Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Well that’s one way to try and get people to read his Athletic Column.. I’ve never heard Holder do a “candid” interview or ask any hard questions. 

We will see what great information he has us “staying tuned” for.

Is it just me, or does it seem like this happens every year? Scouts and GM's go to combines and pro days and fall in love with the new shiny QB's. The latest mock draft on NFL.com (understanding this is not always reality) is now projecting five QB's will go in the top 15 picks. This in a year where everyone is saying it is not a strong class?

2 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

One crucial thing you're forgetting though is not everyone comes on here looking to debate.  This isn't First Take chief.  Try to let some people have the freedom to express their opinions.  Trust me it'll be a lot less stressful for you

Look, I realize I am butting in on your conversation with Jason, but this line of thinking has me confused as to the reasoning of folks today, I don't know your age, nor am I asking, but my response is to the younger generation in general. 

I find that because of social media and a lack of consequences for actions throughout society, there are a lot of strong opinions being fired out there. I truly try (but sometimes I fail) to never say anything on here that I would not say to someone's face. That is the era I grew up in. Thankfully, we have a right to free speech in this country, but we do not have a right to opinion without consequences. It is commonplace now, to give strong opinions, without the emotional fortitude to back it up.

Maybe it's time to put this back in my signature......."We all have a right to our opinion on this board as long as it is within the guidelines. It is also our right to have an opinion, about someone's opinion.......... as long as it is within the guidelines". 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think Reich getting Ryan is going to be good for him as a coach. He doesn’t have someone who he has a past relationship with or forced to have Jacoby because of Lucks retirement. In a way it will bring fresh eyes to the offense.

I have no doubt that Matt will execute the offense within his abilities....exactly how Franks asks for it to be executed. I do not think that was fully the case with Carson. 

19 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like this happens every year? Scouts and GM's go to combines and pro days and fall in love with the new shiny QB's. The latest mock draft on NFL.com (understanding this is not always reality) is now projecting five QB's will go in the top 15 picks. This in a year where everyone is saying it is not a strong class?

Princess Friendship Day GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom
everyone loves the shiny new toy

29 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Finally up from this morning.

So Frank is admitting that they Jettisoned Carson with no replacement in mind. Irsay just said "get him off the team for whatever you can get" huh?  So the Colts were lucky that Matt Ryan became available otherwise we were probably looking at Winston or Mariota. Irsay kinda put Ballard in a bind but I have to admit he did well. Getting something for Wentz....having the Redskins eat his contract.....then getting Ryan for just a 3rd and having the falcons eat his contract. Pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Yea, that's a no sir.  It's a way to have a conversation without the need to attack, unfortunately their response wasn't a challenge.  It was an attack on a harmless statement.  I welcome all responses but will not entertain a negative aggressive response such as theirs.  That's just how I roll, and I'm fine with that.  I enjoy reading other people opinions whether I agree or not, and encourage more people to share their thoughts on different topics without having the fear of being attacked by other posters

Unfortunately you don’t get to decide how others elect to respond to you.  If you feel attacked that’s different than someone responding to your opinion clearly but the proper way to handle that would be to report the post to a mod and let them handle it and stop responding to the person.  I can assure as someone who has been here forever we have a very good mod team that has no problem removing posts if they cross a line.  

31 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Look, I realize I am butting in on your conversation with Jason, but this line of thinking has me confused as to the reasoning of folks today, I don't know your age, nor am I asking, but my response is to the younger generation in general. 

I find that because of social media and a lack of consequences for actions throughout society, there are a lot of strong opinions being fired out there. I truly try (but sometimes I fail) to never say anything on here that I would not say to someone's face. That is the era I grew up in. Thankfully, we have a right to free speech in this country, but we do not have a right to opinion without consequences. It is commonplace now, to give strong opinions, without the emotional fortitude to back it up.

Maybe it's time to put this back in my signature......."We all have a right to our opinion on this board as long as it is within the guidelines. It is also our right to have an opinion, about someone's opinion.......... as long as it is within the guidelines". 

Your response is how most conversations on here should be handled, and I thank you for that.  The quote that you are responding to is more of me speaking for others on this forum.  I understand you can't have an opinion without a response, which I welcome.  It's how you go about it.  One can't make a response to an opinion, and it be subjective to the overall argument.  I'm sure no one is here to argue.  Not all conversations need to end in right or wrong.  Both views can be true, depending on the circumstances

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Unfortunately you don’t get to decide how others elect to respond to you.  If you feel attacked that’s different than someone responding to your opinion clearly but the proper way to handle that would be to report the post to a mod and let them handle it and stop responding to the person.  I can assure as someone who has been here forever we have a very good mod team that has no problem removing posts if they cross a line.  

