Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

A new QB, DC, and bunch of young players that need game experience, so Some get it that we have work to do to get better with the players that we

already have. 

We go to battle with the players we have. We have a competitive team today. And more help is coming. 

I agree just not getting worked up about it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

A new QB, DC, and bunch of young players that need game experience, so Some get it that we have work to do to get better with the players that we

already have. 

We go to battle with the players we have. We have a competitive team today. And more help is coming. 

We are already better than last year because our QB is better, we got a good edge pass rusher in Yannick, and I think Bradley will be better than Flus. Flus didn't impress me at all.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I agree just not getting worked up about it

Disagree Amazon GIF by Modern Love

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are already better than last year because our QB is better, we got a good edge pass rusher in Yannick, and I think Bradley will be better than Flus. Flus didn't impress me at all.

At this moment the only time I get worked is when Jackie Young and Perth play in the early AM and I can’t watch it until breakfast

wnba draft what GIF by WNBA

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

already have. 

I did a thread about drafting vs FA vs development. It showed what I thought it would, that development is considered pretty darned important.......yet, fans sometimes have zero patience for it to happen. Also, they only focus on the elite and great players. However, each team in the NFL has players that haven't reached "good" status yet. The Colts will have a better defense this season, not because they signed a bunch of new players, but because the players they have drafted will be better after another year of coaching and experience. 

And they'll add more. In the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I did a thread about drafting vs FA vs development. It showed what I thought it would, that development is considered pretty darned important.......yet, fans sometimes have zero patience for it to happen. Also, they only focus on the elite and great players. However, each team in the NFL has players that haven't reached "good" status yet. The Colts will have a better defense this season, not because they signed a bunch of new players, but because the players they have drafted will be better after another year of coaching and experience. 

Hey also added some intriguing prospects as futures or from the CFL too

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I agree we will better than last year just based on experience alone + we have a better QB. Taylor will be Taylor, he is still young. Pittman will even be better IMO and Hines will be utilized right with Matt at QB.

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

UTSA CB but can’t you more to late to get out the draft guides to look

Got up early to check the Perth Stats and more than likely will stay up extremely late Saturday Night/Sunday Morning to watch game 2

Perth the Australian Women's BB? (Googled it). Why? 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Your not winning without great WR. You can have the best defense in the world bur if you can’t score your not winning.

Yes Ryan will make them look better but that doesn’t mean we don’t need to get better.

Come on now. Ive seen some of those WR groups Bellichick trotted out with Brady and they werent all good. New England put a higher value on scheme and execution. Ive not seen them pay any of their WR well ever. Maybe you can say Gronk but he was a TE. Heck ive seen Luck do well with some average wr personnel. You can win without having several all star receivers. Weve got some talented young guys who need to see the field more. Or in the case of Campbell need to shake the injury bug.  I for one am really excited to see what comes of Ryan working with Strachan and Patmon. Weve got some guys on the roster with good athletic profiles. And Ballard did say he will make an addition or two to the group.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Come on now. Ive seen some of those WR groups Bellichick trotted out with Brady and they werent all good. New England put a higher value on scheme and execution. Ive not seen them pay any of their WR well ever. Maybe you can say Gronk but he was a TE. Heck ive seen Luck do well with some average wr personnel. You can win without having several all star receivers. Weve got some talented young guys who need to see the field more. Or in the case of Campbell need to shake the injury bug.  I for one am really excited to see what comes of Ryan working with Strachan and Patmon. Weve got some guys on the roster with good athletic profiles. And Ballard did say he will make an addition or two to the group.

Well Done Wow GIF by Abitan

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think it just boils down to:
A - PC can't stay healthy.

B - We don't know what we truly have outside of Pittman.
C - Everyone sees what KC and some other teams have done with WE/TE signings.
D - Worried Ryan will have the same talent he had last year and no significant upgrade.

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

D - Worried Ryan will have the same talent he had last year and no significant upgrade.

Ryan had nobody near Taylor last year. 

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Rivers would have done better than Wentz with that same personnel. Why? Because the ole vet knew how to execute what we schemed up. He has all his foot steps in line with the timing of his release and he knew exactly who he was going to hit. Wentz game is not like that. It takes him a while to process whats going on and deliver the ball. Im sure that effected a number of times the WR was open and didnt get the ball. Get these young guys with a guy like Ryan and it may look a good bit different 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Without Henry most of last year, the Titans went 12-5. They actually did very well last year without him because of their defense.

In a way though that is deceiving because with Henry they just completed a sweep of us. At that point they could play loose and had a cushion. Both times they beat us they had Henry.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Patriots didn’t pay anyone well ever, because they got elite players at bargain prices for a chance at a Super Bowl title. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Every Colt fan and members of Ballards team are naturally very anxious to see our 2022 roster come together. Post draft is our first real benchmark.

I'm most anxious to see our answer for the single high safety. I want Ed Reed Jr. haha!

