesn't know much more than the other GMs. The same 31 other GMs that are signing hundreds of FAs the last week+ and are essentially saying "these players are good enough for us" by signing them. When Ballard signs 1 FA out of over hundreds of already signed FAs when we started with the most cap, I tend to take the other GMs opinions on this.

So are you going to say that Ballard knows more than 31 other GMs? It's the chicken and the egg here. You can agree with Ballard to bash negative people, but I can agree with 31 other GMs to prove that a vast majority of the most qualified people in the world probably know more than one single GM trying to be contrarian in Ballard.

Fair enough   But imagine what the team would look like if one of us were running it.  

5 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Fair enough   But imagine what the team would look like if one of us were running it.  

Yep. It wouldn't be pretty. I'd be more aggressive in FA, but still try to draft similar to Ballard. I'd like to give it a try with all the resources and scouts Ballard has at his disposal tbh.

16 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We actually had very good depth last year. Now we have none. Maybe because it was such good depth is why some like Odum left. They earned their pay day. Nerf a backup tackle if Pryor starts. Maybe that comes in the draft. We have one healthy safety. Only two on the roster. We need another vet CB 

I didn't expect Odum to be back, since he wanted more money last season and had to settle.  The rest of the team is so front loaded now, that if someone gets hurt I feel we take a big step back.  We need to get some money in those areas.  The draft can't be the backbone of our depth

1 hour ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I didn't expect Odum to be back, since he wanted more money last season and had to settle.  The rest of the team is so front loaded now, that if someone gets hurt I feel we take a big step back.  We need to get some money in those areas.  The draft can't be the backbone of our depth

We still have like 30 spots to fill. So we will see what happens.

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

That would be an interesting discussion - what the team would look like if you went with a forum consensus in recent years.  Jordan Love would be QB, Trey Flowers would be rushing the passer, etc., etc.

16 minutes ago, #12. said:

That would be an interesting discussion - what the team would look like if you went with a forum consensus in recent years.  Jordan Love would be QB, Trey Flowers would be rushing the passer, etc., etc.

Jordan Love was very popular with a few posters that repeated their want over and over. I doubt that was a consensus. That said, the idea of a consensus seems a joke to me. To assume that we fans know more than those who dedicate their lives to this is funny. 

But, to follow along with your idea, I wonder if one could have a poll ready before each pick (because the draft is fluid and things change), and get a consensus on each pick....and then follow those picks for 3 years to see. However, it would still leave out the development part. Had the player went to our team, would they have been as good.....or, would they have failed with another team, rather than ours. It is pretty much apples to oranges. I am one of those fans that believes Manning could have went to most every team and had a stellar career. I think Brady was taken by the perfect coach, and would not have had the same career elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Rather have Dotson 

I really like Dotson and think he's a really polished WR, but I also think Watson is a much more technically sound and smart WR than he gets credit for.

From everything I've read, NDSU's scheme is really complex for the level of football they play at, so while the level of competition isn't necessarily comparable, Watson excelling in their scheme shows how smart and technically sound he is.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I really like Dotson and think he's a really polished WR, but I also think Watson is a much more technically sound and smart WR than he gets credit for.

From everything I've read, NDSU's scheme is really complex for the level of football they play at, so while the level of competition isn't necessarily comparable, Watson excelling in their scheme shows how smart and technically sound he is.

Dodgson...DODGSON...

WE GOT DODGSON HERE! (Jurassic Park reference)

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Still waiting for that much needed game changing , team improving Ballard free agent signing.

Loop Natalie GIF

Pretty certain CB has reached his limit with the TWO $40+ M worth of "game changers" that he has already bagged. Your thinking, and not to hurt anyones feelings and i apologize if i do.... is very futile... and very  Blond.

40 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Yes, but the majority of those spots are camp bodies. Who are paid peanuts to basically try out.

We had great depth last year. We lost a lot of depth. We need some good depth again. We have one healthy safety and need another CB. We need oline depth too. Those are all very important positions.

After the draft teams will discard good players who are in the same spot as players they ended up drafting, also teams sign free agents in spots they were hoping to fill in the draft and werent able to, then there are players cut when the final 53 are announced who we typically get 2-3 of.   Its a long process and many of our free agents haved signed elsewhere so we can resign on the cheap many of those if we want.

We all know where the holes are and get antsy when there arent filled quickly but delayed gratification......... 

19 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We had great depth last year. We lost a lot of depth. We need some good depth again. We have one healthy safety and need another CB. We need oline depth too. Those are all very important positions.

Willis is pretty healthy so I'd say we have 2 healthy Safety's right now (Will Redmond as mentioned above is as close to 100% as he will ever be most likely). The problem is all 3 (Including Blackmon ) are more SS then FS types so we need a minimum of 3 FS at some point.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Willis is pretty healthy so I'd say we have 2 healthy Safety's right now (Will Redmond as mentioned above is as close to 100% as he will ever be most likely). The problem is all 3 (Including Blackmon ) are more SS then FS types so we need a minimum of 3 FS at some point.

I don’t consider Redmond that good. Blackmon is still recovering. We need a legitimate safety.  

Thw WR group is just bad right now too. That can be fixed in the draft but we really need to add a vet.  

Redmon was highly thought of coming out (Drafted 1 spot above yannick same draft) with great coverage skills and versatility to play Corner or Safety, he has never stayed healthy though and unlike Campbell  this goes back to his college days and torn acl. Will he stick ? Hard to say if he doesnt get hurt again then very likely makes at least P.S. however its a roll of the dice, no risk on Colts end though.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Comp picks?

The time new signings stop being counted towards the comp picks formula is the week after the draft. This might mean we might need to wait a month or so before we sign free agents.

This doesn't apply to FAs who were released by their teams, only for ones whose contracts expired.

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Comp picks?

The time new signings stop being counted towards the comp picks formula is the week after the draft. This might mean we might need to wait a month or so before we sign free agents.

This doesn't apply to FAs who were released by their teams, only for ones whose contracts expired.

None of our free agents have signed big contracts.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Comp picks?

Well there won’t be anyone left by that point. I don’t think that is what he is talking about. 

Just now, CR91 said:

None of our free agents have signed big contracts.

Glow signed a good contract.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Well there won’t be anyone left by that point. I don’t think that is what he is talking about. 

Glow signed a good contract.

7th round comp at best. Not exactly a wow pick. It's not like the pats will get for losing J.C Jackson

Archived