Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

59 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Really?  Slight upgrade at QB ( Ballard lucked out there...no way was that his plan) Can you please let us uninformed fans know how we are better otherwise?

Thanks

We upgraded 2 very important positions. Yannick is a stud. Matt Ryan is a huge upgrade over Wentz 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Oh..I didn't know you are on DC Bradley's staff. Thanks for sharing. I feel so much better now.

It’s called the LEO Position. It’s much harder to double team. Their job is just to rush the passer and not worry about the run so much. It’s not read and react. That’s why he had the reputation of not liking to stop the run.

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I listed 2 ways we upgraded. It doesn’t matter if our team got better from 1 move or 10 moves. We are a better team today then we were at Jacksonville.

True. But, Jacksonville is a much better team themselves as well

24 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is probably why we just need to draft our own in the early rounds. No way am I paying a vet WR these prices.  Just go draft a couple early in the draft.

The contract works its way into the draft too.  Because more teams will want to look to the draft, now the prices of the draft picks elevate by probably 20 slots.  A players that was once a late second round pick might become an early second round pick just because teams want a rookie receiver instead of overpaying a vet.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The contract works its way into the draft too.  Because more teams will want to look to the draft, now the prices of the draft picks elevate by probably 20 slots.  A players that was once a late second round pick might become an early second round pick just because teams want a rookie receiver instead of overpaying a vet.

That  very well could happen. All I know is I am not paying a WR QB money. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That  very well could happen. All I know is I am not paying a WR QB money. 

This is why trading for DeVonte Parker makes sense for me.  He would only cost a day 3 pick and his contract is very team friendly.  He’s a very good player.  Sure he missed some last year but so have most of the remaining FA’s.  He’s not as good as Landry but he definitely would be a quality addition and we could still draft a WR.  

15 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I listed 2 ways we upgraded. It doesn’t matter if our team got better from 1 move or 10 moves. We are a better team today then we were at Jacksonville.

I will say though that Indy also got worse at CB, TE, WR, and arguably LT, at least until Ballard addresses those areas with good options. 

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I will say though that Indy also got worse at CB, TE, WR, and arguably LT, at least until Ballard addresses those areas with good options. 

The guy colts signed at CB is probably in same level as Rock. We still need another vet though. We are probably going to have to have a offensive draft. Which I am fine with if that is the direction they go.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The guy colts signed at CB is probably in same level as Rock. We still need another vet though. We are probably going to have to have a offensive draft. Which I am fine with if that is the direction they go.

I disagree with that. Rock had a much better year than Facyson did going by the numbers.

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I disagree with that. Rock had a much better year than Facyson did going by the numbers.

Facyson had many more passes defended and many more tackles.

And an int. where Rock had zero.

Rock started 8 games and we all saw the improvment. He stayed with guys downfield and quit grabbing. He was solid and i was very much looking forward to having him next season.
 People will look forward to picking at Facyson next season. He is going to enjoy a better pass rush than Rock had. Today, i am tickled with our position.

Trust in Bradley ya know.

22 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

How would you determine that Facyson is as good as Rock? I'm not saying Rock is great by any means, but he had a very good year last year, and could be even better once he has a consistent pass rush helping him. 

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

How would you determine that Facyson is as good as Rock? I'm not saying Rock is great by any means, but he had a very good year last year, and could be even better once he has a consistent pass rush helping him. 

Because I don’t think Rock is elite. Is he solid yes. From what I have heard about this other guy he is also solid. The better pass rush is going to help all the secondary.

The NFL Is a passing league and it’s so hard to find lock downs corners anymore. 

28 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Rhodes was pretty decent when healthy. That is an issue with him.

Rodgers was playing better than him IMO, at seasons end so one could project him as an upgrade. 
 Rock made us happy last season, but Gus got enough out of Facyson last season to want him. This could be a wash.
 I think the 2nd year growth for Granson, the signing of MO and the add of Ryan makes us project as more production at TE is coming so we are better off already at TE.
 Again, Pittman- the influence of Reggie and Ryan should be exciting. We get to see the whole route tree, those great curls and outs that Wentz couldn't do. We have a 2nd rd draft talent coming back and it would be silliness to discount that. We had two rookies that folks here were salivating over last pre-season. You think Reggie joined us thinking he CAN'T make something out of at least one of them? I bet he 100% believes he can.
 NO, and with Ryan, we are BETTER at WR right now than where we ended last season.  

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Rhodes was pretty decent when healthy. That is an issue with him.

Rodgers was playing better than him IMO, at seasons end so one could project him as an upgrade. 
 Rock made us happy last season, but Gus got enough out of Facyson last season to want him. This could be a wash.
 I think the 2nd year growth for Granson, the signing of MO and the add of Ryan makes us project as more production at TE is coming so we are better off already at TE.
 Again, Pittman- the influence of Reggie and Ryan should be exciting. We get to see the whole route tree, those great curls and outs that Wentz couldn't do. We have a 2nd rd draft talent coming back and it would be silliness to discount that. We had two rookies that folks here were salivating over last pre-season. You think Reggie joined us thinking he CAN'T make something out of at least one of them? I bet he 100% believes he can.
 NO, and with Ryan, we are BETTER at WR right now than where we ended last season.  

I would agree that Ryan makes the receivers better just by his mere presence. That said, it’s a weak group at TE and WR. An injury to Pitt and Mo and what’s left but a lot of question marks? Which is why I expect Ballard to make some moves to shore things up.

Hoping a draft pick works out is always a crap shoot. Exhibit A: Paris Campbell. Who, once again, is somehow being counted on not to break down after one game. Good luck with that. 

Some veteran talent has to be brought in at WR….. and perhaps there is a scrap heap where a serviceable TE is still available. 

Archived