Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Season Opener: Seahawks @ Colts, September 12, 2021, 1pm ET

NFLfan

Just now, EastStreet said:

I don't see this as much coaching/scheme related, as player performance.

We're giving up so much cushion in coverage, and our bend don't break is getting broken...

And playing C2 with Willis covering Locket/DK is just begging for a deep pass.

THIS.  These guys whined their way out of real work during OTAs, then camp was a cluster of injuries, covid, and little full contact practice, one less pre season game....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I think it was inexcusable leaving Willis 1v1 on a WR like Lockett. Did it twice, and coverage is not Willis' strong point. Poor coaching.

boom

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

looks like our burnt toast prediction was actually being generous 

double boom

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is schematic failure. You cannot allow to get your slow safety matched against the quickest receiver two times in one half. This is horrible. 

triple boom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SchlicterSZN said:

THIS.  These guys whined their way out of real work during OTAs, then camp was a cluster of injuries, covid, and little full contact practice, one less pre season game....

All teams had pretty much the same setup....

Our D just isn't that good.... We got propped up last year by playing a bunch of weak az teams.

Any decent QB, and even Minshew, made us look silly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Against 2 legit deep threats, what would be your plan to contain them with the limitations we have in our secondary? Genuine question, not a shot to be clear (though I'd hope you'd know that by now!).

At the very least jam him at the line. Throw more than one on him. Put some over the top coverage on him? He’s good so it’s a challenge no matter what.

• Thanks 1

Overall, not a very encouraging 1st half to start the season.

Defense unfortunately picking up where they left off last season and are struggling Big time against good QBs in this league.  To add more problems, the run D (a strength last year) has been bad as well.

Bottom line, as has been stated multiple times previously, this team has no shot of contention with a defense performing this poorly. Yes, I understand Wilson is an elite QB and Seattle has a lot of weapons at WR, but who do you think we are facing off against come playoff time?  

Our offense looks pretty decent though. We can't let up on the run game however as that wears down the D in the second half. I don't have the exact numbers, but the Colts seemed to start off many games last year losing but have the offense come on in the second 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dude just ran down the field and nobody was on him WTH!! Hell I could get out of my recliner with a beer belly and eating 10 wings and play better D than that. Teams will do this all year against us if we don't fix this quickly.

Ok I'm coming to your place next game....I'll bring snacks :funny:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If this keeps up all season they are going to have to think about changing D coordinators. Plus we just paid Leonard 100 million and he is non existent. Something with Eberflus is not working. It’s getting to the point it’s laughable.

It's... game... one. 

Even in normal seasons there is odd results all across the league in week one, let alone after the last 2 years of disruption. Historically D's start slower than O as well. 

But again, it's game one, chill out. You've been told about hyperbole in game day before.

• Like 2

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

It's... game... one. 

Even in normal seasons there is odd results all across the league in week one, let alone after the last years of disruption. Historically D's start slower than O as well. 

But again, it's game one, chill out. You've been told about hyperbole in game day before.

This was a very weird off season and TC for everyone 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Leonard should've been Lockett both times especially on that 69 yard bomb. lmao 

Leonard hasn’t done anything to note for a “superstar”.

He also watched as a TE caught a TD pass right in front of him.