Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Local Beat Writer Floats This Idea

sb41champs

An Indianapolis-based radio personality who has cover the Colts for a number of years has floated the idea that the Colts SHOULD NOT extend our All Pro Guard Quenton Nelson - that we have too many other needs to address - and - as good a player as Nelson is - we should move on from what will be a hefty contract for a GUARD.  Took me about 3 days to pick my jaw up off the floor.

A couple of weeks later - he floats the idea of using the combination of QB Carson Wentz - AND - G Quenton Nelson as a trade to the Las Vegas Raiders for QB Derek Carr.

Your thoughts?

14 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

An Indianapolis-based radio personality who has cover the Colts for a number of years has floated the idea that the Colts SHOULD NOT extend our All Pro Guard Quenton Nelson - that we have too many other needs to address - and - as good a player as Nelson is - we should move on from what will be a hefty contract for a GUARD.  Took me about 3 days to pick my jaw up off the floor.

A couple of weeks later - he floats the idea of using the combination of QB Carson Wentz - AND - G Quenton Nelson as a trade to the Las Vegas Raiders for QB Derek Carr.

Your thoughts?

Must be Wells 

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

Your thoughts?

He’s a *

47 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Must be Wells 

Thought he moved to Canada 

6 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Your thoughts?

So u think that the Raiders would trade  Carr for a guard who most likely will want 20 million and a qb who is being discarded? I think not!!

55 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Mike Wells?  I imagine the Brownsburg School Board would discourage student and member daily commutes from Canada......

I think the reference was to a guy named Brad Wells.   I think he used to be on Stampede Blue, but eventually left.   He set up his own media outlet, but he was more heat than light.   More bluster than reason.  

He eventually disappeared and we think he moved to Canada, which may explain some of the strained relations between our two countries of late!    :thmup:

It’s not a good idea to spend what the Colts have spent on C, RT, WILL and soon to be LG when you don’t have an adequate QB, WRs, EDGE rushers, or even a LT period.

Many of the posters on this forum have been pollyannish about the Colts lack of talent in key positions, but now even national media are on to the issue.

How we solve these issues by paying a guard like he’s one of the best LTs in the Multiverse is beyond my comprehension.

I know there are a lot of super duper optimists here that just can’t abide the opinions of others who don’t share their proclivity for rose corrected vision, but Wentz didn’t work out and this thing probably isn’t going to work out with this group of players as a result.

I and many others said years ago Luck set the club back about 5 years and it looks like the club will be In worse shape than we are now 5 years after Luck.

it’s been a clown show so far this off season.  I can’t see a path forward with Wentz.  It certainly would be uncharted territory for a club to show so little confidence then bring a guy back like that and his trade value is certainly lower than last year.

we will be competitive for another year or two, but Ballard is really going to need to unearth some gems that don’t play in the middle of the field this draft and the next or the Colts will be back to where they were in the 80 and early 90s.

14 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Your thoughts?

The Raiders are not that brain dead.

If be up for trading for Carr. I wanted Stafford last year and Carr is the best of the options that seem plausible this year imo.

I wouldn't want Big Q to part of the package but I could see Wentz + next year's 1st being the bulk of the deal. I can't see the Raiders wanting someone like Kelly back. If they were to trade Carr, I imagine they'd want picks and/or young players.

Archived