Hooker was Chuck and Ballards guy for this. He is in what year 6-7, should have all this experience and knowledge to QB the secondary now. This was a critical miss. lol

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In a way though that is deceiving because with Henry they just completed a sweep of us. At that point they could play loose and had a cushion. Both times they beat us they had Henry.

Ok? It's not like Henry is a FA or off their team this year. They have him back now. Even if they did sweep us with Henry, they will also have Henry back this year to do it again, and also have him against the rest of their opponents whom they did not have him against last year. A Titans team with Henry all year will probably go 12-5 again. A weakened Colts team probably isn't 12-5 quality (unless you think Matt Ryan is good enough to get to 12 wins). I thought it might be possible originally, but not with our inactivity in FA and lack of a 1st round pick. Too many teams will gain on us in FA and the draft (which is ironically Ballard's bread and butter).

10 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Every Colt fan and members of Ballards team are naturally very anxious to see our 2022 roster come together. Post draft is our first real benchmark.

I'm most anxious to see our answer for the single high safety. I want Ed Reed Jr. haha!

Hooker was Chuck and Ballards guy for this. He is in what year 6-7, should have all this experience and knowledge to QB the secondary now. This was a critical miss. lol

Hooker, Turay, Banogu, Lewis!  4 critical failures along with Wentz that has us in this situation. Life is tough in the NFL!

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So again, this comes down to the people defending Ballard still thinking he knows better than 31 other GMs in FA this year. I doubt that. I believe a decent portion of the WRs will work out for teams that signed them. Ballard may not want them, but that doesn't mean he's right, it means he's stubborn. That stubbornness is proving to be an outdated philosophy when you look at the AFC we are competing against. 

Whether it's WR or any other position, Ballard has signed one player that hasn't been a trade this offseason. If he doesn't like more than one player enough to go get him out of hundreds of FAs, then I question Ballard more than fans, media, or 31 other GMs that seem to be satisfied enough with these FAs to improve their teams. 

I don't think Ballard bases what he does on what he thinks he knows over other GMs.  Im sure he bases it on a proven system that has worked well over time.  And Im sure the other GMs have similar sentiments.   Im sure he doesn't make it a goal to do what everyone else is doing.  Again the man said he'd add more talent to the room.  If he's got a system in place who are we to tell him at what part of the process to add said talent?  Let the man do his job

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think Ballard bases what he does on what he thinks he knows over other GMs.  Im sure he bases it on a proven system that has worked well over time.  And Im sure the other GMs are doing that as well.  Some stick to it more than others.   Im sure he doesn't make it a goal to do what everyone else is doing.  Again the man said he'd add more talent to the room.  If he's got a system in place who are we to tell him at what part of the process to add said talent?  Let the man do his job

Except it's not working well over time. Ballard is 41-40 with a 1-2 postseason record in his 5 years as a GM here. He is treading water. He has had a couple great years drafting players in 2018 and 2020, now it's starting to even out a bit when you look at 2017, 2019, and 2021 so far. He has been very inactive in FA all 5 years so far, that puts even more pressure to draft well, and he is not an elite drafter like we thought he may be after 2018 when he knocked that class out of the park. We had 7 pro-bowlers last year, but even that was only worth 9 wins. Now we are going to have to pay our top players more for the same production, and when that happens with Nelson, Taylor and Pittman, this team is in big trouble. Our window is short, probably 2 years before it falls apart and we have to rebuild.

I let Ballard do his job. By Ballard doing his job, we got 1 year of Wentz for our 1st round pick this year (16th overall). I could forgive the mistake if Ballard understood that because of that mistake he made, he needs to double down on FA to get some quality players to make up for the loss of that pick. He doubles down though, sticks to his philosophy, and thinks he's the smartest guy in the room by not only not signing anyone in FA again, but doing it when we don't have a 1st round pick. This isn't like previous years when we didn't have a 1st rounder either. Those years we either traded for someone like Buckner, traded down and picked up additional picks, or had multiple 2nd rounders in the draft. None of that is true. Ballard literally would have to outdraft everyone to the point where not only he makes up for a 1st round pick we don't have, but also that he makes up for not signing anyone in FA. That isn't happening. 

That's why I'm so frustrated with him right now, and apparently he isn't doing his job well. Don't take it from this fan. Compare us to the rest of the AFC and figure it out for yourself.

15 hours ago, esmort said:

I think the money is the biggest factor. Sure location and taxes plays a role to some players. But there are other cities that aren't "exciting" that get FAs (Green Bay, Buffalo, Cinci, AZ, etc... I would pick Indy over all those options and probably a couple more. 

Cherry picking data is a horrible way of making your point fit the narrative. 

For example, let's just say for the sake of argument that MVS had identical offers from the Chiefs and the Eagles.....what factors other than money would help sway his decision?

Then go back and read what I posted and try to be objective....

Archived