Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

IOW

tenor.gif 

Sure, if that's what you want to hear.  Granted I know my words or opinions does not affect the team on any decisions they make, which have no affect towards me.  It seems you two don't like the idea of people having they're own take on things, which is the reason to not go back n forth with the both of you

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Sure, if that's what you want to hear.  Granted I know my words or opinions does not affect the team on any decisions they make, which have no affect towards me.  It seems you two don't like the idea of people having they're own take on things, which is the reason to not go back n forth with the both of you

Not at all... As long as they can back them up with valid reasons :thmup:

7 minutes ago, J@son said:

Not at all... As long as they can back them up with valid reasons :thmup:

One crucial thing you're forgetting though is not everyone comes on here looking to debate.  This isn't First Take chief.  Try to let some people have the freedom to express their opinions.  Trust me it'll be a lot less stressful for you

1 minute ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

One crucial thing you're forgetting though is not everyone comes on here looking to debate.  This isn't First Take chief.  Try to let some people have the freedom to express their opinions.  Trust me it'll be a lot less stressful for you

No, trust me... I'm not the least bit stressed.  More like, amused.  I find it funny when people make a declarative statement but refuse to give their reasons for said statement. I also  find it funny you don't want to get in a back and forth about your reasons, but you have no problem getting into a back and forth about not wanting to share your reasons. 

All this tells me you don't actually have any reasons,which to be fair, I already knew. 

tenor.gif 

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

No, trust me... I'm not the least bit stressed.  More like, amused.  I find it funny when people make a declarative statement but refuse to give their reasons for said statement. I also  find it funny you don't want to get in a back and forth about your reasons, but you have no problem getting into a back and forth about not wanting to share your reasons. 

All this tells me you don't actually have any reasons,which to be fair, I already knew. 

tenor.gif 

Lol comical, you are who you are sir, so I'll leave it at that. You have a good Jason!:highfive2: 

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just reaffirms my theory that they feel the problem with the passing game was Wentz and not lack of talent at WR.  Doesn’t mean they will be right but that’s what they are thinking.

Wentz made Everyone look worse than they were. Even Pittman.
 It will appear so obvious, even most of our Cavemen here will see it!

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What happened to adding competition because Parris is always injured. I guess that would be Coutee. Which isn’t a bad I option I guess.

The adding competition will likely come from the draft.    I’m not a betting man, but I believe it will be pick 42, out first overall selection. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We needed better  WR with Rivers and Luck  too.  We shouldnt be using Wentz as the Crutch to say we don’t need better.

We’re not using the crutch pointing at Wentz.    No Colt official has blamed Wentz publicly. 

We’re simply saying our young wide receivers have had time to grow and they’re going to get more opportunities now.   Both Ballard and Frank have said they like our young guys. 

It wasn’t Wentz’s fault that TYH got hurt.   Or that Pascal had his worst year.  Or that Campbell got hurt again.   Stuff happens.   But the young guys need an opportunity and we’re about to give it to them. 

40 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

That’s fine but in a forum format if you come on and make your opinion known people are going to respond to it.  They might ask you questions or challenge it or say hey here’s my opinion in response.  That’s sorta how this works.  It’s not really a place to come on and say here’s how I feel now don’t respond to it.  If you don’t want to debate then don’t.  Just don’t respond.  You have that control.

30 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Not a potential left tackle?

Fair question.   And there might be someone there that we like.   But if we’re really pushing to go all in on this year, and if we’re trying to get Ryan more weapons, I think WR is the way to go.  I think a LT won’t be ready to start this year, but will next year.  Don’t think we want to draft someone who won’t play very much. 

Honestly, I think we go LT with our first pick in 2023 if Pryor doesn’t work out.   I think we focus on Ryan’s eventual replacement in 2024.   I think MR will be our QB for longer than a year or two. 

We needed better  WR with Rivers and Luck  too.  We shouldnt be using Wentz as the Crutch to say we don’t need better.

Exactly. Look at these other teams with upper tier WRs. We don't have anything close to that. A lot of these top tier QBs had an elite WR to throw to. Allen-Diggs, Mahomes-Hill/Kelce, Brady-Evans/Godwin, Herbert-Allen/Williams, Burrow-Chase/Higgins, Rodgers-Adams. Prescott-Lamb/Cooper.