Hey boss, still think you're missing the point but I'm not trying to argue over it honestly.  Whether you have a good mod team or not, is not my area to judge.  I am here to respond to topics, and will continue to do so.  I will also respond to others actions to my posts appropriately.  That's just how it is

8 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Hey boss, still think you're missing the point but I'm not trying to argue over it honestly.  Whether you have a good mod team or not, is not my area to judge.  I am here to respond to topics, and will continue to do so.  I will also respond to others actions to my posts appropriately.  That's just how it is

Then you are going to have to deal with how people respond to you even if it’s not how you like.  If you don’t want to argue over it then don’t.  It takes two to argue so if you don’t respond no argument.  

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They did get lucky on Matt Ryan. The problem is that we have too many needs around him still. Signing Matt Ryan and not signing anything around him is like studying for a test, getting an A on it, and not doing any daily homework assignments to build around that test grade (or Matt Ryan signing). We have to do more, even in the AFC South. Not sure why this FO doesn't realize this. I just hope we get a few FAs before the draft so we aren't just filling needs in the draft instead of going BPA where we can field an overall better team.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Then you are going to have to deal with how people respond to you even if it’s not how you like.  I’d you don’t want to argue over it then don’t.  It takes two to argue so if you don’t respond no argument.  

I agree, this whole thread was based off my response to an attack on my original post.  I responded with the same energy is all, and they didn't like it.  No beef on my end at all, so let's get to a better topic.  We exhausted this situation enough as is

47 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is why you stay patient when you have a huge decision to make and don’t just jump at the first thing out there because you have a need.  Sometimes things change.  Glad they did for the Colts and glad they got their man, about time they have some good luck at QB (no pun intended).  Again, I am not so sure Matt Ryan wouldn’t have been their first choice even if they could have gotten someone like Wilson.  I think they really value what he brings and I can see why.  He’s a younger Rivers 2.0 which is the year the offense has looked the best under Frank other than when he had Luck.

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

So Frank is admitting that they Jettisoned Carson with no replacement in mind. Irsay just said "get him off the team for whatever you can get" huh?  So the Colts were lucky that Matt Ryan became available otherwise we were probably looking at Winston or Mariota. Irsay kinda put Ballard in a bind but I have to admit he did well. Getting something for Wentz....having the Redskins eat his contract.....then getting Ryan for just a 3rd and having the falcons eat his contract. Pretty impressive.

Don't panic.  Stay patient.  Like Frank said in the interview posted a bit ago you have to be willing to walk away. 

Pretty impressive indeed.

Yeah, a good vet QB can make the WR around him better, but if you've got 3rd/4th/5th string guys on most teams starting as your 1st/2nd/3rd, then it's going to be rough. Peyton threw 17 interceptions his last year in Indy, and look who his WR were here vs the next 2 in Denver. Quality DOES matter, regardless of who is throwing the ball.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They did get lucky on Matt Ryan. The problem is that we have too many needs around him still. Signing Matt Ryan and not signing anything around him is like studying for a test, getting an A on it, and not doing any daily homework assignments to build around that test grade (or Matt Ryan signing). We have to do more, even in the AFC South. Not sure why this FO doesn't realize this. I just hope we get a few FAs before the draft so we aren't just filling needs in the draft instead of going BPA where we can field an overall better team.

The moment you wrote… “not sure why the front office doesn’t realize this?”  You lost me.

They realize everything all of us talk about.  But they see it differently.  They have the INSIDERS perspective.   They know tons that the fans don’t.   They know which free agents they’re going after, who they still like.   They know what their draft board looks like.   They know which contracts they will receive-work to free up cap space.   And much more. 

Why some fans continue to think they know more than this front office is a mystery to me….   Just saying. 

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Apparently Holder  really pressured Ballard on his WR position. Hopefully it will be up soon. It was like 45 minutes long.

Ballard says the same thing every time. He knows fans want a “named guy” but he thinks what we have now is good. He also likes “growing” positions thru the draft and letting talent evolve. Fans typically want the instant gratification. They will also talk about LT and CB I guarantee that. 

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Ballard says the same thing every time. He knows fans want a “named guy” but he thinks what we have now is good. He also likes “growing” positions thru the draft and letting talent evolve. Fans typically want the instant gratification. They will also talk about LT and CB I guarantee that. 

In most cases Ballard’s Way is much better than the fan’s way

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In most cases Ballard’s Way is much better than the fan’s way

Is Ballard's way better than 31 other GMs way though? That's the million dollar question. Him being more qualified than us doesn't really move the needle much unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Maybe we should be giving Irsay some credit as well.

Archived