Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

54 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Doubt it was CB. Should have been Irsay, and in week 3. 

Can someone do a meme or gif of Irsay slapping Wentz in Nashville with two ankle boots on?

Either way, it's still hilarious

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Either way, it's still hilarious

meh. 

The next year will define that. 

If I were a betting man, I'd say CB was not near as negative on CW.

And there's growing chatter about Irsay. If things go well, the chatter will subside. If not, it will grow. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you’re right.   After responding to your post earlier,  I scrolled up and saw the tweets that gave needed context.   I think you’ve got this nailed. 

We will offer a 6, maybe one of our two 5’s and the Giants will eat a chunk of the salary and lighten the load.   I think this might just happen!      :thmup:

If it wasnt you old friend id be offended but carry on with your blasting. Lol

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

If it wasnt you old friend id be offended but carry on with your blasting. Lol

I hope I didn’t “blast” you?   I wasn’t trying to.  I was simply curious and I knew you’d give me a straight answer — which you did. 

I hope we’re all celebrating another great Ballard trade this week!      :thmup:

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Moore isn’t close to 4.3

Where did you learn that?   I’ve never seen that anywhere for Moore.    

EDIT:   Just double checked.  Moores Wiki page lists his 40 as ….    4.47.  

That’s fast enough. 

You meant 4.3's correct? As there IS a big difference in 4.3 as to 4.39.

And i got that from the deep dark recesses of my memory which failed me again. No wonder Kenny has bad days out there chasing some of these speedy WR's. It's time to draft his replacement that does run in the 4.3's.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

— I’d guess it’s none of these for various reasons….

— Mathieu is going to be too expensive. 
— Landry is also going to be too expensive. 

— I think Campbell has played mostly in a 3-4 and wouldn’t be a starter for the Colts. 

— Beasley is one of the strongest and loudest anti-vaxx players in the NFL.   Hard to see that happening. 

Yea your probably right 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

meh. 

The next year will define that. 

If I were a betting man, I'd say CB was not near as negative on CW.

And there's growing chatter about Irsay. If things go well, the chatter will subside. If not, it will grow. 

What kind of chatter?

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ugg what he says about WR.

It's what I expected and personally I think it will work well with one more guy added to the group as competition.  A QB that knows what's going on in the passing game and gets the ball out when it should be out makes a big difference in the outcomes .

I can never tell when the Reich & Ballard are just fluffing their words. I can’t even fathom that the Colts go into this season with Campbell & Patmon as starters. I do think that Campbell can be a very good No. 2/3, but Ballard said we won’t rely on him to stay healthy. 

I can fathom it.  Patmon and Pittman at #1 and #2 with Campbell at #3 along with Strachan or maybe Dulin taking over for Pascal.  I don't know who takes over for Doyle but hopefully we get an Ebron type athlete with better hands.  After watching Ryan with Kyle Pitts last year Im betting that Ballard is going to get him a nice TE to play with.   You can bet with Ryan that Nyheim Hines will be a much bigger factor in the passing game. 

41 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can fathom it.  Patmon and Pittman at #1 and #2 with Campbell at #3 along with Strachan or maybe Dulin taking over for Pascal.  I don't know who takes over for Doyle but hopefully we get an Ebron type athlete with better hands.  After watching Ryan with Kyle Pitts last year Im betting that Ballard is going to get him a nice TE to play with. 

Patmon as a #2? What has he done to make you believe he could be an NFL #2. I’m not mocking, I’m seriously curious 

5 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Patmon as a #2? What has he done to make you believe he could be an NFL #2. I’m not mocking, I’m seriously curious 

Because that's what his skillset is and it's what Ballard has always evisioned for him if you go back to some of his earliest comments.  Ballard said he envisioned him playing on the outside.  #1 Patmon hasn't had that many snaps and #2 Wentz as its starting to come out now didn't always deliver the football to the open man.   It takes 2 people to make things happen in the passing game.  If something isn't happening you can't always blame that on the receiver.   Im willing to bet he's much better under a vet passer who knows how the passing game is supposed to work.   Patmon runs 4.4 and he's what 6'4 or 6'5 so sounds like a guy who can play the deep ball to me. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Parris Campbell please stay healthy.  Reggie Wayne is our only hope to salvage this WR group.  Hoping he gets Strachan and Cambell right.  Never been big on Patmon

I have absolutely no faith that he can stay healthy. Dude needs to eat a steak. I really hope that Frank Reich and the colts are not content with our wide receiver group right now.

