Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.


NFLfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

si.com: Steelers would pounce on Baker, if he's released.

One problem: si.com's source is Mary Kay Cabot, Browns' cub reporter who, now, is speaking for the Steelers.

Would Baker be an upgrade over Jalen Hurts?

The Eagles have enough draft picks and enough $ for many experiments, and Nick Sirianni was an amateur boxer.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

 

Figures. We Sign Matt Ryan and Ballard still can't go after Armstead. No LTs now other than the draft unless we re-sign Fisher. Pretty much handicapped ourselves again because of not signing anyone. In fact, I don't believe we signed anyone at all after now having Matt Ryan as our QB today.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Figures. We Sign Matt Ryan and Ballard still can't go after Armstead. No LTs now other than the draft unless we re-sign Fisher. Pretty much handicapped ourselves again because of not signing anyone. In fact, I don't believe we signed anyone at all after now having Matt Ryan as our QB today.

What if Ballard never wanted him? The guy has constant injury issues so maybe he didn’t want to spend big for a guy that only plays half the year. Pryor would end up playing a lot anyways so just bypass and let Pryor play. Just my thoughts as CB I guess. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

What if Ballard never wanted him? The guy has constant injury issues so maybe he didn’t want to spend big for a guy that only plays half the year. Pryor would end up playing a lot anyways so just bypass and let Pryor play. Just my thoughts as CB I guess. 

Will Smith Applause GIF

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

What if Ballard never wanted him? The guy has constant injury issues so maybe he didn’t want to spend big for a guy that only plays half the year. Pryor would end up playing a lot anyways so just bypass and let Pryor play. Just my thoughts as CB I guess. 

He may not of. I wouldn't complain if we were signing some players (even depth players would be fine). We aren't even filling needs or anything right now. The team is worse at every position besides QB and EDGE (only because of trades). FA is even worse than normal. We can't afford that without a 1st round pick. Armstead was that guy left. 

 

Maybe this team doesn't fit my personality at all as I'm a gambler and risk-taker in real life, and Ballard is the complete opposite of that. I'm just getting really aggravated at this point with Ballard's stubbornness when most of the NFL have adapted to a more aggressive strategy and we are being conservative. I'll give it til after the draft, but I see this team being worse than last year on paper, and it didn't have to be this way.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Figures. We Sign Matt Ryan and Ballard still can't go after Armstead. No LTs now other than the draft unless we re-sign Fisher. Pretty much handicapped ourselves again because of not signing anyone. In fact, I don't believe we signed anyone at all after now having Matt Ryan as our QB today.

Our offensive line is already really expensive and more coming with Nelson’s extension coming soon. Not the perfect situation but you can’t pay everyone and Nelson should help him out a bit. Or at least I hope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Figures. We Sign Matt Ryan and Ballard still can't go after Armstead. No LTs now other than the draft unless we re-sign Fisher. Pretty much handicapped ourselves again because of not signing anyone. In fact, I don't believe we signed anyone at all after now having Matt Ryan as our QB today.


Ballard said in an interview yesterday that Pryor deserves a chance to start. They aren’t signing another tackle unless it’s for depth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He may not of. I wouldn't complain if we were signing some players (even depth players would be fine). We aren't even filling needs or anything right now. The team is worse at every position besides QB and EDGE (only because of trades). FA is even worse than normal. We can't afford that without a 1st round pick. Armstead was that guy left. 

 

Maybe this team doesn't fit my personality at all as I'm a gambler and risk-taker in real life, and Ballard is the complete opposite of that. I'm just getting really aggravated at this point with Ballard's stubbornness when most of the NFL have adapted to a more aggressive strategy and we are being conservative. I'll give it til after the draft, but I see this team being worse than last year on paper, and it didn't have to be this way.

I think part of the problem is that every year Ballard seems to sign alot of our own.  Part of this is more end of rookie deals than normal due to the “gutting” after Grigs i think.  That should soon balance out a lil.

