Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Agree, people in and around the league don’t seem to think the Colts are as bad as some here do.  I think that comes from fans following everything Colts and thus flaws tend to stick out more and maybe a little overvaluing the previous QB while others think the QB was holding them back.

24/7/365 is way to much time to focus on one thing

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Agree, people in and around the league don’t seem to think the Colts are as bad as some here do.  I think that comes from fans following everything Colts and thus flaws tend to stick out more and maybe a little overvaluing the previous QB while others think the QB was holding them back.

You have to realize, there are a few in here that believe if we don't have an all-star team we will stink. As long as we have a good QB, good RB, a Defense that creates turnovers, and a good O.Line we will be fine. We have playmakers = Pittman and Hines, we still have the draft as well.

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Every elite QB has elite weapons. A elite pass catcher  can do just as much good as a QB.  Your not in it to win if you don’t give the QB help. Colt fans have been saying we need weapons for years. We had to go sign inman off the streets with luck because they were not good enough. No way you can look at other teams and think the Colts pass catchers are good enough.

And yet I recall you saying there’s still the draft in regards to pass catchers: 

We better hope so though. Because imo it’s always a fools errand to rely on the draft, just like last year when people were hoping we’d fix our pass rush through the draft. And we had to trade away a good CB just to shore up that up this year. 

And now here we are hoping for a stud draft pick and a big leap from Patmon or Strachan. And I hope we get it, because if not we’re gonna have a bottom of the barrel group again. Same with TE, gotta bank on Granson improving or a good draft pick. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Every person I have heard in National media talks about how bad the colts pass catchers are and they better get Ryan help.

There is more to a team than WRs which is what we were talking about.  I’ve said I expect them to draft a WR and tightend so I agree those positions need upgrades there.   I do think a new QB will make them look a little better.  Look at the offense under Rivers. More use of the running backs and others underneath.  I’d love to see Hines re-emerge with Ryan.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

There is more to a team than WRs which is what we were talking about.  I’ve said I expect them to draft a WR and tightend so I agree those positions need upgrades there.   I do think a new QB will make them look a little better.  Look at the offense under Rivers. More use of the running backs and others underneath.  I’d love to see Hines re-emerge with Ryan.

Your not winning without great WR. You can have the best defense in the world bur if you can’t score your not winning.

Yes Ryan will make them look better but that doesn’t mean we don’t need to get better.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hines will have a big year that is why I am not panicking. JT is the best RB in the league and some seem to think that it doesn't matter homer simpson anger GIF

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

And yet I recall you saying there’s still the draft in regards to pass catchers: 

We better hope so though. Because imo it’s always a fools errand to rely on the draft, just like last year when people were hoping we’d fix our pass rush through the draft. And we had to trade away a good CB away just to shore up that up this year.

And now here we are hoping for a stud draft pick and a big leap from Patmon or Strachan. And I hope we get it, because if not we’re gonna be bottom of the barrel again. Same with TE, gotta bank on Granson improving or a good draft pick. 

Like I said I will wait and see what he does in the draft. To tell you the truth I would rather draft them in higher rounds then FA. But I don’t trust Ballard not to wait until the sixth round. We will see.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have to realize, there are a few in here that believe if we don't have an all-star team we will stink. As long as we have a good QB, good RB, a Defense that creates turnovers, and a good O.Line we will be fine. We have playmakers = Pittman and Hines, we still have the draft as well.

They also have Taylor who is maybe the biggest playmaker of them all.  I am also looking forward to see if Granson can make a big second year jump if so he could be a playmaker as well.  If Campbell can ever stay healthy he’s one as well.  With that said Campbell should NOT be counted on.  He’s an added bonus.  Add another good WR in the draft and I think they will be okay.  Not elite but a good group and with Matt Ryan and the running game that might very well be good enough.  

