Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

Every elite QB has elite weapons. A elite pass catcher  can do just as much good as a QB.  Your not in it to win if you don’t give the QB help. Colt fans have been saying we need weapons for years. We had to go sign inman off the streets with luck because they were not good enough. No way you can look at other teams and think the Colts pass catchers are good enough.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah that’s not going to happen and if Irsay really had a problem with it he would fire him for it.  He clearly doesn’t.  One thing has become clear, the Colts feel their roster is better than some fans do.  Time will tell who was right.

And how has that turned into wins.. Proof is in the record.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

And how has that turned into wins.. Proof is in the record.

That’s what I am saying we shall see what happens this season.  Look would I like to see the Colts sign a star player now and then?  Of course.  However, that’s not Ballard’s MO and it doesn’t look like Irsay has an issue with that, so for better or worse we are going to have to live with this until Ballard leaves or is told to leave.  He’s not going to just resign because the fans don’t like the way he’s building the roster.  Honestly I doubt he cares what the fans think.  He cares what Irsay thinks because he and he alone, can fire him.  It’s fine to not like him for the way he does things but expecting him to do things differently than who he is or wanting him to quit because you don’t like it is just flat out unrealistic.  

By the way Grigson would go out and spend like crazy and that didn’t work either and frankly if you ask most Colts fans they will tell you Ballard is better than Grigson so just going nuts in free agency isn’t a guarantee either.

I don't get where so many people are OK with the WR situation. It's like now we got Ryan, we can roll with just anybody at WR. There are plenty of teams that have good equally good or better QBs and are still stacking weapons for them. We have MPJ and a bunch of jag receivers...thats not the recipe. 

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s what I am saying we shall see what happens this season.  Look would I like to see the Colts sign a star player now and then?  Of course.  However, that’s not Ballard’s MO and it doesn’t look like Irsay has an issue with that, so for better or worse we are going to have to live with this until Ballard leaves or is told to leave.  He’s not going to just resign because the fans don’t like the way he’s building the roster.  Honestly I doubt he cares what the fans think.  He cares what Irsay thinks because he and he alone, can fire him.  It’s fine to not like him for the way he does things but expecting him to do things differently than who he is or wanting him to quit because you don’t like it is just flat out unrealistic.  

By the way Grigson would go out and spend like crazy and that didn’t work either and frankly if you ask most Colts fans they will tell you Ballard is better than Grigson so just going nuts in free agency isn’t a guarantee either.

He makes stars not reap what someone else sowed 

2 minutes ago, esmort said:

I don't get where so many people are OK with the WR situation. It's like now we got Ryan, we can roll with just anybody at WR. There are plenty of teams that have good equally good or better QBs and are still stacking weapons for them. We have MPJ and a bunch of jag receivers...thats not the recipe. 

Not like we’re hurting in cap space. If we were, I would understand focusing on other spots more…

4 minutes ago, esmort said:

There is a difference in being ok with it and thinking they aren’t done yet.  I’ve said more than once I think they are going to add one or two in a very deep WR draft.

48 minutes ago, Bravo said:

TY in talks with Cowboys

Colts organization loves TY, I am speculating that they have laid out the WR plan to him, given him a number if he wants to return, and their blessings if he wants to explore the market. Ballard said they were not done yet in FA, and acknowledged they need to give Ryan what he needs to succeed. There might have been a conversation with TY saying they would add a receiver in FA, and draft at least one more, that Patmon and Strachan will get playing time too, along with Dulin, and his playing time would be depending on availability and how the others perform. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There is a difference in being ok with it and thinking they aren’t done yet.  I’ve said more than once I think they are going to add one or two in a very deep WR draft.

Hopefully... But relying on the the draft to give us an immediate impact receiver is a big risk. Even if the plan is to spend the 2nd on a WR we still should get a good vet (not Julio, TY, etc..level ) ...not that there is much left now. 

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ryan drops back and throws to some guy off the street for a 60 yard td lol

2 minutes ago, esmort said:

Hopefully... But relying on the the draft to give us an immediate impact receiver is a big risk. Even if the plan is to spend the 2nd on a WR we still should get a good vet (not Julio, TY, etc..level ) ...not that there is much left now. 

So is bringing in a high paid receiver. 

Last year all these same people wanted Kenny Golladay. Kenny Golladay got paid too.

Kenny scored a total of 0 TDs last year.

Dezmon Patmon caught 1 TD last year.

Not one of those people wouldve predicted Dez scored more TDs than the great Kenny Golladay. 

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

So is bringing in a high paid receiver. 

