Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your NFL Draft Plans?

Ohio Colt

What are you doing Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday?

Thursday night I'll probably watch the draft by myself. Have to work the next day. Want to really soak in all the first round picks as well.

Friday night I'm having over about a dozen guys from work to watch what should be the most interesting part. Saturday afternoon I'll be at a Cincinnati Reds game so I'll need to dvr it and hopefully no one texts me the picks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to do thing I do every year. I'm going to go over to my father in laws house for ribs and beer. I will be optimistic that the Colts pick will be a sure fire probowler, he'll complain about whoever the Bucs pick, and together we will both laugh about whoever the Raiders take. It's been our tradition since the JaMarcus Russell draft. I'm just sad the Raiders don't have a first round selection this year.

What are you doing Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday?

Thursday night I'll probably watch the draft by myself. Have to work the next day. Want to really soak in all the first round picks as well.

Friday night I'm having over about a dozen guys from work to watch what should be the most interesting part. Saturday afternoon I'll be at a Cincinnati Reds game so I'll need to dvr it and hopefully no one texts me the picks.

Sounds like fun! I'll probably just watch the earlier rounds. Maybe get together w a friend, have a few drinks...

I have thought the Friday idea has been flat out horrible. I love football as much as the next guy, but I am not sitting at home on a Friday night to just watch the draft.

I will probably relax after work on Thursday and watch, but Friday will probably be out and about having dinner and drinks with my wife and some other friends. On Saturday I will probably doing things around the house so I will look in every so often to see who was picked or what the Colts got.

I've had some bad luck getting to watch the opening of the draft. A couple years ago I was on a flight that was delayed enough to make me miss it. Last year we had a tornado, had no power, and the draft was the last thing on my mind.

This year I'll be TDY to NY on Thursday but should be able to watch in my hotel room. And I scheduled my flight early enough on Friday to make it home in time for round two.

But, just like the draft, I take nothing for granted.

Thursday night is 'can't miss' television. I am with the Thewholefnshow28 on the Friday, but really want to see it. I will probably orders om Mexican and enjoy a quiet evening. Round 3-7 to me are again 'must see.' Grigson and Telesco will make the Colts with these rounds....exciting stuff.

Lot's of anticipation about this draft. Colts are going in a whole new direction, and I'm ready for this. No more 10 yard cushions for the other teams WR's.

I'll be sitting in front of my TV watching the whole "fn" show. But that's what I do every day. Trouble with being retired is, you never get a day off.

I would start off with our pick and then at the end of round 1 to see who we have left for No.34 on Thursday night.

Friday night would be the most exciting for me because that is where I feel we will look to get immediate starters in a round that is not the first.

They kill the joy of the draft by putting a gazillion cameras on everyone who gets a phone call before the pick is announced, IMO. I prefer to have some uncertainty.

I usually watch all of the first two days and some of the third. My wife actually enjoys it as well for some bizarre reason. I buy my favorite draft guide and notate where each selection is going, pausing to read about those I'm interested in. I'll also pause before the Colts pick and scan the guide to see if I can guess who they will take. This year I'll pay close attention to Broncos information as well.

I start to lose interest during the period where the picks are coming fast and furious and the discussion by the commentators loses all connection to what is actually happening. At that point I'll just tape/pause the thing, and fast forward to anything relevant to the Colts. Actually there is a lot of DVR activity on all three days because I have no intention of sitting there and staring at commercials.

That reminds me that I haven't found the guide I like yet (can't remember the name at the moment - I know it when I see it). I've seen two others that I don't like, but at least I remembered NOT to buy one of them this year. There have been times where I've bought the wrong one first and then got a second, which is a ridiculous waste of money. Some would say that ANY draft guide is a waste of money, but I don't have a laptop - so I can't search while I'm watching tv - and you can't very well jot down "1 - Colts" next to a players info on your computer for future reference. To all you yung-ons out there, for some things "old school" is simply a LOT more satisfying.

----

It would actually be interesting to have a survey about WHAT you will watch. I love the NFL network and Mike Mayock. Informative and fun. The multiple self-important fatheads on ESPN just drive me nuts.

Edited by MAC

I usually watch the coverage on ESPN. A couple of years ago the tension between Tom Jackson and Steve Young was very noticeable. TJ looked like he was ready to knock Steve out because he kept interupting him. I don't know if anyone else remembers that moment?

I agree with Rich Eisen that they need to quit 'spoiling' the surprise of the picks by showing the guys getting calls from the team that's going to draft them. It shouldn't bother me since it's only going to be another couple minutes until they make the official announcement, but it does.

Eisen tried to talk the NFL channel into quiting that practice but I don't know if he was successful.

I usually watch the coverage on ESPN. A couple of years ago the tension between Tom Jackson and Steve Young was very noticeable. TJ looked like he was ready to knock Steve out because he kept interupting him. I don't know if anyone else remembers that moment?

I would keep interupting Jackson too...

Watching the draft with a bucket of KFC...

it became a draft day tradition after the '06 draft...

went to a KFC on draft day & it was crazy busy and a mess, managers yelling at employees and such, the kid putting our bucket together was obviously disgruntled with his job so he asked us if we wanted to "Double Down" then he proceeded to give us tons of extra free food...

it was awesome...

Will be keeping tabs best i can,im very interested in the way the knew kids on the block Lol conduct themselves,im sure the homeworks been done.Grigson center stage,lets get the show on the road.Im readdddddddddy for some football!!!!! Gramz those S O trackmeets very rewarding the kids get so much outta them

I watched last year draft from start to finish and will this year and this is what happened and I posted it on another Colts section of another sports forum way before I joined this one, the other Colts section on that sports forum is not as great as this one. The other can go days without a posting while it's continuous on this one...

About last years draft:

The 1st Colts pick starts espn went to commercial, I was ok no big deal, then Colts 2nd pick and bam they went to a commercial again and went to the jerk offs talking about the lockout, then they go back to the main guys and they start talking about having to give playbooks back and not enough time to workout and get in shape, and then after another 2 teams picks later then they talk about Colts pick briefly a few words, just watched the back to back picks of NE

I'm now waiting for Colts 3rd pick to see if they go to commercial again, WOW what a surprise!!!! They went to a commercial again, this is pathetic, they think were so stupid we wouldn't notice, I did!!!! And now there talking about NE trading picks, NE this NE that, there man crush on Belichick is unbelievable, They haven't said anything about Colts 3rd round pick, what the purpose of Colts fans even watching this NE Belichick draft show!!!! OH to have a direct phone line those jerks!!!!

I know it'll be different for the 1st pick this year of course, but espn has a agenda and the Colts is not been a hot topic before the P.Manning incident since the start of last season till now, we'll see what happens this year...

Edited by Maureen
profanity/inappropriate