Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Will probably be hearing a lot of rumors this week with the owners meetings going on.

Isn’t that over two years though?

Well his contract looks weird honestly as he has a cap hit in 2022 for 21 mil, but only 1.5 mil in 2023. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well his contract looks weird honestly as he has a cap hit in 2022 for 21 mil, but only 1.5 mil in 2023. 

His base salary is 13.4 Mill and 100K workout bonus. The other monies are restructures. I think if he's traded , he would count 13.5 mill for 2022.

Just now, dw49 said:

His base salary is 13.4 Mill and 100K workout bonus. The other monies are restructures. I think if he's traded , he would count 13.5 mill for 2022.

Wouldn't the Giants have to still pay the dead cap

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I don’t think it’s fans not liking the trade. Of course the majority of fans would prefer Yannick over Rock. It’s more that Ballard has done basically nothing to better the CB position after dealing Rock. I’m not expecting big things from Facyson and Rhodes is vastly declining. Moore and Rodgers are best suited inside due to their size. 

Well, that is a thought but Rodgers has done nothing but play outside and has played well. Most teams enjoy having one corner that runs in the 4.3's.

Moore runs in the 4.3's and has proven to stinko out there. lol

29 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

The dude King of Colts and Nate Adkins just sent out a cryptic tweet. It basically implies who the colts are interested in signing.

Here’s who I think he’s talking about.
tyrann mathieu

jarvis landry

calais campbell

cole Beasley 

Tyrann

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Wouldn't the Giants have to still pay the dead cap

Yes they would. My point was he would only cost the colts his 2022 salary plus the 100 K workout bonus .. not the around 20 mill $ cap hit someone had mentioned.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Yes they would. My point was he would only cost the colts his 2022 salary plus the 100 K workout bonus .. not the around 20 mill $ cap hit someone had mentioned.

Yes, but my point is the dead cap being covered by the other team isn't guaranteed. For example, the Commanders took all of Wentz's contract.

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Well, that is a thought but Rodgers has done nothing but play outside and has played well. Most teams enjoy having one corner that runs in the 4.3's.

Moore runs in the 4.3's and has proven to stinko out there. lol

Moore isn’t close to 4.3

Where did you learn that?   I’ve never seen that anywhere for Moore.    

EDIT:   Just double checked.  Moores Wiki page lists his 40 as ….    4.47.  

That’s fast enough. 

6 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

The dude King of Colts and Nate Adkins just sent out a cryptic tweet. It basically implies who the colts are interested in signing.

Here’s who I think he’s talking about.
tyrann mathieu

jarvis landry

calais campbell

cole Beasley 

— I’d guess it’s none of these for various reasons….

— Mathieu is going to be too expensive. 
— Landry is also going to be too expensive. 

— I think Campbell has played mostly in a 3-4 and wouldn’t be a starter for the Colts. 

— Beasley is one of the strongest and loudest anti-vaxx players in the NFL.   Hard to see that happening. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

i think Bradbury makes something around $13-15 mill per.    Why do you feel good about our chances?   

I should say I feel good about our chances if we are indeed interested in doing a trade with them.  I dont think Ballard tries to make the acquisition if hes not comfortable with those numbers or maybe his ability to get them to take on a portion of his salary. I dont think Ballard is the type to make this move knowing he doesnt have a chance of being in the ball park. Its not like we dont have any capital to put a deal together. Bradleys had some pretty good cover corners in his schemes. He may require a bit different athlete than Eberflus. We may have to look at paying a bit more. It doesnt appear they may be demanding much draft capital wise.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I should say I feel good about our chances if we are indeed interested in doing a trade with them.  I dont think Ballard tries to make the acquisition if hes not comfortable with those numbers or maybe his ability to get them to take on a portion of his salary. I dont think Ballard is the type to make this move knowing he doesnt have a chance of being in the ball park. Its not like we dont have any capital to put a deal together. Bradleys had some pretty good cover corners in his schemes. He may require a bit different athlete than Eberflus. We may have to look at paying a bit more. It doesnt appear they may be demanding much draft capital wise.

I think you’re right.   After responding to your post earlier,  I scrolled up and saw the tweets that gave needed context.   I think you’ve got this nailed. 

We will offer a 6, maybe one of our two 5’s and the Giants will eat a chunk of the salary and lighten the load.   I think this might just happen!      :thmup:

Archived