Last year all these same people wanted Kenny Golladay. Kenny Golladay got paid too.

Kenny scored a total of 0 TDs last year.

Dezmon Patmon caught 1 TD last year.

Not one of those people wouldve predicted Dez scored more TDs than the great Kenny Golladay. 

Proven FA WR is much less risky than drafting one and expecting them to come in and provide immediate production. Especially when the best WR on your roster is only a borderline #1 (unless he makes a big jump this season). 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Matt Ryan can cover up a lot of holes + we have Taylor and D that creates turnovers.

Are you related to JT? Or just the president of his fan club. :cheer2:  He seems like the the player you base almost every opinion on. How many How many SBs did the Titans win {or play in) with Henry? 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We may not have a choice because of the Cap. I hope we get a another WR that is good and a better LT but that may not happen. It isn't that easy.

They aren’t signing another starting LT.  Ballard has already ruled that out.  The Colts have cap space and ways to create more cap space if they need it.  Cap space isn’t the issue.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you think Taylor isn't impact player lmao . Without Henry the Titans would be average.

I didn't say he wasn't an impact player... He a great RB, glad to have him. But I don't think he is as important as you do, and I don't think he makes up as much the difference of lesser playmskers at receiver as you do. 

Henry didn't get the Titans over the hump. I don't care about above average if we aren't built to be a real contender at SB its meaningless. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you think Taylor isn't impact player lmao . Without Henry the Titans would be average.

Without Henry most of last year, the Titans went 12-5. They actually did very well last year without him because of their defense.

Just now, esmort said:

I didn't say he wasn't an impact player... He a great RB, glad to have him. But I don't think he is as important as you do, and I don't think he makes up as much the difference of lesser playmskers at receiver as you do. 

I disagree but that is ok because you have a different opinion. Why do you think Matt Ryan chose to come here? I can answer that and you know the answer.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I disagree but that is ok because you have a different opinion. Why do you think Matt Ryan chose to come here? I can answer that and you know the answer.

I think the running game definitely played into his decision(not necessarily JT specifically) ... But equally important was probably best of choices left, AFCS, oline, and coach that would put in a system that fit him. 

1 minute ago, esmort said:

I think the running game definitely played into his decision(not necessarily JT specifically) ... But equally important was probably best of choices left, AFCS, oline, and coach that would put in a system that fit him. 

I think we have a good roster overall but of course JT was a good selling point.

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

Agreed. But why would you not want to help out your veteran QB with a talented veteran WR? Makes his job a heck of a lot easier.

Who said he didnt? But your defin. Of a talent im sure is diff than his. If he saw what he wanted im sure hed pounce.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah that’s not going to happen and if Irsay really had a problem with it he would fire him for it.  He clearly doesn’t.  One thing has become clear, the Colts feel their roster is better than some fans do.  Time will tell who was right.

I would add that Matt Ryan stated the sole reason he picked the colts was due to their roster and front office. So to me, that’s saying something

2 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

I hope some of these guys step up and perform well,

Parris Campbell

Ashton Dulin

Mike Strachan

Dezmon Patmon

De'Michael Harris (played well with Rivers)

Can onlllyyyy hope..

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who said he didnt? But your defin. Of a talent im sure is diff than his. If he saw what he wanted im sure hed pounce.

So again, this comes down to the people defending Ballard still thinking he knows better than 31 other GMs in FA this year. I doubt that. I believe a decent portion of the WRs will work out for teams that signed them. Ballard may not want them, but that doesn't mean he's right, it means he's stubborn. That stubbornness is proving to be an outdated philosophy when you look at the AFC we are competing against. 

Whether it's WR or any other position, Ballard has signed one player that hasn't been a trade this offseason. If he doesn't like more than one player enough to go get him out of hundreds of FAs, then I question Ballard more than fans, media, or 31 other GMs that seem to be satisfied enough with these FAs to improve their teams. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I would add that Matt Ryan stated the sole reason he picked the colts was due to their roster and front office. So to me, that’s saying something

Agree, people in and around the league don’t seem to think the Colts are as bad as some here do.  I think that comes from fans following everything Colts and thus flaws tend to stick out more and maybe a little overvaluing the previous QB while others think the QB was holding them back.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Agree, people in and around the league don’t seem to think the Colts are as bad as some here do.  I think that comes from fans following everything Colts and thus flaws tend to stick out more and maybe a little overvaluing the previous QB while others think the QB was holding them back.

Every person I have heard in National media talks about how bad the colts pass catchers are and they better get Ryan help.

Archived