Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This might be Ryan’s way of saying trade me without actually asking for a trade so he stays looking like the good guy.

I think you are right as they are probably not interested in giving him any kind of long-term deal at this point (and he knows that). The question is, will he want a similar commitment from the team he is headed to? If so, the Colts might be out on that.

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

I think that the Falcons have to pay Ryan his roster bonus.  But don't quote me on that.

Correct.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I want to say that kind of think can be part of the trade deal, but it seems that they're wanting whoever trades for him to pay the bonus.

3 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

Another person linking Mathieu to Colts and this time saying it is down to the Colts and Cowboys as some other outlets have claimed. We shall see. 

Here is what that negotiation will look like. Mathieu sits down and reviews the Cowboys offer and says. Alright. He reviews the Colts offer and laughs. Negotiation over.

There is a very critical article article on the Colts spending in free agency over on the Sportscasting website. I am not posting the article because foremost, I am a long time diehard Colts Fan, it is a long offseason, and I don't believe the Colts are done making moves.

10 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Here is what that negotiation will look like. Mathieu sits down and reviews the Cowboys offer and says. Alright. He reviews the Colts offer and laughs. Negotiation over.

But why would they get Mathieu when they already have Hooker?

Ay this point, I really don't care who we get at QB. With the Laissez-faire attitude Blard has towards the FA QB's there must be a guy or 2 they like and feel they can get in the draft. Unfortunately, this strategy makes it nearly impossible to lure FA's here. I heard Mathieu is deciding between the Colts and Cowboys, he'd be insane to choose a team with no QB at this point in his career so I'd be shocked to get anyone worthwhile. We should be able to get a quality ILB, RB, and maybe another DB since the market has dried up considerably for them. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

I do.  Let’s face it.  Ballard and Reich have to get the QB that can get the Colts back on track asap.  Ryan’s the best option.

Ryan doesn't put us back on top 

They compete and most likely lose 1st round 

They better give up no more than 3rd

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I do.  Let’s face it.  Ballard and Reich have to get the QB that can get the Colts back on track asap.  Ryan’s the best option.

I like the idea of bringing in Matt Ryan. What I don't like is the notion that we will "sell out" to get him. That makes me think multiple 1st or 2nd round picks.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol. This had to be Ballard.

Wouldn't shock me in the least, but I don't think Mayfield's salary is bad at all to where they'd have to give us a pick to take on his salary.

1 minute ago, Robin said:

2009 disagree 

...and 2014 as well when we went to the AFCCG. If being on top means winning SB all the time, only a few teams can claim that. I would definitely trade places with the KC Chiefs with 4 consecutive AFCCG appearances with 2 SB appearances with 1 SB win and 1 SB loss.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I want Ryan, but if we have to give up a good pick or even multiple, that’d make our FA look even worse in hindsight.

There is no possibility of life beyond 2 years with Ryan, there is with Baker or Jimmy G to give up "some" draft picks for ROI, IMO. All may crash and burn after 2 years still but with Ryan, it is pretty much definite that he fades in 2 years, and knowing that, we can't assume such a contract AND pony up draft picks. Hope the Falcons give us a 2nd or 3rd  rounder for him, for us to assume his contract. :) 

Archived