Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

JMV said he got a text while live right now in regards to the Colts that he hopes is not true. He said he is trying to verify it. 

goes on to say it appears that we will struggle to get Hines & Taylor a lot of action together in 2022 a few minutes later.

Hope it’s not an injury to one of the two

Maybe Hines gets traded 

Here it is:

IU losing an assistant coach. Dan Fife.

now back to regular programming 

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

Maybe Hines gets traded 

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well if it’s a trade we should find out soon.

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Okay. Hope you are right lol

IU lost a coach that’s all it is

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Here it is:

IU losing an assistant coach. Dan Fife.

now back to regular programming 

IU lost a coach that’s all it is

It sure sounded like it was Colts related when listening - He made it sound like a way bigger deal 

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Here's a hint regarding the Phins. Don't be surprised if they trade for Garoppolo or draft a QB next year. 

What they are doing is building the team first and QB last in the model of the Chiefs. Step back and see it for what it is.

Tua, if he gets no better is easily replaced, similar to every QB we have had including Ryan. Only difference, we are not putting pieces in place to complement the QB once that QB is secured.

Again, step back and see it. What it is vs. what we are not

But pieces were already in place.  

Possession Reciever 

Bell cow running back 

Gadget player that can run and catch out of backfield 
Solid OL when healthy

Solid all around TE and promising receiving TE. 

Yes there is room for improvement but a lot of that as made up by trading for a very complete QB. Hopefully we get contribution from Patmon or Campbell and let’s see what the draft brings. I predict we will get a rookie who will contribute on offense, maybe it’s the line or could be a receiver.  

I really feel like it won’t take much to round out the offense so don’t be surprised if majority ofremaining assets are for the defense. 

6 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Julio Jones put up some pretty good stats just 2 years ago. Heck even a year ago it was respectable. I'd like to see if he and Ryan can rekindle that connection.

Jones and Ryan allegedly had a falling out 2 years ago. I don’t think he’s gonna want to come back to Ryan

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Jones and Ryan allegedly had a falling out 2 years ago. I don’t think he’s gonna want to come back to Ryan

So I went back and read some articles when Julio got traded. Ryan raved about him. I did read where Julio made a comment on Twitter I believe... kind of taking a dig at Ryan's arm strength but nothing major. I bet there's a chance he can become a colt.

15 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

So I went back and read some articles when Julio got traded. Ryan raved about him. I did read where Julio made a comment on Twitter I believe... kind of taking a dig at Ryan's arm strength but nothing major. I bet there's a chance he can become a colt.

Oh I bet Julio would rave about Matt now just to get a steady paycheck from the Colts if he doesn't have many other options right now.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard really didn’t want pascal back or Pascal wanted to leave.

My guess is he wanted out. But maybe not. Colts probably would have gave him more than that if he wanted it..

Oh well, Byeee.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Personally I'm glad he's gone. We need an upgrade.

Need a couple upgrades lol.

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Anyone know how many players we’ve actually signed?

We had a ton of free agents, right? Do we still need to sign some 20+ players to even fill out the 53 man roster or are we just not hearing anything on no-names?

I believe Brandon Facyson is the only actual outside FA signing. Ryan and Ngakoue were trades. Everyone else has just be a re-sign. I think with the slowdown of the FA market, we may be waiting until after the draft to sign any FAs. With so many departing FAs, we could stand to get a few comp picks next season if we don't sign anyone else until we hit the deadline.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I believe Brandon Facyson is the only actual outside FA signing. Ryan and Ngakoue were trades. Everyone else has just be a re-sign. I think with the slowdown of the FA market, we may be waiting until after the draft to sign any FAs. With so many departing FAs, we could stand to get a few comp picks next season if we don't sign anyone else until we hit the deadline.

Very few teams are signing FAs

Free Agency has very rarely proving to be a winning strategy. Teams that spend big (i. e. Patriots, Jax multiple times, Browns, Dolphins, etc.) don’t always do great things. Many teams that do well have key draft picks that help more than anything. If a team adds a key guy or two plus a trade that’s different. Rams are a team built through multiple trades with few FA guys.  They know how to manipulate the system I guess haha.  We have holes to fill and the draft plus second half of the off season will help. Ballard likes to do more in FA after the draft plus he likes cut day for some additional guys. Fans here should know by now that big splash moves in FA aren’t his style. I don’t hate it either. Every year large contracts turn into issues for these teams. By this time next year we can see how great the Jags and Dolphins are. 

56 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Rams only team without salary cap?

1 hour ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Can anyone confirm?  Would've liked tyrann football IQ.  Blackmon could pick a thing or two up from him

EC6DA25C-981D-4E4A-A806-4525529506FA.jpeg

I hear the Cowboys, but either way, teams that started out with a fraction of our cap space pick up players, we get a couple trades and fill ins. Apparently, the words "all in" DOESN'T MEAN WHAT I THOUGHT IT MEANT..

55 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Free Agency has very rarely proving to be a winning strategy. Teams that spend big (i. e. Patriots, Jax multiple times, Browns, Dolphins, etc.) don’t always do great things. Many teams that do well have key draft picks that help more than anything. If a team adds a key guy or two plus a trade that’s different. Rams are a team built through multiple trades with few FA guys.  They know how to manipulate the system I guess haha.  We have holes to fill and the draft plus second half of the off season will help. Ballard likes to do more in FA after the draft plus he likes cut day for some additional guys. Fans here should know by now that big splash moves in FA aren’t his style. I don’t hate it either. Every year large contracts turn into issues for these teams. By this time next year we can see how great the Jags and Dolphins are. 

Tampa and LA would disagree. ( Last 2 Super Bowl champs) Statistics show that in recent years ,teams that spend the most in free agency improve by 5 wins 

Archived