Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

44 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Contract isn't expensive either. He has two years left with 9 mil on average

Plus, Parker might end up being the 5th option behind Hill, Waddle, Gesicki and Chase Edmonds that they recently signed. He may actually be happy to get out of there to be honest.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs got more value in draft picks for Hill than the DaVante Adams trade, technically speaking.

I prefer the two firsts Packers got personally.   Raiders aren’t guaranteed to make playoffs in the AFC gauntlet so could be talking about a mid-level first in 2023.  That’s valuable.  

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

What a random offseason of shocking deals in both the Davante Adams and now Tyreek Hill trades. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for teams that are big time Super Bowl contenders in GB and KC. 

What it does say is how much they love this WR class and how well college WR are being developed. It’s starting to be a cap saving movie like what is happening with RB.

What a random offseason of shocking deals in both the Davante Adams and now Tyreek Hill trades. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for teams that are big time Super Bowl contenders in GB and KC. 

This is what happens if you give boat loads of money to your QB in the $40 million stratosphere, rather stay in the $20-30 million middle tier. 

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a "super bowl" contender in the colts according to Ballard not to drop the cash on playmakers that win games like the other teams that view themselves as "super bowl" contenders instead of trying out how to give a guard 20mil+ a season... pathetic

Just now, philba101 said:

After T. Hill just reset the top WR market to $30 million, I bet the Browns are thinking they got away with robbery picking up Amari Cooper for $20 million and a 5th round pick before the FA craziness began.

Cooper Kupp is the biggest bargain at $15.75 million per year for non-rookie contracts.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Cooper Kupp is the biggest bargain at $15.75 million per year for non-rookie contracts.

That is quite a bargain. That is why trading for a receiver who might not be happy on their current team might be the new thing. If you can absorb an existing salary it might not be as inflated. You will eventually have to pony-up money when the WR wants a new deal but the restructure could be more cap friendly to the acquiring team.

4 minutes ago, philba101 said:

That is quite a bargain. That is why trading for a receiver who might not be happy on their current team might be the new thing. If you can absorb an existing salary it might not be as inflated. You will eventually have to pony-up money when the WR wants a new deal but the restructure could be more cap friendly to the acquiring team.

Jaguars' next banner - "Bragging Rights For Resetting WR market with the Christian Kirk Contract". I am sure Christian Kirk is going "whew, I am glad Adams and Hill got paid more than me, takes the focus off me for now..." :) 

...and so is extending them a year early like the Rams did with Kupp.

Maybe since Seattle is in a re-build they would like to unload the Tyler Lockett 4-year, 69.2 million contract they gave him last year. Especially since they are trying to extend D.K. Metcalf right now who is probably not going to be cheap once he sees these new inflated market numbers. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

100% agreed. They signed Armstead and traded for Hill. There's two premium players at premium positions right there. Got Edmunds and Mostert at RB, Connor Williams, Cedrick Wilson and Teddy Bridgewater as well. That's just the offense. Maybe it doesn't work out this year. If not, the new QB will have a heck of a team to work with now.

I forgot about Wilson

Maybe since Seattle is in a re-build they would like to unload the Tyler Lockett 4-year, 69.2 million contract they gave him last year. Especially since they are trying to extend D.K. Metcalf right now who is probably not going to be cheap once he sees these new inflated market numbers. 

There have been rumors he was on the trade block. He wouldn’t cost much in draft picks either because of his age.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There have been rumors he was on the trade block. He wouldn’t cost much in draft picks either because of his age.

Thielen might be another option in Minnesota since they are going through a lot of changes.  His cap hit would be $16.6 million.

13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No clue who this is, but he has a checkmark. I would not be behind this. Julio hasn't produced in years.

For once I hope Ballard remains Ballard. We don't need a 33 year old injury prone receiver.

Draft a burner in the draft.

I was hoping Ballard would get Mathieu but I doubt it. We need to improve at corner,safety,LT, WR ,TE. He need to address at least 2 of those before the draft but I doubt he does. Beyond frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I'd be cool with it as long as he can stay healthy. He already has a connection with Ryan. Bring him in!

No more than a 1 year deal for maybe 3 mil. The guy can't stay healthy. I'd rather get OBJ, Jarvis Landry, or MVS.

I think Miami understands what "All-In" means.

