Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Anyone know how many players we’ve actually signed?

We had a ton of free agents, right? Do we still need to sign some 20+ players to even fill out the 53 man roster or are we just not hearing anything on no-names?

The Colts have 59 players signed at the moment. I believe they can have 90 when camp starts. Only the top 51 salaries count against the cap.  They will sign more players.  Draft more players and add UDFA’s to get up to that number. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No idea where Shaad gets his info but he had that one yesterday. Seems like he has sources from throughout the league, not just with the Colts... He's beating national reporters by full day now.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

No idea where Shaad gets his info but he had that one yesterday. Seems like he has sources from throughout the league, not just with the Colts... He's beating national reporters by full day now.

His brother is the dline coach for Rams. So that one makes sense. Who knows where he gets the colts info.

Couple of quotes from Gus Bradley at his previous stop.

FS Position:

"It's hard to find a free safety that we're actually looking for," Bradley said when he was asked

about safety traits. "The guy that can run from red line to red line and he can do all these things.

It's just hard."

On DE Yannick Ngakoue:

"He's always been a pro. I mean a meticulous notetaker. You wouldn't know that about Yannick. He's in there. Attention to detail. He's a very, very prideful man and he's always been that part of it. I think what I'm seeing him do more now is he's helping everybody. He's helping younger players. It's very important for us to be a strong unit, those type of conversations with him. But he's very focused."

LEO: This is a weakside EDGE defender. They should be one of the two best pass rushers on the team. They should be athletic enough to quickly rush up the field from a wide alignment. They don’t have a true LB playing to their side so they should not be a poor run defender.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Tampa and LA would disagree. ( Last 2 Super Bowl champs) Statistics show that in recent years ,teams that spend the most in free agency improve by 5 wins 

Tampa added a HOF QB. That’s pretty much they key to it. Gronk added mediocre stats and a RB that did a little I guess. Draft was good for them with a few FA moves they made a year or two prior. They didn’t go on a spending spree. Rams have been majority trades. 

1 hour ago, Dobbinblitz said:

quotes from Gus Bradley

On DE Yannick Ngakoue:

"He's always been a pro.  You wouldn't know that about Yannick. He's in there. Attention to detail. He's a very, very prideful man and he's always been that part of it. I think what I'm seeing him do more now is he's helping everybody. He's helping younger players. It's very important for us to be a strong unit, those type of conversations with him. But he's very focused."

LEO: This is a weakside EDGE defender. They should be one of the two best pass rushers on the team. They should be athletic enough to quickly rush up the field from a wide alignment. They don’t have a true LB playing to their side so they should not be a poor run defender.

Always been a pro..... Hmmm..,he bypassed pee wee, High School, and college ??? 

haha

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know what makes the chiefs think the jags want to get rid of Shenault

I mean, they've got Marvin Jones and just brought in Christian Kirk and Zay Jones. I don't think any of those 3 really move the needle as a WR1, but Shenault may end up the odd man out, depending on how the coaching staff views him. Since he's on the last year of his rookie contract, they may try to get some draft capital for him. They're most likely not re-signing him with the WR contracts they just handed out either.

I don't think it's a good idea, but :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I mean, they've got Marvin Jones and just brought in Christian Kirk and Zay Jones. I don't think any of those 3 really move the needle as a WR1, but Shenault may end up the odd man out, depending on how the coaching staff views him. Since he's on the last year of his rookie contract, they may try to get some draft capital for him. They're most likely not re-signing him with the WR contracts they just handed out either.

Yes it’s filled with WR2 and 3s, it’s all about their OL and schemes to protect Lawrence at the end, IMO. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

They probably know something that the media and fans don't know about his availability. It sounds like it could be possible anyway that he would be available with the Kirk and Zay Jones signings. It's kind of a Devante Parker situation, except people aren't talking about it right now because Shenault is only 23 and it's the Jags.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

For what it’s worth this is not his last year under contract. Next year is. They should most definitely keep him. Dude is far better than Zay Jones and Marvin who has age on him. 

16 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

His brother is the dline coach for Rams. So that one makes sense. Who knows where he gets the colts info.

This is Seattle realizing that they are going to have to dish out serious money to Metcalf in the new inflated WR market. They gave Lockett at 4-year, $69.2 million extension last year (17.3/year); but may not be so lucky comparatively with Metcalf. Lockett would likely be the cheaper acquisition if a team absorbed his existing contract.

36 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If the Colts end up signing Julio or even TY, they really are not trying to win. It's all just really getting silly at this point

If the Colts don’t sign anyone at WR, that’s not going to help them win either. 

Sign a vet, and draft a WR. Unless they plan on drafting 2 WR to help this team.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Whoever thought that arguably the two best receivers in the league, D. Adams and Tyreek Hill, would get traded in the same offseason? I think there are no untouchables after that. With that in mind, the Colts should be inquiring about any playmaker they think can improve our team.

1 minute ago, philba101 said:

Whoever thought that arguably the two best receivers in the league, D. Adams and Tyreek Hill, would get traded in the same offseason? I think there are no untouchables after that. With that in mind, the Colts should be inquiring about any playmaker they think can improve our team.

Agreed that they should inquire.

At some point though they should just sign someone. It’s free agency, they keep giving up draft capital when they don’t have to. Now if you can get a proven player for a 5th,6th, or 7th, it could be worth it.

30 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They can still draft.

They can, and they probably will, but the problem is by not filling needs in FA, they are forcing themselves into filling needs in the draft unless something happens quickly. That takes away the BPA strategy and really weakens the possibility of drafting the best possible draft.

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Agreed that they should inquire.

At some point though they should just sign someone. It’s free agency, they keep giving up draft capital when they don’t have to. Now if you can get a proven player for a 5th,6th, or 7th, it could be worth it.

I think Beasley would be a good FA sign at this point. We need help in the slot with Campbell's health being an ongoing uncertainty. Beasley is a producer when healthy which is what the Colts desperately need. Ballard is more likely to re-sign Hilton instead to a cheap 1-year deal.

14 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I think Beasley would be a good FA sign at this point. We need help in the slot with Campbell's health being an ongoing uncertainty. Beasley is a producer when healthy which is what the Colts desperately need. Ballard is more likely to re-sign Hilton instead to a cheap 1-year deal.

I would rather trade for Parker.  Could probably get him for a 5th and you could restructure if you want as well.  Beasley has too much anti vax baggage that could be keeping teams away. 

Archived