Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seen all of Wentz I need to see/ Give us 1 good reason to keep Carlson Wentz. (merge)

bleed blue4life

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He wasn’t great bur Reich and the oline did him no favors. He had trouble just getting time to get to his second read.

He has to make decisions faster, that’s what top qb’s do! A lot of qb’s have the physical skills, that isn’t what makes a top Qb.

8 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Jesus Freaking Christ.....

WTH just happened?  

One of the worst chokes ever seen in the last two weeks of the season.

Wentz is a disaster and both he and Reich who brought him to Indy should be fires.

I would rather have a man in a wheelchair behind Big Q then Carson Wentz...

Hope that we will see huge changes tomorrow.  

Dude I appreciate your mad but being blasphemous is not cool

22 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

It’s remarkable how many easy passes he misses.

I’m not being dramatic or hyperbolic:  I saw HS quarterbacks this year that were better than him in that department.  It’s simply inexcusable for a starting QB in the NFL.  And it needs to be conceded and addressed, not pushed off as if it’s our imagination.

Yea slot of times he should have took the check down , but to be fair the whole team looked bad and I think he might have been rattled cause oline sucked and got destroyed 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

He isn’t going anywhere. We have a lot more issues then Wentz.

The Colts have many issues. The biggest of them is at QB. If Rivers was QBing this team this year, they win 11 games minimum.

Sure he doesn't have Wentz's arm but his brain is something Wentz will never have....and your arm is useless if you're brain can't make the right calls.

Alongside Wentz, our receivers outside of pittman are probably the worst in the NFL. Mo Allie Cox isn't a starting TE. Jack Doyle can only run a 2-5 yard stick route. Hines worst season of his career by far. We have nobody on offense outside of Taylor. Pittman is just decent. Something I learned/was reminded of this year: It doesn't matter HOW great the rest of your team is. If you don't have a QB, you don't have a team. So next year, if we go on a winning streak, if that winning streak isn't the direct result of Carson playing lights out, I won't have faith in this team.

5 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Alongside Wentz, our receivers outside of pittman are probably the worst in the NFL. Mo Allie Cox isn't a starting TE. Jack Doyle can only run a 2-5 yard stick route. Hines worst season of his career by far. We have nobody on offense outside of Taylor. Pittman is just decent.

I agree but how can you tell for sure when the QB is continuously late and throwing behind receivers.   The receivers are always well out of their break when he throws.  On most of his bad decisions throwing the ball there’s an open receiver or an open check down.  

8 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Alongside Wentz, our receivers outside of pittman are probably the worst in the NFL. Mo Allie Cox isn't a starting TE. Jack Doyle can only run a 2-5 yard stick route. Hines worst season of his career by far. We have nobody on offense outside of Taylor. Pittman is just decent. Something I learned/was reminded of this year: It doesn't matter HOW great the rest of your team is. If you don't have a QB, you don't have a team. So next year, if we go on a winning streak, if that winning streak isn't the direct result of Carson playing lights out, I won't have faith in this team.

i think wentz is making the guys look even worse than they are .   he just stinks no beating around the bush he is not a starting QB in this league period .   he is cam newton 2.0 the same throws cam misses throwing high are the same throws carson misses .   they are the same guy one good year then gets exposed .

1 minute ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I agree but how can you tell for sure when the QB is continuously late and throwing behind receivers.   The receivers are always well out of their break when he throws.  On most of his bad decisions throwing the ball there’s an open receiver or an open check down.  

I'm pretty sure about my points on Doyle and Cox. Maybe TY would have been a bit better if Carson wasn't as bad but doesn't change the fact he is completely washed up and injury prone. Parris Campbell has been literally non-existant for us. Pascal is a scrub who made his name blocking CB's instead of running away from them.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i think wentz is making the guys look even worse than they are .   he just stinks no beating around the bush he is not a starting QB in this league period .   he is cam newton 2.0 the same throws cam misses throwing high are the same throws carson misses .   they are the same guy one good year then gets exposed .

Why don’t we wait and see what happens in the offseason and how next season goes. We have a lot more issues then just the QB. But yes Wentz has to put in some work too.

14 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Continually to fail at the offensive skill positions thinking all you need is a QB is a recipe for losing. No QBbId going to fix these bad weapons. If Ballard isn’t going to set his QB up to succeed I am really done with him.  It’s not fair to the coach or the QB. Puts way ri much pressure on things to be perfect.

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

The Colts have many issues. The biggest of them is at QB. If Rivers was QBing this team this year, they win 11 games minimum.

Sure he doesn't have Wentz's arm but his brain is something Wentz will never have....and your arm is useless if you're brain can't make the right calls.

Rivers would of been in his second year so yea we would of been better. Rivers also has elite processing skills that’s rare in any QB. Mahomes don’t even have that.

You guys will be better off not dwelling on the past. Let’s look forward and see what Ballard does in the off season and see how year two goes. One year is not a make or break for Wentz.

2 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

We’re in purgatory. Wentz will be back next year and probably won’t be any better. 

He won’t be if Ballard stays ststus quo.

Virtually every member of the organization that set foot on the field or sidelines today stunk.

The loss wasn't all on Wentz, but I dont see him ever being a QB that will lead a team to anything important.

That said, this team needs major upgrades at WR and TE.  JT is amazing, but until the QB can actually complete passes down the field, teams are going to put 8 guys up front and dare Wentz to beat them.

This team has 1 good WR in Pittman and that's it.  Everybody else out there is pretty much roster filler or guys that would be 2nd string on most playoff teams.

For all the praise heaped by some here on Ballard....his roster is .500 over his tenure and has 1 playoff W.  That's not good enough.  Ballard needs to find a way to get more talent on both sides of the ball but especilly guys to help give Wentz a chance to overcome his short comings....a few CB's wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Give your honest answer, if Luck said he wanted to come back next season, would you take him or still roll with Wentz? Even Kurt Warner was much older than Luck is now when he took the Cards to the SB in 2008. Luck is only 32. QB's now days can play until they are 40 with the right team around them. If we had a healthy un-rusty Luck we would win the SB within 2 years. I hope Wentz is reading this but I Believe this. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Give your honest answer, if Luck said he wanted to come back next season, would you take him or still roll with Wentz? Even Kurt Warner was much older than Luck is now when he took the Cards to the SB in 2008. Luck is only 32. QB's now days can play until they are 40 with the right team around them. If we had a healthy un-rusty Luck we would win the SB within 2 years. I hope Wentz is reading this but I Believe this. 

Luck in a flipping heart beat!  He’s not coming back though but miracles do happen lol!

You give Luck these same group of receivers and he’s well over 4000 yards with 30 plus touchdowns.  The exact same group.  He’d probably have more interceptions but teams wouldn’t dare stack the box against Taylor.  Wentz has to get better. Period. Point blank.  

Go get him Ertz to make him comfortable. Don’t know if Ertz is still a hundred plus target tight end but I’m sure he will be with Wentz regardless. Then there will be no more excuses.  Either Wentz hits 4K yards and 30 td’s and wins the division or him and Frank gotta go.  

Archived