Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, CR91 said:

None of our free agents have signed big contracts.

Pascal, AQM, Glowinski have all signed contracts that might give us comp picks. Fisher is another one who might give us a comp pick. TY Hilton... Mack was reported to be visiting the Texans too... we have tons of FAs.

There is a huge potential for a lot of comp picks for the Colts.

5 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Fair enough   But imagine what the team would look like if one of us were running it.  

I believe there are probably some football fans, and even posters on this forum that given all the staff and resources NFL GMs have that would be successful. Many would fail, but many  GMs fail now. 

37 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Well there won’t be anyone left by that point. I don’t think that is what he is talking about. 

Glow signed a good contract.

There will be players available past the draft. We are entering a phase in FA where ALL teams are doing the same comp pick calculations and are waiting...

Julio Jones is one FA we don't need to wait for since he was released by his team. 

Just now, esmort said:

Yeah but do we actually want him...I am not a big fan of that potential move.

Depends on the price. I am willing to give it a try and hope he stays healthy... or at least hope we get him healthy for when it matters. IMO when he's healthy he still has some good football in him. 

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Pascal, AQM, Glowinski have all signed contracts that might give us comp picks. Fisher is another one who might give us a comp pick. TY Hilton... Mack was reported to be visiting the Texans too... we have tons of FAs.

There is a huge potential for a lot of comp picks for the Colts.

Comp.picks are based on the size of the contract and level of FA lost. All the free agents that were signed were to small contracts expect for maybe Glow

29 minutes ago, esmort said:

Hopefully its not Julio Jones thar would be such a let down ... "wait for it, wait for it" and then Julio Jones...bleh

Don't want Julio either, but he could atleast teach up Pitt and let him know what Ryan likes and what he expects on certain routes

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Depends on the price. I am willing to give it a try and hope he stays healthy... or at least hope we get him healthy for when it matters. IMO when he's healthy he still has some good football in him. 

Hopefully he does if we end up with him. I didn't think he looked good even when he was healthy for the titans.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Don't want Julio either, but he could atleast teach up Pitt and let him know what Ryan likes and what he expects on certain routes

If we get him that would be a plus, but I don't know if I would waste a roster spot and salary cap on that. Especially when we have Reggie there to help him and all the WRs now.

19 minutes ago, esmort said:

If we get him that would be a plus, but I don't know if I would waste a roster spot and salary cap on that. Especially when we have Reggie there to help him and all the WRs now.

Reggie is obviously a big help, but Julio has a lot more experience with Ryan and timing is always what takes the longest to get on the same page. I'm just saying Julio can help get Ryan and Pitt comfortable together faster.

8 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I would absolutely love Watson on the Colts. The guy could be a stud, as he is very agile and fast for a WR his size. 

I highly doubt he would be available at 2.42 . Probably goes at the end part of day 1.

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard may know more than any of us, but it's been proven by his 41-40 record the last 5 years that he is an average GM record-wise and doesn't know much more than the other GMs. The same 31 other GMs that are signing hundreds of FAs the last week+ and are essentially saying "these players are good enough for us" by signing them. When Ballard signs 1 FA out of over hundreds of already signed FAs when we started with the most cap, I tend to take the other GMs opinions on this.

So are you going to say that Ballard knows more than 31 other GMs? It's the chicken and the egg here. You can agree with Ballard to bash negative people, but I can agree with 31 other GMs to prove that a vast majority of the most qualified people in the world probably know more than one single GM trying to be contrarian in Ballard.

If you go through each teams FA signings only a very small few have improved their teams more than the Colts by locking in the players they have so far. IMO, the vast majority of the players signed so far are middling starters and backup level types. 
 There are still a considerable number of quality starters available and IMO we are not desperate for any of them.

Absolutely we really want at this point some serious comp at LT, CB, S, but there are still Many good backups/depth out there.
 CB WILL bag several more solid pieces, maybe even a starter or two.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Comp picks?

The time new signings stop being counted towards the comp picks formula is the week after the draft. This might mean we might need to wait a month or so before we sign free agents.

This doesn't apply to FAs who were released by their teams, only for ones whose contracts expired.

I would highly doubt it. The two we are probably interested in were released by their teams.  Tyrann and Jarvis.  It’s all about the money being offered if you ask me.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would highly doubt it. The two we are probably interested in were released by their teams.  Tyrann and Jarvis.  It’s all about the money being offered if you ask me.

