Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Almost has to be the Seahawks at this point.

Maybe Buccaneers. TB12 can't defeat Father Time forever.

Or, is Baker safer than Trey Lance?

Or even Mariotta?

And obviously Baker wasn't offered to Houston, but is Baker safer than Davis Mills(who's also had injuries)?

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Almost has to be the Seahawks at this point.

Seahawks, that Carroll wants to be run oriented, has to be a front runner here. Panthers are stuck with $18 mil. guaranteed to Sam Darnold and no one is going to take that on.

2 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Or even Mariotta?

And obviously Baker wasn't offered to Houston, but is Baker safer than Davis Mills(who's also had injuries)?

I mean as a starter, I don’t think Baker is interested as a backup (even if that’s his only option)

If the 49ers don’t think Lance is ready they will just keep Jimmy.

If the Falcons wanted him I think they would have gone and gotten him and not Mariotta.

If the Texans wanted him he would have been included in the Watson deal.

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That would have been my second choice too, assuming he'd be able to participate in OTAs and camp.

If I were a fly on the wall, I would guess this big board was possible for Ballard

1) Carr - Not available/too expensive

2) Wilson - Quickly became too expensive.

3) Ryan - Made it happen

4) Jameis Winston - Injured to begin offseason/season

5) Marcus Mariota - Replaced Ryan

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean as a starter, I don’t think Baker is interested as a backup (even if that’s his only option)

If the 49ers don’t think Lance is ready they will just keep Jimmy.

If the Falcons wanted him I think they would have gone and gotten him and not Mariotta.

Backup could be his only option

5 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Or even Mariotta?

Why do I get the impression that Brady will defeat Father Time and play forever? Not a good feeling....

Baker may not have been offered to Houston.

At that time, Browns had more leverage, and may have wanted Baker out of the conference. Now the Browns keep looking increasingly damaged.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Backup could be his only option

Doesn’t mean he’s gong to be happy about it or open to it which could very well turn teams off to him.  Real or not he is already viewed as having an attitude problem and teams aren’t exactly going to line up to trade for a guy with that and then being even more unhappy he’s going to be a backup.   

Just now, waterdog said:

Baker may not have been offered to Houston.

At that time, Browns had more leverage, and may have wanted Baker out of the conference. Now the Browns keep looking increasingly damaged.

Houston had Cleveland over a barrel and they knew it had they wanted Baker he would have been in that trade.  

Doesn’t mean he’s gong to be happy about it or open to it which could very well turn teams off to him.  Real or not he is already viewed as having an attitude problem and teams aren’t exactly going to line up to trade for a guy with that and then being even more unhappy he’s going to be a backup.   

One of the biggest things turning teams off is the asking price

Same reason Jimmy G hasn’t been moved

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

One of the biggest things turning teams off is the asking price

Same reason Jimmy G hasn’t been moved

And his attitude isn’t going to help.  That’s my point he doesn’t have much of a market right now.  It was reported the Colts and Panthers didn’t want him and both need a QB.  So if they weren’t interested I don’t think many others will be either.  

29 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

notes to take from this:

- Pryor is most likely our startling LT

- still looking for options for WR in FA and the draft

- colts did reach out to some WR FA targets but not having QB dissuaded them from coming to us 

Ballard looked like he had a caffeine high or something with his shaking (or someone with nicotine withdrawal) :) 

Would not mind TY back on a 1 year contract and a Will Fuller to stretch the field (as long as his hammy stays stretched too :)). The rest from the draft. To me, Kyle Rudolph fits the bill like a Jack Doyle with his run blocking. Blake Jarwin who played for the Cowboys might be a good addition too.

Houston had Cleveland over a barrel and they knew it had they wanted Baker he would have been in that trade.  

I'm not sure if Cleveland had anyone over a barrel, with NFC South competitors, but you're probably right that the Texans didn't want Baker

Just now, waterdog said:

I'm not sure if Cleveland had anyone over a barrel, with NFC South competitors, but you're probably right that the Texans didn't want Baker

I didn’t say Cleveland had Houston over a barrel I said Houston had Cleveland over a barrel.  Cleveland announced they were out and then they realized they had damaged things with Baker too much to repair it and had to just keep offering until Watson and the Texans said yes.  If they wanted Baker he’d be there.

Shannon Sharp, former Bronco & Raven, said "NO MAJOR INJURIES" describing Deshaun Watson. His co-host, a reporter named Skip Bayliss, didn't correct Shannon Sharp's claim.

Watson tore his right ACL, in practice, rookie year(2017).

Google says Watson tore his left ACL in November 2014.

Are torn ACLs minor injuries?

(maybe they are if they're someone else's knees...not my knees)

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I didn’t say Cleveland had Houston over a barrel I said Houston had Cleveland over a barrel.  Cleveland announced they were out and then they realized they had damaged things with Baker too much to repair it and had to just keep offering until Watson and the Texans said yes.  If they wanted Baker he’d be there.

...sorry I misidentifed the barrel owner(if any)

36 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Watson caused Browns vs Baker tension plus Falcons vs Ryan tension, and we benefited from that with Matt Ryan. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Watson caused Browns vs Baker tension plus Falcons vs Ryan tension, and we benefited from that with Matt Ryan. 

No complaints there.  There is a lesson here for teams.  Get the new guy before your old guy finds out or it puts you in a bad spot.

Archived