  But signing our own over “big splash” guys always feels a lil like kissing your sister.  Not that i have cuz i dont have a sister and im in Pennsylvania, not west virginia.  That kind of behavior is frowned upon in the Keystone state.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He may not of. I wouldn't complain if we were signing some players (even depth players would be fine). We aren't even filling needs or anything right now. The team is worse at every position besides QB and EDGE (only because of trades). FA is even worse than normal. We can't afford that without a 1st round pick. Armstead was that guy left. 

 

Maybe this team doesn't fit my personality at all as I'm a gambler and risk-taker in real life, and Ballard is the complete opposite of that. I'm just getting really aggravated at this point with Ballard's stubbornness when most of the NFL have adapted to a more aggressive strategy and we are being conservative. I'll give it til after the draft, but I see this team being worse than last year on paper, and it didn't have to be this way.

We still have time and guys are still available that can help. I do agree though, this team might not fit your personality. Reich going for it on 4th so often should help balance you out though lol.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Figures. We Sign Matt Ryan and Ballard still can't go after Armstead. No LTs now other than the draft unless we re-sign Fisher. Pretty much handicapped ourselves again because of not signing anyone. In fact, I don't believe we signed anyone at all after now having Matt Ryan as our QB today.


ballard pretty much said in his interview with pat that Pryor is going to be our starting LT

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He may not of. I wouldn't complain if we were signing some players (even depth players would be fine). We aren't even filling needs or anything right now. The team is worse at every position besides QB and EDGE (only because of trades). FA is even worse than normal. We can't afford that without a 1st round pick. Armstead was that guy left. 

 

Maybe this team doesn't fit my personality at all as I'm a gambler and risk-taker in real life, and Ballard is the complete opposite of that. I'm just getting really aggravated at this point with Ballard's stubbornness when most of the NFL have adapted to a more aggressive strategy and we are being conservative. I'll give it til after the draft, but I see this team being worse than last year on paper, and it didn't have to be this way.

This is deja Vu all over again. Last year at this time you said you were done with the Colts and were going to concentrate on fantasy football.  Remember? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

This is deja Vu all over again. Last year at this time you said you were done with the Colts and were going to concentrate on fantasy football.  Remember? 

I've been cutting down on this team tremendously. I only watched 5 or so games last year (the primetime games on tv), I haven't watched a single Ballard or Reich interview since the season ended last year (used to watch them religiously), and honestly this FA I've only been checking on the Colts status at the end of each day for the most part because my expectations are so low. I've even cut back on youtube colts content and buying any colts merchandise because I'm more down on this team then I've ever been. 

 

It's hard to quit cold turkey on a team that I used to love since I was 10 years old in 1998. I'm taking steps, but I haven't hit rock bottom yet. I know you want me gone off this board really bad, but I'm not all the way there yet. It took me a while to quit on wrestling once it got terrible, and I've only got there in the last couple years where I feel comfortable looking at highlights and reviews and not feel like I've missed out on anything. Probably another reason is that I have lots of friends who are sports fans, and I don't want to be known as a bandwagoner to them, even though this team is making me miserable with how Ballard operates it.

 

Fantasy football helps, and it's an escape from this team. It's just hard to give up on a 25 year investment that there have been good memories of. Maybe I need to tell my friends how I feel and do what's best for me, no matter what other people think. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He may not of. I wouldn't complain if we were signing some players (even depth players would be fine). We aren't even filling needs or anything right now. The team is worse at every position besides QB and EDGE (only because of trades). FA is even worse than normal. We can't afford that without a 1st round pick. Armstead was that guy left. 

 

Maybe this team doesn't fit my personality at all as I'm a gambler and risk-taker in real life, and Ballard is the complete opposite of that. I'm just getting really aggravated at this point with Ballard's stubbornness when most of the NFL have adapted to a more aggressive strategy and we are being conservative. I'll give it til after the draft, but I see this team being worse than last year on paper, and it didn't have to be this way.