Say what, his post said they wouldn't count. Just for fun, how much do you think your two want to sign? Maybe $15M per for TM, and $10+ for Jarvis.
 And then how high is Ballard offering knowing the guaranteed $$$ is what counts? I can't see TM as our single high S, and have my doubts they feel strongly about him in the box and chasing TE's. Maybe?
 And i don't see us being interested in Jarvis, but possibly at some point, post draft for $8M or less. A WAG of course based on diddle.  :jump:

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Comp.picks are based on the size of the contract and level of FA lost. All the free agents that were signed were to small contracts expect for maybe Glow

Comp picks are based on the contract and on snaps played. Both Glowinski and AQM got contracts that usually give you comp picks. For example, Jacoby's contract was 5M contract and it gave us a 6th compensatory. Autry got 7.5M contract and it gave us a 5th compensatory. The last player that gave his ex-team a compensatory pick this year was Joe Haeg who had 2M contract. 

So far our FAs signed by other teams are:

- Mark Glowinski - 6.3M contract

- AQM - 4M contract

- Pascal - 1.5M contract - probably won't give us a comp pick... 

30 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Mathieu was not released. He is a true FA and will count toward compensatory picks formula.

22 minutes ago, stitches said:

Comp picks are based on the contract and on snaps played. Both Glowinski and AQM got contracts that usually give you comp picks. For example, Jacoby's contract was 5M contract and it gave us a 6th compensatory. Autry got 7.5M contract and it gave us a 5th compensatory. The last player that gave his ex-team a compensatory pick this year was Joe Haeg who had 2M contract. 

- AQM - 4M contract

I still don't see it as a reason to not sign players. Guys like Landry Wagner and Julio were released so no harm to the comp formula. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

- AQM - 4M contract

George Odum was signed by the 49ers as well although the contract number was reduced significantly from first reports. Overthecap has a nice tool to keep track: https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/

22 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Bottom line. We are a better team now than when we were at the end of the season. 

Really?  Slight upgrade at QB ( Ballard lucked out there...no way was that his plan) Can you please let us uninformed fans know how we are better otherwise?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Really?  Slight upgrade at QB ( Ballard lucked out there...no way was that his plan) Can you please let us uninformed fans know how we are better otherwise?

Thanks

Don't worry, we are better at EDGE too with Yannick. We traded away Rock to get him instead of just signing an EDGE in FA and keeping him, but EDGE is more than important than CB, so we don't need Rock. Everything's good lol. haha 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Say what, his post said they wouldn't count. Just for fun, how much do you think your two want to sign? Maybe $15M per for TM, and $10+ for Jarvis.
 And then how high is Ballard offering knowing the guaranteed $$$ is what counts? I can't see TM as our single high S, and have my doubts they feel strongly about him in the box and chasing TE's. Maybe?
 And i don't see us being interested in Jarvis, but possibly at some point, post draft for $8M or less. A WAG of course based on diddle.  :jump:

I think we paid TY 10 or 11m last year.  Jarvis is younger and better imo.  I would guess 13 or 14m for Jarvis.  TM at 15 or 16 sounds about right.  At least half guaranteed I would think. JMO.

9 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Thanks

Don’t forget about Yannick.  An experienced and a very successful ER.  What everyone has been screaming for.  He will have a bigger impact on the defense than Rock would have had.  Big upgrade on the defense imo.  Btw Ryan is a huge upgrade at quarterback.  Not even close.

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don’t forget about Yannick.  An experienced and a very successful ER.  What everyone has been screaming for.  He will have a bigger impact on the defense than Rock would have had.  Big upgrade on the defense imo.  Btw Ryan is a huge upgrade at quarterback.  Not even close.

Yes, hopefully Yannick is an upgrade but that depends on Kwity getting better.

Other than that, we have question marks at CB, Safety,LT , RG, REC, and TE. That's the current reality.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yannick has been consistant  everywhere he has played. It will have nothing to do with Kwitty.

Yannick also had Crosby who drew more attention on the opposite side last year. So it does have something to do with Kwitty stepping up his game.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Your going to find out yannick will not be used close to the line. It won’t be like what we are used to. We still have Buckner on the inside.

Oh..I didn't know you are on DC Bradley's staff. Thanks for sharing. I feel so much better now.

Archived