QB Teddy Bridgewater: Signed a one-year, $6.5 million fully guaranteed deal that's worth up to $10 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero)

RB Chase Edmonds: Signed a two-year, $12.6 million contract that includes $6.1 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)

RB Raheem Mostert: Signed a one-year deal worth $3.125 million. (Ian Rapoport)

FB Alec Ingold: Signed a two-year deal worth up to $7.5 million. (Tom Pelissero)

WR Tyreek Hill: Acquired in a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for 2022 first-, second- and fourth-round picks, and 2023 fourth- and sixth-rounders. Hill has agreed to a four-year, $120 million extension that includes $72.2 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)

WR Trent Sherfield: Signed a one-year deal. (Tom Pelissero)

WR Preston Williams: Re-signed on a one-year deal worth up to $1.99 million. (Tom Pelissero)

WR Cedrick Wilson: Signed a three-year, $22.8 million deal that includes $12.75 million fully guaranteed. (Mike Garafolo, Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport)

TE Mike Gesicki: Signed the franchise tag.

TE Durham Smythe: Re-signed with Miami. (Team)

LT Terron Armstead: Signing a five-year, $75 million deal that has a max value of $87.5 million. (Tom Pelissero, Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo)

OG Connor Williams: Signed a two-year, $14 million deal that includes $7.5 million fully guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport)

DE Emmanuel Ogbah: Re-signed on a four-year, $65.4 million deal that will pay him $32.7 million over the first two years. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)

LB Duke Riley: Re-signing on a one-year, $3 million deal. (Cameron Wolfe)

LB Elandon Roberts: Re-signed on a one-year, $3.25 million deal. (Ian Rapoport)

LB Brennan Scarlett: Re-signed to a one-year deal. (Cameron Wolfe)

JMV said he got a text while live right now in regards to the Colts that he hopes is not true. He said he is trying to verify it. 

goes on to say it appears that we will struggle to get Hines & Taylor a lot of action together in 2022 a few minutes later.

Hope it’s not an injury to one of the two

3 minutes ago, philba101 said:

QB Teddy Bridgewater: Signed a one-year, $6.5 million fully guaranteed deal that's worth up to $10 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero)

RB Chase Edmonds: Signed a two-year, $12.6 million contract that includes $6.1 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)

FB Alec Ingold: Signed a two-year deal worth up to $7.5 million. (Tom Pelissero)

WR Tyreek Hill: Acquired in a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for 2022 first-, second- and fourth-round picks, and 2023 fourth- and sixth-rounders. Hill has agreed to a four-year, $120 million extension that includes $72.2 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)

WR Preston Williams: Re-signed on a one-year deal worth up to $1.99 million. (Tom Pelissero)

WR Cedrick Wilson: Signed a three-year, $22.8 million deal that includes $12.75 million fully guaranteed. (Mike Garafolo, Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport)

LT Terron Armstead: Signing a five-year, $75 million deal that has a max value of $87.5 million. (Tom Pelissero, Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo)

OG Connor Williams: Signed a two-year, $14 million deal that includes $7.5 million fully guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport)

DE Emmanuel Ogbah: Re-signed on a four-year, $65.4 million deal that will pay him $32.7 million over the first two years. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)

All this has me thinking Tua in the next FFB draft : )

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

JMV said he got a text while live right now in regards to the Colts that he hopes is not true. He said he is trying to verify it. 

goes on to say it appears that we will struggle to get Hines & Taylor a lot of action together in 2022 a few minutes later.

Hope it’s not an injury to one of the two

Two different topics. He was talking about the Hines/JT on the field at the same time PRIOR to getting the text. He made it sound like they’ve made a new move that he didn’t like. Hinted that it was a trade.

then went back to talking about JT and Hines

56 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

If you don’t think that fans (like myself) aren’t responsible for paying their wages then I guess I don’t know what to tell you. Economics 101

You aren’t.  You pay your money to the Colts which goes to Irsay and the league with revenue sharing when you buy tickets (which is not the largest part of their revenue tv deals are).  So either that money is going to go to Irsay and other NFL owners or the players.  So again, why care how much the players get paid you aren’t paying for it?  The teams are and if they weren’t they would just keep the profit.  They aren’t going to give it back to you if they don’t give it to the players.

using your logic it would be like your employer caring how much you paid for your car. 

10 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Superbowls aren't won in March. Let's see how that team comes together.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Two different topics. He was talking about the Hines/JT on the field at the same time PRIOR to getting the text. He made it sound like they’ve made a new move that he didn’t like. Hinted that it was a trade.

Okay. Hope you are right lol

Miami Dolphins Playmakers vs. Colts Playmakers

J. Waddle-104 receptions, 1015 yards, 6 TD's

D. Parker-40 receptions, 515 yards, 2 TD's in 8 games

1. J. Taylor

2. N. Hines

3. M. Pittman

4. MAC

5. ?????

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well if it’s a trade we should find out soon.

Archived