Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TY made 10 mill last year, and many are against this but of he would be willing take like a 1 yr 6 Mill deal (pay cut) I would do that as well. He's worth 6 Mill or so and with Ryan at QB he will produce.

Not me.  I would rather trade for Parker pay him 9M.  Three years younger that TY. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Colts fans in here: We need an Edge that can rush the QB, Edge is the most important position on defense.

Ballard: Ok I traded Rock for a very good Pass Rusher.

Same fans saying we need a very good Pass Rusher: We traded Rock for a very good Pass Rusher, Ballard doesn't have a clue?? lmao . This site is comical at times. That was a great trade, get over it.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Facyson had many more passes defended and many more tackles.

And an int. where Rock had zero.

Rock started 8 games and we all saw the improvment. He stayed with guys downfield and quit grabbing. He was solid and i was very much looking forward to having him next season.
 People will look forward to picking at Facyson next season. He is going to enjoy a better pass rush than Rock had. Today, i am tickled with our position.

Trust in Bradley ya know.

That’s fair, definitely shouldn’t have said the numbers prove it. I just know Facyson scored as one of the lowest pff graded corners while Rock was had a really solid grade.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some Colts fans in here: We need an Edge that can rush the QB, Edge is the most important position on defense.

Same fans saying we need a very good Pass Rusher: We traded Rock for a very good Pass Rusher, Ballard doesn't have a clue?? lmao . This site is comical at times. That was a great trade, get over it.

Lol what?

I said that I think Rock is better and you take that as saying Ballard doesn’t have a clue and that it was a terrible trade?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did I bring you up? I seen a few in here after we made the trade and they bashed it. I didn't even mention you lmao 

You didn’t, but I’m the only one who said Rock was better than Facyson today and you go on a sort of tirade about that opinion right after I make that post, so yeah I assumed you were referring at least in part to me.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will win the division with him as long as our LT play is better and we get 1 more playmaker on offense. He is so much better than Wentz and Tannehill. 

The way I see it is we should win our division with a good record.  The other two divisions will beat each other up.  Their won loss records will be weaker than ours. We should have a great chance at home field advantage.  That was the Patriots MO for many years.  I could see it repeating with the Colts.  Get Ryan that other weapon on offense and we should be good to go.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

lol I’m the only one who said Rick was better than Facyson today and you go on a multi post tirade about that opinion, so yeah I’m pretty sure you were referring at least in part to me.

I was talking about us trading Rock for Yannick to why I won't miss Rock. As far as Rock and Facyson goes, it is probably a wash but I can see how some could say Rock is better. My point was we needed a Pass Rusher so we had to give up Rock to get it.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

The way I see it is we should win our division with a good record.  The other two divisions will beat each other up.  Their won loss records will be weaker than ours. We should have a great chance at home field advantage.  That was the Patriots MO for many years.  I could see it repeating with the Colts.  Get Ryan that other weapon on offense and we should be good to go.

Same here, I could see us going 12-5 and getting HFA like Tennessee did last year because everyone else will beat up on each other. 

Just chatting now, i am not a fan of Landry overall. O Beckham has had his issues too. But Beckham seems to have grown up enough to be a good teammate.
 So IF his much preferred Rams don't pay him, and Ballard gets him here, how should we feel about that? Of course he might get say $36M Guaranteed over two years and additional restructuring of our contracts would come.
 And i would think this would lock us into only very low $ FA for any additional starters or depth. 

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don’t think it’s fans not liking the trade. Of course the majority of fans would prefer Yannick over Rock. It’s more that Ballard has done basically nothing to better the CB position after dealing Rock. I’m not expecting big things from Facyson and Rhodes is vastly declining. Moore and Rodgers are best suited inside due to their size. 

12 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Just chatting now, i am not a fan of Landry overall. O Beckham has had his issues too. But Beckham seems to have grown up enough to be a good teammate.
 So IF his much preferred Rams don't pay him, and Ballard gets him here, how should we feel about that? Of course he might get say $36M Guaranteed over two years and additional restructuring of our contracts would come.
 And i would think this would lock us into only very low $ FA for any additional starters or depth. 

The only thing that worries me me about Beckham is the recovery he is facing

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was talking about us trading Rock for Yannick to why I won't miss Rock. As far as Rock and Facyson goes, it is probably a wash but I can see how some could say Rock is better. My point was we needed a Pass Rusher so we had to give up Rock to get it.

Ah yeah, I hear ya. It was a good trade end of the day. Rather pay a good pass rusher than a solid corner, that’s for sure.

14 hours ago, rjbalchusa said:

It makes little difference who is playing QB unless we have some significant upgrades at wide receiver.

Who's playing QB absolutely makes a difference. Really good QBs often elevate the WRs on their team. Its entirely possible that Wentz was just that bad at times and made them look even worse than they are. I mean Matt Ryan made Russell Gage look good. I feel like Wentz didn't utilize guys like Hines and MAC anywhere near as much as he could have, whereas Ryan really will. That added dimension can really help the rest of the WR as well.

20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I don’t think it’s fans not liking the trade. Of course the majority of fans would prefer Yannick over Rock. It’s more that Ballard has done basically nothing to better the CB position after dealing Rock. I’m not expecting big things from Facyson and Rhodes is vastly declining. Moore and Rodgers are best suited inside due to their size. 

Free Agency is far from over and we haven't even had the draft yet.

7 minutes ago, Shive said:

Who's playing QB absolutely makes a difference. Really good QBs often elevate the WRs on their team. Its entirely possible that Wentz was just that bad at times and made them look even worse than they are. I mean Matt Ryan made Russell Gage look good. I feel like Wentz didn't utilize guys like Hines and MAC anywhere near as much as he could have, whereas Ryan really will. That added dimension can really help the rest of the WR as well.

bbc series 25 GIF by Top Gear

Of course it matters who is playing QB.  The pass protection will look better with Ryan getting rid of the ball quicker, guaranteed.  Ryan will take the easy money, hit receivers in stride and let them run.  Unlike Wentz, Ryan hopefully shows up in the bigger moments.

That said, it's still going to be the Taylor show.  Everyone, including Ryan, knows that, and with Ryan you should hopefully be able to do some business in play action.

15 hours ago, rjbalchusa said:

It makes little difference who is playing QB unless we have some significant upgrades at wide receiver.

Wrong, a good to great QB can make many WR's look better than what they are. We went 11-5 with Rivers who was good and we didn't have 1 great WR on that team. Matt Ryan will be fine. He is a good QB and I think he will utilize Hines to the fullest.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t know enough about him. Is he good? Ballard may have to use trades since it took so long to sign a QB.

Very good in Carolina, but kinda average in New York. To be fair the Giants are terrible

Archived