43 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s fine but in a forum format if you come on and make your opinion known people are going to respond to it.  They might ask you questions or challenge it or say hey here’s my opinion in response.  That’s sorta how this works.  It’s not really a place to come on and say here’s how I feel now don’t respond to it.  If you don’t want to debate then don’t.  Just don’t respond.  You have that control.

tenor.gif 

I bet we don’t get much news this week about any additional signings either the Owners meetings going on and everyone down in Florida.

Ballard needs a little vacation time after all the upgrading  of the roster. Plenty of time left to find our LT,WR,TE,CB and FS. Right now it's party time in FLA. Time to hit the beach and enjoy the sun!!!!

Monday Morning Mondays GIF by Gifs Lab

44 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

John Cena Point GIF by Nickelodeon

14 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Exactly. Look at these other teams with upper tier WRs. We don't have anything close to that. A lot of these top tier QBs had an elite WR to throw to. Allen-Diggs, Mahomes-Hill/Kelce, Brady-Evans/Godwin, Herbert-Allen/Williams, Burrow-Chase/Higgins, Rodgers-Adams. Prescott-Lamb/Cooper.

What do you mean? We have Dulin and Strachan?

17 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Good post.   Fair post.     :thmup:

Yea, that's a no sir.  It's a way to have a conversation without the need to attack, unfortunately their response wasn't a challenge.  It was an attack on a harmless statement.  I welcome all responses but will not entertain a negative aggressive response such as theirs.  That's just how I roll, and I'm fine with that.  I enjoy reading other people opinions whether I agree or not, and encourage more people to share their thoughts on different topics without having the fear of being attacked by other posters

6 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Yea, that's a no sir.  It's a way to have a conversation without the need to attack, unfortunately their response wasn't a challenge.  It was an attack on a harmless statement.  I welcome all responses but will not entertain a negative aggressive response such as theirs.  That's just how I roll, and I'm fine with that.  I enjoy reading other people opinions whether I agree or not, and encourage more people to share their thoughts on different topics without having the fear of being attacked by other posters

tenor.gif 

My favorite thing is when people share their opinion and then write - Period. As if they have just laid down the definitive word on the matter and all conversation is thereby over. It's ridiculous. Period. :funny:

58 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I agree that some people on this forum could respond to other people's posts with a little more civility without attacking their views. Something as simple as I disagree and think this would be a better alternative for this reason. I have had people start out responding to my posts by stating that they are "trash" or "ridiculousness nonsense." Is this really necessary? How about I am not sure I understand your point of view. Or, this is how I feel about that. I get it that it is annoying when some posters make blanket statements like they know everything and that what they say is the gospel truth, just tell them why you disagree with them without making it so personal. I think most people on here want to start conversations, share ideas and information about our favorite team, and maybe even debate topics, but I don't believe most people want to argue or be combative.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Most of those you mentioned were not acquired through FA and neither was Wayne, Harrison, Clark, in the Manning years.  I think Holder or one of the others already mentioned there is a plan to draft at least 1 wr.

11 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I agree that some people on this forum could respond to other people's posts with a little more civility without attacking their views. Something as simple as I disagree and think this would be a better alternative for this reason. I have had people start out responding to my posts by stating that they are "trash" or "ridiculousness nonsense." Is this really necessary? How about I am not sure I understand your point of view. Or, this is how I feel about that. I get it that it is annoying when some posters make blanket statements like they know everything and that what they say is the gospel truth, just tell them why you disagree with them without making it so personal. I think most people on here want to start conversations, share ideas and information about our favorite team, and maybe even debate topics, but I believe most people don't want to just argue or be combative.

This is 100% what I am simply trying to say.  It's not a problem to have a conversation about an opinion, but just don't start by completely attacking and disregarding it.  You can't build a strong community by hammering people, when we are all here for the same reason.  Our love for the Colts

25 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

My favorite thing is when people share their opinion and then write - Period. As if they have just laid down the definitive word on the matter and all conversation is thereby over. It's ridiculous. Period. :funny:

My favorite thing is when someone has a high emotional response to a post they see online, writes an inflammatory post to counter it, and then thinks better of it.  And then presses delete, delete, delete, delete, delete....

Remember the gold rule of social media:  Don't press send.

"Listen much, say little, write nothing" -- J. Pierpont Morgan

Archived