Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I actually wouldn’t mind him as a backup to Ryan. Just good insurance.

Ultimately you may end up being right...... However

The first question is, how do they see Sam Ehlinger......  If they think Sam Ehlinger is the future, then let it play out, and give the kid some more time to carry a clip board

BUT.....  I think the Colts MIGHT view Ehlinger as a career backup

If THAT is true.....  I would like to use a mid round pick on another QB (Someone like Strong or later even Zappe) MIGHT still be on the board with the 4th round pick (or 5th)

I think we have 2 years, maybe 3 for Matt.  At some point, we need to get the QB of the future on our roster, even if its a lottery ticket.....  you cant win if you dont try

IMHO......  We arent winning if QB1 goes down..... why not use that spot on a developing rookie ?

38 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The first question is, how do they see Sam Ehlinger......  If they think Sam Ehlinger is the future, then let it play out, and give the kid some more time to carry a clip board

If THAT is true.....  I would like to use a mid round pick on another QB (Someone like Strong or later even Zappe) MIGHT still be on the board with the 4th round pick (or 5th)

I think we have 2 years, maybe 3 for Matt.  At some point, we need to get the QB of the future on our roster, even if its a lottery ticket.....  you cant win if you dont try

IMHO......  We arent winning if QB1 goes down..... why not use that spot on a developing rookie ?

IMHO…….. We can win with a competent QB2 if Ryan goes down.  We are in a division that is very winnable now that we have Ryan.  Every game is important.  Just today Cowherd picked us to win the division.  I would bet he won’t be the only one.  I would hate to see us compete all year then have Ryan miss a few games and we lose with Sam.  Sure develop a rookie or Sam he practically is anyway but find a veteran to hold down that number 2 spot.  Dalton, Foles someone who can win.  That’s the right thing to do for players on the team who are giving their all to win every game.  A rookie there will most surely cost us in a close division race.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

How do they view James Morgan ? 2020 4th round pick ( 125 overall), he was a much higher pick than Sam 2021 6th round (218 overall) and just a year before. At the time word is Colts were split between Morgan and Eason who were very similar types and chose Jacob at 122 , 3 spots before Morgan went off the board.  

14 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

How do they view James Morgan ? 2020 4th round pick ( 125 overall), he was a much higher pick than Sam 2021 6th round (218 overall) and just a year before. At the time word is Colts were split between Morgan and Eason who were very similar types and chose Jacob at 122 , 3 spots before Morgan went off the board.  

Like they did Eason lol.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Like they did Eason lol.

Eason never picked up how to read defenses, Morgan had struggled with it in the past as well so very possible they see him much the same but are they seeing him learning and improving is the question. We will find out

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We don’t know that about Eason because he played like 5 snaps. 

Fans might not but the people that matter do and that all that matterswhy don't we we move on let it go GIF by Obama

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

The coaches know that about Eason and why the left him exposed for Seattle to take.

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

14 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

The coaches know that about Eason and why the left him exposed for Seattle to take.

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Fans might not but the people that matter do and that all that matterswhy don't we we move on let it go GIF by Obama

Of course they know..... that's why they gave Brissett $30 million haha

21 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

You never know until they play.  How many years are there training camp stars that fail in the regular season. Or guys who are great when real games start but don’t look great in TC. And no 5 snaps in a game don’t count.

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Of course they know..... that's why they gave Brissett $30 million haha

Brissett looks like Manning compared to Eason...Jacoby just scared to make mistakes so waits until players are open resulting in less plays (Though NFL all time lowest int %).

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

I have no idea if they saw them as a fit

IMHO, we have our QB for 2 and maybe 3 years

We have a bit of time to develop a player that needs growth that MIGHT be the QB of the future

Its a crapshoot 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Yea definitely don't like the depth we have for our O-line right now

We actually had very good depth last year. Now we have none. Maybe because it was such good depth is why some like Odum left. They earned their pay day. Nerf a backup tackle if Pryor starts. Maybe that comes in the draft. We have one healthy safety. Only two on the roster. We need another vet CB 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just read an article today linking us to Jarvis Landry.  Why to they keep teasing us like this.  Have they no shame or mercy.  Lol

Probably 90% of the rumors end up being wrong

It will be an interesting 60 days

I would be surprised if the first pick wasnt a WR......  but then again.....  I am NEVER right on who they pick  :)

30 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You never know until they play.  How many years are there training camp stars that fail in the regular season. Or guys who are great when real games start but don’t look great in TC. And no 5 snaps in a game don’t count.

Well you see, there's this time that coaches are able to get together with players. The coaches run players through certain drills and set up scenarios for the players to 'role play'. The coaches use this time to evaluate how the players perform in these concocted scenarios. I know it sounds silly, but some coaches actually believe these evaluations are important and they use them to deem a player worthy of playing time and even to determine whether a player merits maintaining a spot on the roster. 

It's craziness for sure. 

19 minutes ago, J@son said:

Well you see, there's this time that coaches are able to get together with players. The coaches run players through certain drills and set up scenarios for the players to 'role play'. The coaches use this time to evaluate how the players perform in these concocted scenarios. I know it sounds silly, but some coaches actually believe these evaluations are important and they use them to deem a player worthy of playing time and even to determine whether a player merits maintaining a spot on the roster. 

It's craziness for sure. 

Surprise Zing GIF by Big Brother

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Whaaaaat?  You mean coaches and General Managers have more access to information about players than fans?  You are crushing the hopes and dreams of would be NFL General Managers on the internet everywhere…

54 minutes ago, J@son said:

It's craziness for sure. 

Pfft practice doesn’t matter or everyone would do it.  Oh wait…

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Whaaaaat?  You mean coaches and General Managers have more access to information about players than fans?  You are crushing the hopes and dreams of would be NFL General Managers on the internet everywhere…

This is the problem. The "appeal to authority" crowd always bashes a negative person by trying to compare them to a GM or coach and says that they lack the knowledge of them. In reality, the negative person rarely, if ever thinks that. They compare our GM or coach to 31 other GMs or coaches and wonders why our GM or coach doesn't change philosophy and do what works on winning SB and playoff teams.

You may be right that negative people on a forum aren't smarter than Ballard and Reich, but those same people are also right that Ballard and Reich aren't as good as most of the other 31 GMs and coaches. Both can be simultaneously true at the same time. 

43 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I'm just guessing that we're waiting for the second tier of free agency.

Always been curious is there a time of day, a bell or whistle that signals the start of the second tier 

Is it a particular player that is out there that is first tier that is holding this up 

why can’t we just start the second tier moves now lol

Archived