Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Then what’s the point of a fan forum?

I know you’re pretty staunch in your support, and that’s admirable, but you gotta realize the whole point of a fan forum is to voice your opinion. This place would be absolutely worthless if it was 100% “it’s not my business what we do, and I’m okay with that.”

We’re all going nowhere fast on this board. Whether it’s 100% support or 100% dissent.

It is March there are so many other things that take priority like

1. Perth Lynx(WNBL Finals)

2. NCAA Basketball

3. Chicago Cubs 

4. Miami Marlins

5. IHSAA Spring Sports

6. Las Vegas Aces

7. IndyCar Racing

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t say stop caring.  You can care without worrying.

This doesn’t even make sense. Just because people are not liking moves does not mean we are worried. Football doesn’t make me worried. I have enough stuff to worry in my life that is a lot more important then football. Stuff that most of  you guys can’t even imagine. People need to stop with the stop  worrying stuff. I don’t think anyone is worried about  a game of football. Do we care yes.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This doesn’t even make sense. Just because people are not liking moves does not mean we are worried. Football doesn’t make me worried. I have enough stuff to worry in my life that is a lot more important then football. Stuff that most of  you guys can’t even imagine. People need to stop with the stop  worrying stuff. I don’t think anyone is worried about  a game of football. Do we care yes.

1.  You don’t like when others tell you to stop with something so please don’t do it to others.

2.  You were the one equated worrying to carrying when swapped out worrying for caring in your response to Princeton.  I am just saying you can care and not worry if you agree, which judging by this post you do, then it should make sense.

15 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Then what’s the point of a fan forum?

I know you’re pretty staunch in your support, and that’s admirable, but you gotta realize the whole point of a fan forum is to voice your opinion. This place would be absolutely worthless if it was 100% “it’s not my business what we do, and I’m okay with that.”

It’s not like anybody thinks they’re gonna change Ballard’s opinion. It’s all about voicing one’s opening on what they think.

Feels Channel 9 GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

1.  You don’t like when others tell you what you can and can’t talk about so don’t do it to others.

2.  You were the one equated worrying to carrying when swapped out worrying for caring in your response to Princeton.  I am just saying you can care and not worry if you agree, which judging by this post you do, then it should make sense.

Your the one who said people were worried that wasn’t me. 

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t say stop caring.  You can care without worrying.

I care so little about my teams that this winter I have watched multiple Perth Lynx games with breakfast or stay up late to watch games live from Australia 

During the Summer Olympics I didn’t go to sleep the night of the 3x3 GM game

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is March there are so many other things that take priority like

1. Perth Lynx(WNBL Finals)

2. NCAA Basketball

3. Chicago Cubs 

4. Miami Marlins

5. IHSAA Spring Sports

6. Las Vegas Aces

7. IndyCar Racing

That’s cool, it’s good you have all those interests outside the Colts.

Like me, I’m definitely following the tourney, unfortunately I’m not into those others. I’m a big movie buff though. So, it’s Oscar season for me, catching up on all the movies I haven’t seen (it’s a weak year for movies though imo). Tons of Oscar classics in TCM though.

Not as much fun to discuss movies though as much as it is the Colts offseason though. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What great WR's did Philly have? Pats had Edelman and Gronk outside of that not much. Gronk is great but a TE, Edelman is good. I have to be honest I can't even remember 1 WR that stood out on the 2017 Philly team haha 

Ertz, Agohlor, and Alshon Jeffery... The fact you can't remember them and they are better than our receiver group tells you what we are working with. 

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I said he was good.  However, just about anyone will tell you if he’s your number one WR you don’t have an elite group of WRs.

Ours isn't elite either... and we don't have Brady and Belichick.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

And that’s cool, it’s good you have all those interests outside the Colts.

Like me, I’m definitely following the tourney, unfortunately I’m not into those others. I’m a big movie buff though. So, it’s Oscar season for me, catching up on the movies I haven’t seen (it’s a weak year for movies though imo). 

