Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Hill just signed a 4 yr 120M deal 

Hey, now Patrick Mahomes will have to actually read a defense, y'all!!! :) 

"You live in the Show Me state, now show me....say the Chiefs to their half billion dollar QB" 

Well, that puts the Dolphins ahead of us in the AFC most likely now.

I would say we are about tied with the Steelers and above the Jets, Jaguars, and Texans. Everyone else in the AFC is ahead of us now IMO. Luckily, we are in the weak AFC South. Unfortunately, the teams behind us have young QBs they can develop and get better and the 1st overall pick in the draft or multiple 1st round picks for multiple years (in the Texans case).

Lets start signing some players please. We have cap room. No more excuses!:thmup:

35 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Personally. I dont want that piece of % anywhere near my team. My feeling are irrelevant, however. But try to imagine Jim telling his daughter that they just signed this guy......

https://www.sportscasting.com/tyreek-hill-brutally-beat-and-choked-his-pregnant-girlfriend-in-college-but-never-saw-any-jail-time/

Well that's new I never knew about.  Well luckily Miami made it an easy decision not to go for him

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Well, now you can add the Phins as a team to rise in the AFC.

Phins have added Edmunds, Hill, Mostert, and secured Geseki. W E A P O N S

Colts have added Matt Ryan and resigned Cox.  :sigh: 

and they have Tua (who is average) as their QB and are still the 3rd best team in their division. We will win our division book it.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

and they have Tua (who is average) as their QB and are still the 3rd best team in their division. We will win our division book it.

It's about trying to better the team. Regardless of outcome, who seems like they are really trying to upgrade in the two I mentioned?

Go ahead, you can say it. We ALL know

Here's a hint regarding the Phins. Don't be surprised if they trade for Garoppolo or draft a QB next year. 

What they are doing is building the team first and QB last in the model of the Chiefs. Step back and see it for what it is.

Tua, if he gets no better is easily replaced, similar to every QB we have had including Ryan. Only difference, we are not putting pieces in place to complement the QB once that QB is secured.

Again, step back and see it. What it is vs. what we are not

What the heck is wrong with NFL clubs paying such ridiculous amounts with draft capital and cap space to sign one player; it is ridiculous beyond my imagination. It’s clear the NFL makes wayyyyy too much money. Wish the fans would start tuning out and make the league bleed…

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

What the heck is wrong with NFL clubs paying such ridiculous amounts with draft capital and cap space to sign one player; it is ridiculous beyond my imagination. It’s clear the NFL makes wayyyyy too much money. Wish the fans would start tuning out and make the league bleed…

Why do you care how much money players make?  It’s not like you are paying them.

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Here's a hint regarding the Phins. Don't be surprised if they trade for Garoppolo or draft a QB next year. 

What they are doing is building the team first and QB last in the model of the Chiefs. Step back and see it for what it is.

Tua, if he gets no better is easily replaced, similar to every QB we have had including Ryan. Only difference, we are not putting pieces in place to complement the QB once that QB is secured.

Again, step back and see it. What it is vs. what we are not

100% agreed. They signed Armstead and traded for Hill. There's two premium players at premium positions right there. Got Edmunds and Mostert at RB, Connor Williams, Cedrick Wilson and Teddy Bridgewater as well. That's just the offense. Maybe it doesn't work out this year. If not, the new QB will have a heck of a team to work with now.

5 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

We’ll products in demand general make a lot of money. Word of advice don’t pocket watch other people and you’ll be fine

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why do you care how much money players make?  It’s not like you are paying them.

I believe he is upset because we can't get those players because the Colts won't do the same as those other teams and it drives the players out of our price range, but he's a huge Ballard supporter so he's trying to justify it as a bad move in the same breath as well so it paints Ballard in a positive light that he's "smarter" than the teams making these trades.

40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It would be unwise to not have a Plan B, IMO. We will otherwise be in WR purgatory for a while. 

Ballard is certainly looking at upgrades at WR.  Obviously not the $30 million tag type, but he’s looking.  I think we will see a  FA wr added as well as possibly draft.  There will be roster cuts as well later.

We’re not gonna get a top FA wr, but i expect some more additions. Pitt is really the inly current WR on roster of starter quality i think.  The loss of Pascal was bigger than most think.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We need speed. Not another X.

Not necessarily. Frank takes maybe a couple of shots down the field with WRs anyways and if your X can get to the 20-25 yard level consistently, that wins in the current NFL. Mike Evans does not run away from CBs, he has an accurate QB that takes full advantage of 1-on-1s when he gets it. Parker is a good split end WR that can play intermediate Z too. Evans comes underneath like an X too, just like Pittman does. 

Frank moves them all around.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Ballard is certainly looking at upgrades at WR.  Obviously not the $30 million tag type, but he’s looking.  I think we will see a  FA wr added as well as possibly draft.  There will be roster cuts as well later.

We’re not gonna get a top FA wr, but i expect some more additions. Pitt is really the inly current WR on roster of starter quality i think.  The loss of Pascal was bigger than most think.

He mentioned yesterday that we we tried to get some but with the QB situation they lost out. The corroborated colts almost had JU JU.

4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Jets offered the 10th pick and 33rd pick. The Chiefs must have some targets 

That’s not what they offered.  Per Schefter:

Chiefs would have gotten picks No. 35, 38 and

Jets would have gotten Hill and No. 103.

2 minutes ago, Nate! said:

That’s not what they offered.  Per Schefter:

Chiefs would have gotten picks No. 35, 38 and

Jets would have gotten Hill and No. 103.

Chiefs got more value in draft picks for Hill than the DaVante Adams trade, technically speaking.

Archived