56 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Colts are going to miss Doyle and Pascal for their run blocking.

Seems to me Doyle was hurt all the time. We've needed an upgrade for a while.

40 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can fathom it.  Patmon and Pittman at #1 and #2 with Campbell at #3 along with Strachan or maybe Dulin taking over for Pascal.  I don't know who takes over for Doyle but hopefully we get an Ebron type athlete with better hands.  After watching Ryan with Kyle Pitts last year Im betting that Ballard is going to get him a nice TE to play with.   You can bet with Ryan that Nyheim Hines will be a much bigger factor in the passing game. 

I personally believe that Dulin is one of the most under-rated Colts right now.  Without going back and watching tape, I view Dulin as our 2nd best WR last year.  If you go back and look at his combine/pro day #s, they compare favorably to guys many want in the draft.  6’1.5”, 215, 33 3/8” arms, 4.43 forty, 38” vert, 4.22 ss, and a 6.81 3-cone at his PD.  I’d love to see him get a chance to start opposite MPJ if the draft doesn’t work out that well for us at WR…

7 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Parris Campbell please stay healthy.  Reggie Wayne is our only hope to salvage this WR group.  Hoping he gets Strachan and Cambell right.  Never been big on Patmon

You havent even seen enough of Patmon to know what you're even big or not big on. 

Just now, Archer said:

I personally believe that Dulin is one of the most under-rated Colts right now.  Without going back and watching tape, I view Dulin as our 2nd best WR last year.  If you go back and look at his combine/pro day #s, they compare favorably to guys many want in the draft.  6’1.5”, 215, 33 3/8” arms, 4.43 forty, 38” vert, 4.22 ss, and a 6.81 3-cone at his PD.  I’d love to see him get a chance to start opposite MPJ if the draft doesn’t work out that well for us at WR…

I used to hate Dulin but I did see some growth from him as a WR. 

5 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I have absolutely no faith that he can stay healthy. Dude needs to eat a steak. I really hope that Frank Reich and the colts are not content with our wide receiver group right now.

Seems to me Doyle was hurt all the time. We've needed an upgrade for a while.

I know it isn't his fault but we can't keep relying on him with no answer once he goes down.  Hell I don't even know if he's good or not.  Can't properly assess when he doesn't play full games back to back

1 minute ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I'm not sure you know what I have all seen.  I have seen enough, and again I stand by my statement.  He is a depth receiver, that is all

What did you see to make you not big on him?  The answer is nothing because the small amount of snaps he got Wentz didn't throw him the ball.  Doesn't mean the receiver was bad though .

3 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I know it isn't his fault but we can't keep relying on him with no answer once he goes down.  Hell I don't even know if he's good or not.  Can't properly assess when he doesn't play full games back to back

Ballard did say something to the effect that Campbell wasn't going to be automatically penciled in at #2 spot. I was glad to hear that bc you just can't rely on the guy.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

What did you see to make you not big on him?  The answer is nothing because the small amount of snaps he got Wentz didn't throw him the ball.  Doesn't mean the receiver was bad though .

The opinion of mines is exactly that, my opinion.  I'm not looking to go back n forth on it.  I have my reasons boss.  I support all colts players, but I also have reasonable assessments on what I think they're role are best suited in.  Nothing wrong with being a depth piece.  What hurts a team, is when you try to force someone to be something they're not

1 minute ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

The opinion of mines is exactly that, my opinion.  I'm not looking to go back n forth on it.  I have my reasons boss.  I support all colts players, but I also have reasonable assessments on what I think they're role are best suited in.  Nothing wrong with being a depth piece.  What hurts a team, is when you try to force someone to be something they're not

Thanks for your OPINION!

Just now, J@son said:

You just can't tell us cause they're secret? 

Not at all, my reasons are neither right or wrong but they will invite argumentative responses that I don't have the energy for right now.  Nothing will come out of it other than agree to disagree, so it's pointless

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Thanks for your OPINION!

You're very welcome:thmup:

Archived