Not as much fun to discuss movies though as much as it is the Colts offseason though. 

Discussing it is one thing stressing about is another

Most of things I listed are very personal to me

One great thing I think that will happen because we have Ryan is I do think we will use Hines more in the passing game. I don’t think it’s going to be all just short dump offs and YAC either . Look how Patterson was used by Ryan this year. It was down the field passes. Ryan has always had RB with a ton of catches. So I do think that will help some.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

One great thing I think that will happen because we have Ryan is I do think we will use Hines more in the passing game. I don’t think it’s going to be all just short dump offs and YAC either . Look how Patterson was used by Ryan this year. It was down the field passes. Ryan has always had RB with a ton of catches. So I do think that will help some.

Yes I am very much looking forward to Hines returning to the offense.  I don’t disagree that this team needs more playmakers than last year I just think they have at least one that can progress, one who who needs to stay healthy (and shouldn’t be counted on), and one that vanished from the offense after being a star the year before.  I don’t think Frank forgot about him I just don’t think Wentz liked to check it down.  With Ryan back there I expect to see Hines return to the level he was with Rivers and if you play him in the backfield with Taylor that’s going to be hard to stop regardless of who is the WRs (and yes I’d like to see another WR added).

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Discussing it is one thing stressing about is another

Most of things I listed are very personal to me

That’s fair. No matter what I post on here or what opinion I have on the team, it doesn’t impact me beyond that. But while I’m here it’ll probably sound like it. Probably the same way for some others too.

Movies are a different story though.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I have posted this probably 10 times already and it just gets ignored. Hines will have a career year with Ryan.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have posted this probably 10 times already and it just gets ignored. Hines will have a career year with Ryan.

I don’t think it’s being ignored as much as people read that and go yeah I can see that happening and move on.  Normally around here if people agree with you they just move on without doing anything.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think it’s being ignored as much as people read that and go yeah I can see that happening and move on.  Normally around here if people agree with you they just move on without doing anything.

Yeah, I’ll chime in on that and say you’re right on.

I’d expect to see another 50-60 reception season for Hines, since we have a QB who won’t inexplicably ignore the wide open RB.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I expect Hines to do at least what he did with rivers but I think it might be more. He talked about before the season he wanted more down the field stuff and he had been working  on it hard. Reich had to change  the offense so much with Wentz it never happened. Hines didn’t even get the short ones like he did with rivers. Patterson was used by Ryan as a actual receiver.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pittman is as good as any of them was my point. Of course I know who Ertz and Jeffery are lmao 

I agree but he's only one... and the receivers after him are???... So unless a couple magically make a huge jump our receivers are not even as good as Philly's... and there are even more very good QB/receiver combos you have to go through on the AFC now to get to SB. There is a reason some WR's got stupid contracts this year, and the good teams are stacking them... It's an arms race and we are lagging way behind the "super powers

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I expect Hines to do at least what he did with rivers but I think it might be more. He talked about before the season he wanted more down the field stuff and he had been working  on it hard. Reich had to change  the offense so much with Wentz it never happened. Hines didn’t even get the short ones like he did with rivers.

That is what bugged me about Wentz, Wentz is very talented but his short passing game and getting the ball out quick was mediocre. He just couldn't figure it out. Ryan's strength is that.

2 minutes ago, esmort said:

I agree but he's only one... and the receivers after him are???... So unless a couple magically make a huge jump our receivers are not even as good as Philly's... and there are even more very good QB/receiver combos you have to go through on the AFC now to get to SB. There is a reason some WR's got stupid contracts this year, and the good teams are stacking them... It's an arms race and we are lagging way behind the "super powers

I still think we will pick someone else up or draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. Hard telling.

49 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is not any of our business to worry about the team makeup

it gets you nowhere fast

A new QB, DC, and bunch of young players that need game experience, so Some get it that we have work to do to get better with the players that we

already have. 

We go to battle with the players we have. We have a competitive team today. And more help is coming. 

Archived