Ballard is gambling too! He's betting that Pryor is our LT.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've been cutting down on this team tremendously. I only watched 5 or so games last year (the primetime games on tv), I haven't watched a single Ballard or Reich interview since the season ended last year (used to watch them religiously), and honestly this FA I've only been checking on the Colts status at the end of each day for the most part because my expectations are so low. I've even cut back on youtube colts content and buying any colts merchandise because I'm more down on this team then I've ever been. 

 

It's hard to quit cold turkey on a team that I used to love since I was 10 years old in 1998. I'm taking steps, but I haven't hit rock bottom yet. I know you want me gone off this board really bad, but I'm not all the way there yet. It took me a while to quit on wrestling once it got terrible, and I've only got there in the last couple years where I feel comfortable looking at highlights and reviews and not feel like I've missed out on anything. Probably another reason is that I have lots of friends who are sports fans, and I don't want to be known as a bandwagoner to them, even though this team is making me miserable with how Ballard operates it.

 

Fantasy football helps, and it's an escape from this team. It's just hard to give up on a 25 year investment that there have been good memories of. Maybe I need to tell my friends how I feel and do what's best for me, no matter what other people think. 

No, don't want you off the board. I complain about Ballard too. He's really good at trades but doesn't play the free agent game at all.

You obviously became a fan during the Manning years so you're spoiled. I've been a fan for 50+ years, so I've seen much..much worse. You should try living through the Marty Domres, Bill Troup and Mike Pagel years. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Ballard is gambling too! He's betting that Pryor is our LT.

 

  Pryor was effective. But at 330 reported pounds he looked too slow to be able to maintain blocks like the best players do, or to be able to get after guys at the second level or to be able to chase would be tacklers out in space. Fisher really got after them in the run game. Was fun to watch that.

 Ballard, in his presser said Pryor would get his shot, but we would be looking at opportunities in the draft or otherwise at the position.

 What he also said was that Pryor was committed to doing what they asked him to do. That is what Grover did. Pryor needs to drop 15 lbs and get himself in the best shape of his life. We are going to find out just who and what Matt Pryor is made of.

 Gooooooo Matt! It is your chance to be in the big lights.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

  Pryor was effective. But at 330 reported pounds he looked too slow to be able to maintain blocks like the best players do, or to be able to get after guys at the second level or to be able to chase would be tacklers out in space. Fisher really got after them in the run game. Was fun to watch that.

 Ballard, in his presser said Pryor would get his shot, but we would be looking at opportunities in the draft or otherwise at the position.

 What he also said was that Pryor was committed to doing what they asked him to do. That is what Grover did. Pryor needs to drop 15 lbs and get himself in the best shape of his life. We are going to find out just who and what Matt Pryor is made of.

 Gooooooo Matt! It is your chance to be in the big lights.

I’m sure they’ve informed Matt he’s gonna start LT, and it’s time to get it going and be ready. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m sure they’ve informed Matt he’s gonna start LT, and it’s time to get it going and be ready. 

 

 He doesn't have the resume to be Given that position. There will be compeition of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 He doesn't have the resume to be Given that position. There will be compeition of course.

Obviously they feel some kind of way about him and his abilities to not go after an established LT with an extensive injury history or resign Fisher. They could get one in the draft, but my gut says it’s Matt starting day one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Holder says this is sense he is getting. He said not speculation so I assume this is what he is being told.

 

 


Holder with the “what fans aren’t considering” line as usual.

 

No, no, we get it. We also just know they were confident in Fisher last year, and that it’s a bold strategy to rely on filling important positions without a 1st. I’m sure they’re confident in WR, LT, CB, and TE, but we do need talent there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Figures. We Sign Matt Ryan and Ballard still can't go after Armstead. No LTs now other than the draft unless we re-sign Fisher. Pretty much handicapped ourselves again because of not signing anyone. In fact, I don't believe we signed anyone at all after now having Matt Ryan as our QB today.

Armstead is hurt more than you would be if you lined up as our starting LT.  Only thing that "figures" is people here whining about everything the Colts do, or do not do.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If your a team with your long term answer at QB you give that up for him. Colts aren’t on position to give up 1st round picks for a WR.

No, no you don't.  If you're not wanting to be an NFL GM, you give that up for Hill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...