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Like I said I will wait and see what he does in the draft. To tell you the truth I would rather draft them in higher rounds then FA. But I don’t trust Ballard not to wait until the sixth round. We will see.

I’m in wait and see mode, like you. I’d be super disappointed if we don’t grab a WR in round 2, unless great LT or DB drops to us.

Even then, it seems obvious that we need to take the best WR prospect who drops to our first pick. Ballard can’t miss on the next Metcalf/AJ Brown again.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Bingo

200.gif

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Your not winning without great WR. You can have the best defense in the world bur if you can’t score your not winning.

Yes Ryan will make them look better but that doesn’t mean we don’t need to get better.

Tell that to the Pats who won how many Super Bowls without a great WR?  Ironically the years where they had one, Moss, they didn’t win.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They also have Taylor who is maybe the biggest playmaker of them all.  I am also looking forward to see if Granson can make a big second year jump if so he could be a playmaker as well.  If Campbell can ever stay healthy he’s one as well.  With that said Campbell should NOT be counted on.  He’s an added bonus.  Add another good WR in the draft and I think they will be okay.  Not elite but a good group and with Matt Ryan and the running game that might very well be good enough.  

Your not winning the SB on the back of a running back. Go look at RB stats  in the playoffs. The RB is there to set up pass plays and wear down a defense.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hines will have a big year that is why I am not panicking. JT is the best RB in the league and some seem to think that it doesn't matter homer simpson anger GIF

I think at this point they more take Taylor for granted than think he doesn’t matter which is also unfortunate because even if he has a great year it probably won’t be as great as last year.  That was a career year.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Your not winning the SB on the back of a running back. Go look at RB stars mara in the playoffs. The RB is there to set up pass plays and wear down a defense.

That’s not what I said but ok.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

As good as Pittman is teams don’t even fear him. Let’s get some pass catchers that put fear into a defense.

Not to mention you can’t have just one guy that team’s can double. You gotta have two threats in the passing game. And a RB in Hines doesn’t count.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly reminder from TigerTown   

This is not Madden

It isn’t. But tbf people had the same questions about our pass rush last year and rightfully so. Sometimes it’s how it looks on the surface. 

I think Ryan will make our WR’s look better than Wentz did, but that’d also mean he’d make better talent look even better. So, it’s a double edged sword.

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It isn’t. But tbf people had the same questions about our pass rush last year and rightfully so. Sometimes it’s how it looks on the surface. 

I think Ryan will make our WR’s look better than Wentz did, but that’d also mean he’d make better talent look even better. So, it’s a double edged sword.

It is not any of our business to worry about the team makeup

it gets you nowhere fast

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TY Hilton for 6 Mill a year would be a good deal. That is cheap.

I think 6 mill would be the top number TY would be offered. I'm no expert but I'd say around 4 with some incentives to reach around your number.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Philly won the SB in 2017, Pats in 2018, what great WR's did they have? Same game.

Philly had better receivers than we do... and Brady, Belichick, & Gronk alone are better than anything we are fielding + Ryan =/= 2022 Brady, let alone 2018 Brady. 

21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is not any of our business to worry about the team makeup

it gets you nowhere fast

Then what’s the point of a fan forum?

I know you’re pretty staunch in your support, and that’s admirable, but you gotta realize the whole point of a fan forum is to voice your opinion. This place would be absolutely worthless if it was 100% “it’s not my business what we do, and I’m okay with that.”

It’s not like anybody thinks they’re gonna change Ballard’s opinion. It’s all about voicing one’s opening on what they think.

Just now, esmort said:

Philly had better receivers than we do... and Brady, Belichick, & Gronk alone are better than anything we are fielding + Ryan =/= 2022 Brady, let alone 2018 Brady. 

What great WR's did Philly have? Pats had Edelman and Gronk outside of that not much. Gronk is great but a TE, Edelman is good. I have to be honest I can't even remember 1 WR that stood out on the 2017 Philly team haha 

Archived